Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tarasenko or granlund

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Tarasenko or granlund

granlund seems to have less guys ahead of him, but who has a better year?
    11 GM limited keeper. keep 13 drop 10. 12f,6d,2g,3bench

Use current cap.

G8, A7, SHG5, SHA3, PIM1, .02 for hits,shots, blocks.
    Goalies stats. W.10, SO.5, OTL.3, SOL.2, SV.010

F-, Connor , svechnikov , Aho , E.Lindholm,hoglander,trochek
    , mcmichael, Konecny, batherson, Farabee, tomasino,

Bench, shesterkin , pinto, Lundkvist, Tomasino

D- theodore, girard, weeger, shattenkirk, clague, perunovich

G- hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Padawan

Tarasenko. Granlund is good but i feel Tarasenko has more to give and I think he earns a sheltered offensive role this year.
    Pool A
    G, A, +/-, PM, PPG, SHG W L T SO SV% GAA
    Cap 80,375,000
    Center: Backstrom, Giroux, Stepan, Spezza
    Wing: Ovechkin, Hall, Kessell, Nash, Voracek, Landeskog, Huberdeau, Schwartz
    Defence: Karlsson, Goligoski, Schultz, Barrie, Gardiner, Smith
    Goalie : Lundqvist, Dubnyk, Lehner
    Farm: Monohan, Bjugstad, Shinkaruk, Horvat, Killorn, Rattie

Pool B
    G, A, PTS, +/-, Hits, GWG W SO GAA SV%
    Cap 80,375,000
    F: Ovechkin, Kessell, Lupol, Backstrom, Giroux, Stepan, JvR, Forsburg, Landeskog, Etem, Eakin, Saad
    D: Green, Letand, Staal, McDonaugh, Faulk, Barrie
    G: Lundqvist, Halak
    Bench: Lecavalier, Grabovski
    Farm: Shinkaruk, Lindholm, Larsson, Gardiner, Visetin

Dobber Sports Veteran

Tarasenko now and in the future and this isn't even remotely close. Granlund is good but he's smaller and not even close to the same class of player as Tarasenko now or ever.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Mattp913 View Post
    Tarasenko now and in the future and this isn't even remotely close.
    Dobber stats (upside, 3yp, 2013-14)
    Tarasenko: 90-65-40
    Granlund: 90-67-36

I guess Dobber has no idea what he is doing...

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Dobber stats (upside, 3yp, 2013-14)
    Tarasenko: 90-65-40
    Granlund: 90-67-36

I guess Dobber has no idea what he is doing...
    Isn't this why we frequent his site and forums? So we can double check his work and explain where he's made his mistakes?

:P
    Pool A
    G, A, +/-, PM, PPG, SHG W L T SO SV% GAA
    Cap 80,375,000
    Center: Backstrom, Giroux, Stepan, Spezza
    Wing: Ovechkin, Hall, Kessell, Nash, Voracek, Landeskog, Huberdeau, Schwartz
    Defence: Karlsson, Goligoski, Schultz, Barrie, Gardiner, Smith
    Goalie : Lundqvist, Dubnyk, Lehner
    Farm: Monohan, Bjugstad, Shinkaruk, Horvat, Killorn, Rattie

Pool B
    G, A, PTS, +/-, Hits, GWG W SO GAA SV%
    Cap 80,375,000
    F: Ovechkin, Kessell, Lupol, Backstrom, Giroux, Stepan, JvR, Forsburg, Landeskog, Etem, Eakin, Saad
    D: Green, Letand, Staal, McDonaugh, Faulk, Barrie
    G: Lundqvist, Halak
    Bench: Lecavalier, Grabovski
    Farm: Shinkaruk, Lindholm, Larsson, Gardiner, Visetin

Dobber Sports Master

Tarasenko now and in the future and this isn't even remotely close. Granlund is good but he's smaller and not even close to the same class of player as Tarasenko now or ever.
    I love the statement!

They are definitely completely different types of players, but I would argue that while Tarasenko's game is WAY more flash and dash, I would not be surprised to see Granlund quietly rack up near as many pts (or more in some seasons) as Tarasenko.

As juniors, both shouldered their teams at WJC and Granlund had some pretty darn good stats in a men's league oversea, but overall if you gave me the choice I would take Tarasenko. That said, Granlund is no slouch and sleeping on him this year would be a huge mistake..

Granlund will get you the asissts. Tarasenko the goals. The totals of pts may not be that far apart. The plus/minus will depend on the strength of their teams.. Edge to Tarasenko for that, even if I believe Granlund to be the more polished player.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Ace

Injuries could be a factor for both these guys. Tarasenko wasn't the same after he came back from another concussion, but he looked great out of the gate. He'll have to work on his conditioning, and battle is way to a top six spot.

Granlund couldn't seem to find his groove at the NHL level. He looked outstanding at the AHL level, but seemed to missing a gear once the NHL season began. I think he should be given a chance to earn a top 6 role with Minny.

I'd take the Finn, and hope he turns into a points machine.

Banned

I think both guys are overhyped but if you don't think Granlund was held in the same regard then you haven't been following prospects. He was drafted 9th overall in the same draft and has done the same over in Europe and has elite skill.

Not even close to the same class of player...ok champ

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    I think both guys are overhyped but if you don't think Granlund was held in the same regard then you haven't been following prospects. He was drafted 9th overall in the same draft and has done the same over in Europe and has elite skill.

Not even close to the same class of player...ok champ
    Agreed. Granlund dominated the AHL and will adjust fine to the NHL given time. He's more of a cerebral player than Tarasenko and could easily outpoint him. My vote is for Granlund since he doesn't have to play in a Hitchcock system.
    http://twitter.com/robsintheshed

12 Team - H2H Keeper League - 25 Players - 13 Keepers
    (G, A, P, +/-, Hits, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, SV%)
    Keepers
    C: Tavares, Benn,
    LW: Galchenyuk, Landeskog, .
    RW: Pominville, Little, Oshie, Yakupov
    D: Subban, Vatanen, Fowler
    G: Price, Bishop

Dobber Sports Pro

I'm curious to hear an explanation on this. What do you mean by "not even close"? 20pts in best years?
    http://twitter.com/robsintheshed

12 Team - H2H Keeper League - 25 Players - 13 Keepers
    (G, A, P, +/-, Hits, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, SV%)
    Keepers
    C: Tavares, Benn,
    LW: Galchenyuk, Landeskog, .
    RW: Pominville, Little, Oshie, Yakupov
    D: Subban, Vatanen, Fowler
    G: Price, Bishop

Dobber Sports Guru

I own Granlund in my points only keeper and Im not sure I would trade him for Tarasenko. Concussion, plays on the Blues and he is Russian!!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by robmyatt View Post
    I'm curious to hear an explanation on this. What do you mean by "not even close"? 20pts in best years?
    Yeah actually that sounds about right.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by wendelclark17 View Post
    I own Granlund in my points only keeper and Im not sure I would trade him for Tarasenko. Concussion
    Ah but be careful... Granlund had one of those too....

I don't think playing on the Blues will hurt Tarasenko. He is much more dynamic than any member of the Oshie, Backes, Berglund, MacDonald, Steen, Stewart, Perron (now departed) group.. Some players just succeed at breaking the mold (Tarasenko) where others failed (Oshie, Perron).

Russian factor.. Sure. Though I think he is in the NHL to stay.

I would prefer Tarasenko, but would not be unhappy with Granlund as a consolation prize. I don't think they will be separated by that much in their primes points-wise, unless one has an off-year and the other surges.

Tarasenko upside IMO: Ilya Kovalchuk-light. 40+G (maybe 50 once if the stars align), 40+A

Granlund upside IMO: Saku Koivu of the mid 1990s, without the injuries and a better goal-scorer (25+G 50+A)
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post

I don't think playing on the Blues will hurt Tarasenko. He is much more dynamic than any member of the Oshie, Backes, Berglund, MacDonald, Steen, Stewart, Perron (now departed) group.. Some players just succeed at breaking the mold (Tarasenko) where others failed (Oshie, Perron).

I would prefer Tarasenko, but would not be unhappy with Granlund as a consolation prize. I don't think they will be separated by that much in their primes points-wise, unless one has an off-year and the other surges.

Tarasenko upside IMO: Ilya Kovalchuk-light. 40+G (maybe 50 once if the stars align), 40+A

Granlund upside IMO: Saku Koivu of the mid 1990s, without the injuries and a better goal-scorer (25+G 50+A)
    Good point re the concussion! I have selective memory when it comes to my own players

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post

I don't think that would be Kovalchuk light. That's a shit ton of points and goals.

Anyways I think Granlund is the player with more flash and pure skill.