Thread: Sven Baertschi, Colin Wilson, or Ryan Johansen?

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Sven Baertschi, Colin Wilson, or Ryan Johansen?

Hey guys... In a deep multi-category keeper league and in the middle of picking my last keeper spot. ONLY HAVE ROOM FOR ONE! Sven Baertschi, Colin Wilson, or Ryan Johansen? I have a good shot to win it next year, so more focused on immediate impact.

Dobber Sports Wizard

I'll take Bartschi. Wilson might get a few more points than him next year (maybe) but it will be close, and I prefer Bartschi long-term.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Pro

Only one of those players will realistically help you win this season, and that's Colin Wilson. His points per game pace has risen three consecutive season's and he was one of the very few Predators last season who showed up to play every single night. I think he has the potential to put up 60+ points this season...barring injury he should produce at least 50+ points though, something neither Baertschi or Johansen will get close in 2013-14. I think Baertschi is the guy I'd take if I was thinking for the next 3-5 years, he's going to be a big time scorer for Calgary in my opinion...

So definitely Wilson if you're trying to win it all this season, he can and will contribute to that.

Hope this helps.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I would keep Wilson as he should outpoint Bartschi by a healthy margin this season. Since it's your last keeper spot and you are making a run at the crown, you want to leave it all on the ice. Bartschi as Fast Tony suggests is likely the better long term choice but situationally I would roll the dice with Wilson.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I'd keep Sven pretty easily

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Bartschi over Wilson, long term and this year.. Johansen still has that huge potential in him, but how long do we have to wait to even see a glimpse of that huge potential??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Ace

What makes anyone think Sven out produces Wilson? Calgary is the worst and Sven isn't going to generate 60+points by himself next year. Even 50+ is a stretch as far as I'm concerned.
    F: P. Kane, Oshie, N. Foligno, Thorton, Coyle, Marleau, Pavelski, Dubinsky
    Steen
    D: seabrooke, Subban,wizniewski,garrison, Carle
    G: Niemi, Fleury,

G/A-1 pt PIM- .25pts
    Win-2pts Shutouts- 5pts(2+3)
    Keep 10. Top 13 count (4 d, 1 g, 6 Frwd and next highest-any position)

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Bartschi over Wilson, long term and this year.. Johansen still has that huge potential in him, but how long do we have to wait to even see a glimpse of that huge potential??
    How do you figure Baertschi will be better this year?
    GO WINGS!