Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Huberdeau or Drouin??

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by ovi42 View Post
    When you're ranking him against the likes of Hall, Seguin and Duschene, it kinda is.
    It's asinine to use "what has he ever done in the NHL" against someone who legally could not play in the league until the upcoming season, regardless of whom you're comparing him to.

I could take Hal Gill and make him seem better than Drouin with the "what has Drouin ever done in the NHL?" argument. It's just silly. I respect the position that Drouin isn't the next hockey Jesus, but there is no worse argument for that than "what has he ever done in the NHL?".
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Pro

It's really not as simple as just saying "I'd take Drouin over these players." Have to evaluate on a case by case, league by league basis. I don't need to drink Drouin flavored kool-aid....there's enough scouts, writers and hockey people in general out there who will tell you how incredible a player Drouin is and will be.

So don't let the caveat of "I'm a Lightning fan" cloud your judgement and make you think I'm just being a homer. Also, the "he hasn't played one game yet" stuff is stating the obvious and doesn't contribute much to the discussion. Sometimes you just have to go with your gut based on all the facts....sometimes you have to take that leap of faith...we do it all the time in fantasy hockey. In this instance it's not much of a gamble at all to say Drouin(and MacKinnon) ill be a perennial all-star caliber in the National Hockey League for many years to come....and will be more valuable than certain other current "established" players.

Now someone get me a refill!!
    Last edited by The Hockey Hitman; September 7, 2013 at 9:11 PM.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I don't watch Tampa games so I don't know but doesn't Purcell have the PP1 LW slot on lock down?
    Hockey
    12 team H2H Keeper League (Yahoo)
    30 Player Rosters - Keep 15

Categories(12)(8 player, 4 Goalie): G, A, GWG, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, Hits, W, GAA, Save%, SO

C: Kopitar, Spezza, Getzlaf, Matthews, Malkin
    L: B. Schenn, Guentzel
    R: Perry, Zuccarello, Coyle, Kessel
    D: Klingberg, Shattenkirk, Klefbom
    G: Holtby

Dobber Sports Veteran

This is not an easy choice but I think Drouin is a special talent. And I probably take him over Huberdeau.
    Points only keeper league
    7 teams
    28 keepers
    Weekly line up: 12 F / 6 D / 2 G
    Goalie stats: W=2 / SO=2