Thread: Former Jays prospect

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Former Jays prospect

I'm trying to figure out the name of a Blue Jays prospect from years ago, and I was hoping people here can help me out.

The kid had a great preseason (sometime about 5-10 years ago, maybe a bit longer). I'm pretty sure he was an outfielder and hit something like .400 or .450 in the preseason. So the Jays kept him, but he ended up not being any good in the majors.

I'm pretty sure the guys name was something Goose (but I don't think I'm thinking of Anthony Gose, as he's too young). I may be off on the name completely, but that's what is rattling around in my head.

Anyone remember who I'm thinking about? Or am I just crazy?

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    I'm trying to figure out the name of a Blue Jays prospect from years ago, and I was hoping people here can help me out.

The kid had a great preseason (sometime about 5-10 years ago, maybe a bit longer). I'm pretty sure he was an outfielder and hit something like .400 or .450 in the preseason. So the Jays kept him, but he ended up not being any good in the majors.

I'm pretty sure the guys name was something Goose (but I don't think I'm thinking of Anthony Gose, as he's too young). I may be off on the name completely, but that's what is rattling around in my head.

Anyone remember who I'm thinking about? Or am I just crazy?
    Did they keep him just for that season or was he traded? I'm digging in my memory...
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Only person I can think of off the top of my head is Gabe Gross. Don't remember if he tore up the preseason but he never panned out as a major leaguer.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    Only person I can think of off the top of my head is Gabe Gross. Don't remember if he tore up the preseason but he never panned out as a major leaguer.
    That's the guy. I remember taking him late in a draft one year after a great preseason and having to drop him because he was pretty brutal.

Thanks all.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    That's the guy. I remember taking him late in a draft one year after a great preseason and having to drop him because he was pretty brutal.

Thanks all.
    Damn,

I was going to guess Gross.

Nice one, Brandon!
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."