Thread: Which one would you keep?

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Which one would you keep?

I will have to cut some $ to get to the cap of 64.3M next season....I pick 1 and 2 in the first round so Mac and Drouin are locked. I also need to pick a D so I think it comes down to 3 guys I will have to chose from and replace them with lower salary players:

Semin
    Koivu
    Hossa

All 3 are difficult to trade right now due to their salaries (7M+) so the other GMS are not willing to take a big salary with the lower cap.

So, which one would you keep?
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Veteran

Can you trade one for a higher paid defender? Visnovsky,Wideman,Bouwmeister,Streit,Chara,etc

Dobber Sports Genius

Higher paid defender are all on FA right now...
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Hossa and Koivu. All 3 should be similar pts wise, so I'd drop the 2 most expensive.
    12 team, yahoo H2H Daily starts, keep 10
    G,A,+/-,Hits,PPP,SHP,SOG. W,SV%,SV,GAA,SHO
    2C,2LW,2RW,1Util,4D,2G
    C-RNH,
    LW-Benn,Kane, Drouin
    RW-Kessel,Ovechkin, Simmonds
    D-
    G-Lundqvist, Howard Gibson

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by agoodburn View Post
    Hossa and Koivu. All 3 should be similar pts wise, so I'd drop the 2 most expensive.
    Agreed. Keep Semin drop Hossa and Koivu
    Evgeni from the Bloc
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 10
    Daily Starts: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G

G,A,+/-,PPP, SHP, SOG, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: Tavares, Malkin, Johansen, Couture
    LW: Schenn (C), Kreider, Skinner, Kane
    RW: [B]Kucherov, Seguin (C), Wheeler, REinhart (C), Ehlers (LW)
    D: Byfuglien, Provorov, Giordano, de Haan, Phaneuf
    G: Bobrovsky, Lehner, Saros

2017 Picks: 1,2,3,5,6,6,7,8,9,10,11

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by CHunter View Post
    I will have to cut some $ to get to the cap of 64.3M next season....I pick 1 and 2 in the first round so Mac and Drouin are locked. I also need to pick a D so I think it comes down to 3 guys I will have to chose from and replace them with lower salary players:

Semin
    Koivu
    Hossa

All 3 are difficult to trade right now due to their salaries (7M+) so the other GMS are not willing to take a big salary with the lower cap.

So, which one would you keep?
    Well i wanted my response to be "Hossa" but that isn't allowed with the 10 character minimum. That's a very inconvenient thing

Dobber Sports Genius

Semin>>Hossa>>>>Koivu

Semin is the youngest and most dynamic of the three. I was psyched when he signed in Carolina and he showed his offensive talent all last season.

Hossa is uber talented as well and on a much better team(duh), but he has had injury problems creeping up. He as also a solid two-way player which I think holds him back by about 10 points a season.

Koivu is solid but as a point scorer he isn't in the same league as the other two. He is too much of a two-way center, almost like a third line players mentality in a first line role.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by hockeymanG23 View Post
    Semin>>Hossa>>>>Koivu

Semin is the youngest and most dynamic of the three. I was psyched when he signed in Carolina and he showed his offensive talent all last season.

Hossa is uber talented as well and on a much better team(duh), but he has had injury problems creeping up. He as also a solid two-way player which I think holds him back by about 10 points a season.

Koivu is solid but as a point scorer he isn't in the same league as the other two. He is too much of a two-way center, almost like a third line players mentality in a first line role.
    I agree with this! Solid advice, nothing more to add...