Thread: Ryan Nugent-Hopkins - Keeper ???

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Ryan Nugent-Hopkins - Keeper ???

I'm in a 14 team keeper league and just traded away Fasth, Iginla & Skinner for top draft picks. I was planing on keeping RNH as my 10th keeper but starting to have doughts as I'm hearing that Edmonton will likely be without him until November. Not sure I can offered to bench him until then.

Should I try to trade for a 10th keeper or protect Brian Campbell as my 10th keeper ?

Yahoo! 14 TEAM - ROTO - KEEPER - C(2), LW(2), RW(2), D(4), UTIL(2), G(2), IR(3), BN(6)

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG, W, GAA, SV%, SHO

Note: My current 10 keepers!

C:
    Jonathan Toews
    Ryan Getzlaf
    Ryan Nugent-Hopkins

LW:
    Taylor Hall
    Chris Kunitz

RW:
    Vladimir Tarasenko

D:
    P.K. Subban
    Slava Voynov

G:
    Jonathan Quick
    Jonas Hiller

Dobber Sports Icon

In a keeper in makes no sense at all to drop RNH because you may be missing him for a month or two. That's the kind of move you'll be regretting after...a month or two. No injured reserve in your league? Even without it, I'd be keeping RNH.

Of course if you can trade him for equal or better value you can go that route, but don't drop him.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Nichushkin, Batherson, Sharangovich
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei, Forsling
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, But, G.Perreault, Morrow, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Prodigy

good job getting top picks for your spare parts but u definitely have to keep RNH. This is a keeper league after all and injuries are bound to happen. Heck we all lost Karlsson last year but none of us in keeper leagues dropped him!! Its hard to shoot with an injured shoulder which explains his drop off in goals. Look for him to come back strong because you know the talent is there.
    League: 16 team Roto, 12 keepers, 23 man roster, 10 player farm 52 NHL games played max
    Skater cats:
    G/A/PPG/SHG/SHA/OTG/GWG/ENG/DA/DG/SOG/Hits/BS/PIM/Minors/Maj/plus minus
    Goalie cats:
    GGP/Mins/W/SO/SA%/GAA/S

Dobber Sports Veteran

Keep RNH. He's extremely young and valuable in a keeper format.

Okay, I will keep RNH as my 10th keeper but just got offered Crawford for RNH & Hiller.

If I accept, I would be upgrading my goalies and also could keep Brian Campbell as my 10th keeper.

Should I Accept or Reject as my team is fine with Hiller & RHN ?

Yahoo! 14 TEAM - ROTO - KEEPER - C(2), LW(2), RW(2), D(4), UTIL(2), G(2), IR(3), BN(6)

Note: We get to keep 10 keepers!

C:
    Jonathan Toews
    Ryan Getzlaf
    Ryan Nugent-Hopkins

LW:
    Taylor Hall
    Chris Kunitz

RW:
    Vladimir Tarasenko

D:
    P.K. Subban
    Slava Voynov

G:
    Jonathan Quick
    Jonas Hiller

Dobber Sports Expert

Keep RNH.

I own RNH and would not trade him straight up for Crawford. In a couple of years, RNH should be a 90 point stud. You could draft a Markstrom-type G today and in a couple of years, he should be a stud G. In a couple of years, then, you could have Markstrom and RNH, instead of just Crawford. The point is, players like RNH are not easily replacable. You already have Hiller. You don't need to lose a player like RNH to replace Hiller.
    13 team Keeper, top 8F, 4D and 2G count. 1pt G/A, 2pt W/SO.
    Protect up to 500 points in a full season
    (K) denotes keeper

Keepers:

F: Draisaitl, Thompson, Thomas, Zuccarello, Konecny, Marchessault Ehlers, O'Reilly, Tarasenko, Perron, Coronato, Seguin, Atkinson, Rossi, Michkov
    D: Q Fox, Sergachev, Dobson, York, Hutson
    G: Vasilevsky, Jarry, Levi

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    Okay, I will keep RNH as my 10th keeper but just got offered Crawford for RNH & Hiller.

If I accept, I would be upgrading my goalies and also could keep Brian Campbell as my 10th keeper.

Should I Accept or Reject as my team is fine with Hiller & RHN ?

Note: We get to keep 10 keepers!

C:
    Jonathan Toews
    Ryan Getzlaf
    Ryan Nugent-Hopkins

LW:
    Taylor Hall
    Chris Kunitz

RW:
    Vladimir Tarasenko

D:
    P.K. Subban
    Slava Voynov

G:
    Jonathan Quick
    Jonas Hiller
    You're undervaluing RHN and Hiller here and overvaluing Campbell - you have IR, use it for RHN.

The Great One

Stick with what you have. Crawford is not THAT much of an upgrade on Hiller.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Sit on the Nuge and see how it plays out. I wouldn't be in a rush to find room for Campbell as a keeper.

If you can try to trade RNH I'd do it. The guy is proving he'll be worse then Sami Salo at staying healthy.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by ds760 View Post
    If you can try to trade RNH I'd do it. The guy is proving he'll be worse then Sami Salo at staying healthy.
    How so? Rookie season - 62 points (I believe). Last season, played through a shoulder a injury until he couldn't. How does this justify band aid boy status?

correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't Taylor Hall injured quite often during his first few seasons?
    (K) denotes keeper

Keepers:

F: Draisaitl, Thompson, Thomas, Zuccarello, Konecny, Marchessault Ehlers, O'Reilly, Tarasenko, Perron, Coronato, Seguin, Atkinson, Rossi, Michkov

Quote Originally Posted by Seeds of Grapes View Post
    How so? Rookie season - 62 points (I believe). Last season, played through a shoulder a injury until he couldn't. How does this justify band aid boy status?

correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't Taylor Hall injured quite often during his first few seasons?
    Your right about taylor hall and perhaps he can't make it through an entire season as well. The Knock on RNH is small frame and at 170lbs he's knocked off the puck easily and can't take a hit well. Any time you see players getting injured as much as they do while they are so young you should think twice about whether or not your better off trading them or keeping them for the long term. All I'm suggesting is that if you can get a good trade done for him I'd do it. Good player but not worth the long term risk.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by ds760 View Post
    Your right about taylor hall and perhaps he can't make it through an entire season as well. The Knock on RNH is small frame and at 170lbs he's knocked off the puck easily and can't take a hit well. Any time you see players getting injured as much as they do while they are so young you should think twice about whether or not your better off trading them or keeping them for the long term. All I'm suggesting is that if you can get a good trade done for him I'd do it. Good player but not worth the long term risk.
    Actually, I would draft Hall as a top 7 player, but he was, as a matter of fact, injured for 15-20 games a season prior to last season. RNH was a #1 overall draft pick; 90 + potential. One shoulder injury does not establish an injury pattern. He is small, but he is still a kid. He will grow into his frame.

He may or may not prove to be injury-prone, but he has not proven it yet. IMO, his future star value easily supported by his 1st year performance is too good to trade away.
    (K) denotes keeper

Keepers:

I'll take Hub over RNH.

Ryan Nugent-Hopkins - C - Oilers

Ryan Nugent-Hopkins (shoulder) will not be available for the start of the 2013-14 campaign.
    "In talking to our medical staff, we've determined that everything is on schedule -- but it's important for them that we maintain the pessimistic schedule that we started with, which would be Nov. 1," Craig MacTavish said. In other words, Nugent-Hopkins could miss Edmonton's first 14 games, assuming there's no setbacks. After that, it's entirely possible that the rust of missing the preseason and October will further diminish his production even after he returns.

Jonathan Huberdeau appears to be bigger and healthier than he was in a Calder Trophy-winning rookie campaign.
    The rising star said he's over a hip injury that limited him in 2013 and even added 10 lbs. of muscle. The Florida Panthers don't have a ton to be excited about in 2013-14, but Huberdeau's development might head the list. Sep 5 - 2:16 PM