Thread: Troy Brouwer

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Troy Brouwer

I have to send my keeper list soon and I'm wondering if I should keep Troy Brouwer. 14 teams league (12 forwards + bench), multi categories (hits, pim, PPG, PPA, etc...).

He had a great season and I'm just wondering if I can expect a 30 g 20 a season. If so, I think he can be pretty valuable...

And I wouldn't be keeping him over anybody else since I won't fill all my keepers spots. It's just that it's a salary league and I have him at 10$. Not a bargain in the league, but a fair price if he can score around 50 pts.

Dobber Sports Pro

Brouwer is a roto stud. With your cats he was probably a top ten RW last season. Definite keeper. Not a lot of trade value, but this is the kind of guy that wins pools. Second line RW, PP1..hits, pims and even fows.
    Ultimate Fantasy Hockey League - 2nd Place
    Teams: 12
    Players: G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG,FW,HIT

Goalies: GS,W,L,GAA,SA,SV,SV%,SHO
    Pro(23) Keep(17)
    3C - Toews/Spezza/Rask/Backlund/Dubinsky(LW)
    3LW -Palat/Abdelkader(RW)/Henrique(C)/Soderberg(C)
    3RW - Simmonds/Smith(C)/Little(C)/Jenner(C)/Stafford
    6D - Doughty/Ekman-Larsson/Chara/Braun/Klingberg/Stone/Theodore
    2G - Hellybuyck/Lehner
    IR - Wisniewski/Perreault(C)/Savard/Pavelec
    Farm(10)
    C - Dvorak(LW)
    LW -Lindberg(C)
    RW -
    D - Pulock/Gustafsson
    G - Darling/Hutchinson/Condon/Ullmark//Johnson/Raanta

Dobber Sports Pro

Depends on who the rest of the players are on your squad but Brouwer definitely has some serious value in leagues such as yours.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hockey Hitman View Post
    Depends on who the rest of the players are on your squad but Brouwer definitely has some serious value in leagues such as yours.
    Kessel and Callahan for the RW. Will still have 3 RW spots at the draft if I want to.

Other than that, Pavelski at centre, and Lupul as a LW.

Dobber Sports Initiate

you should just post your entire team when posting for more accurate responses.

or put it in your sig. along with complete scoring cats

I think brouwer is awesome and killed it for me last season, but as a keeper, its debatable.

I hope to pick him up again in the draft
    L1: 14T keep 10 H2H 12F/6D/2G/3B
    P Cats: g/a/+/-/pim/sog/bs/stp/hits
    G Cats: w/sv/so/gaa/sv%

F: tarasenko,yamamoto,p kane,backstrom, zuccarello,gourde,lafreniere,w karlsson,iafallo,bunting,khaira,brown,pageau,vorac ek, palat,verhaeghe
    D: klingberg,theodore,gudas,burns
    G: varlomov,talbot,shesterkin
    IR: radulov,pettersson

L2: 10T keep 10 H2H
    P Cats: g/a/+/-/pim/sog/bs/stp/hits
    G Cats: w/sv/so/gaa/sv%

F: w. karlsson,mcdavid,kreider,nylander,hoffman,giroux,d ebrincat,reinhart,hintz,verhaeghe,tuch,iafallo,tol vanen,robertson
    D: klingberg,trouba,yandle,faulk,letang
    G: shesterkin,sorokin,lankinen,lehner
    IR: seguin,petterson,fleury

The Wolverine

Brouwer is a valuable player in this setup, but be careful not to overvalue him for three reasons:

1) Shortened season breakout - perhaps he's continue at that pace but there's always a risk for slumps in a full season.

2) Shooting percentage - he shot 17% last season, which is doable for someone who's efficient (14% career) but not sure that's sustainable year on year. Maybe if he shoots more then he can get close but I hesitate to make that assumption that he'll score 30.

3) Power play points - he had 16 PPP in 47 games, which is a great total for top players but for a complementary player like Brouwer it may be an outlier.

That being said, it's possible that last season's breakout is a sign of things to come and he's find a nice position on the Caps. However, as above ntrspctv suggested, it would help if you posted your entire roster to gauge whether he's worth a keeper spot. Also, is this a H2H or Roto league?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by vlVlv View Post
    Kessel and Callahan for the RW. Will still have 3 RW spots at the draft if I want to.

Other than that, Pavelski at centre, and Lupul as a LW.
    I would keep Kessel and Callahan over Brower but would keep Brower over Pavelski and Lupul.

Tough to guage without your whole team but he is valuable in your format, may or may not be a keeper.

We have 11 keeper spots, which is high...

And keep in mind it's an auction draft with a salary league.

C : Thornton (28), M. Richards (23), Pavelski (17), M. Koivu (17), Plekanec (18)

LW : Lupul (10)

RW : Kessel (28), Callahan (9), Brouwer (10)

D : Pietrangelo (15), Hamonic (6)

G : Rask (10), Bobrovski (10), Dubnik (10)

I can keep 11 of those players. The locks are Rask, Bob, Dubnyk, Pietrangelo, Kessel, Callahan, Lupul, and Pavelski (he's more valuable than we can think in my league).

So I have two more spots. I was thinking Brouwer (Hits, SOG, PIM...) and Hamonic...

The others are too costly to keep I find...