Thread: Kopitar's Trade Value

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Kopitar's Trade Value

I have a bit of a mixed bag of a team in my 28 team dynasty league that I'm looking for pointers on (a good number of the guys in this league are on the boards here, fyi). It's points based so G and A 1 pt, +/- .2 pt, SOG .1pt, PIM .2 pt. Let's just leave goalies out of the picture for a second.

I made the playoffs but got stomped in the first round, which I take to mean that my team isn't really a contender in the grand scheme of things.

I feel like the team either needs to go with an aggressive rebuild, or an aggressive win-now push. I feel like if I go the rebuild route, I can use Kopitar (or Carter) as a trade piece to get the ball rolling with some prospects and first round picks. I already have 15th and 24th picks in the first round.

I've been talking with an owner about moving Kopitar for Galchenyuk+Gallagher. He also holds 2nd overall (i.e. one of Mack/Drouin/Barkov/Jones). Would those two rookies+the pick make for a fair shake, or am I getting drunk off the ol' "upside" kool-aid.

Dobber Sports Pro

I own Kopitar in a very large dynasty keeper league myself...if I could get Galchenyuk, Gallagher plus one of Drouin or MacKinnon, I'd take that trade in a heartbeat. Sadly, I know for a fact the GMs in my league would never consider offering such a package! So if you could get that for Kopitar, it can end up nothing but a big win for you.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by The Hockey Hitman View Post
    I own Kopitar in a very large dynasty keeper league myself...if I could get Galchenyuk, Gallagher plus one of Drouin or MacKinnon, I'd take that trade in a heartbeat. Sadly, I know for a fact the GMs in my league would never consider offering such a package! So if you could get that for Kopitar, it can end up nothing but a big win for you.
    Agree with what he just said.
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Dobber Sports Stud

i really wouldn't want to trade kopitar, but that is just too much you'd be getting in return for him. especially if you can swap that 2nd overall for the first overall and guarantee getting mackinnon, who's gonna be a possible 100 point player, something kopitar will never be. coupled with galchenyuk's upside being around the same as kopitar's (although with gally it's potential, while kopitar has already been doing it for real).

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Have to agree with HH and Gainer here.

While you may be taking a slight step back in the immediate, the long term upside is staggering toward the move with the youngsters. I'd try and make that trade happen. BEEF UP AND SELL KOPITAR!!!

Dobber Sports Initiate

Thanks for giving my head a shake. I have a hard time taking an objective look at rookies/prospects, just because I can see the extremes and am a pretty risk averse guy.

I'll try working on getting a deal done. Rep all around!

The Great One

I agree with everyone else here. And I'd go as far to saw that you should throw in one of your picks if you need to, in order to get this deal done.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Galchenyuk+Drouin(2nd pick) is going to be worth way more than Kopitar in a few years. Adding Gallagher to that just sweetens it. Jump on it immediately

Dobber Sports Apprentice

you overvalue kopitar he is steady 70-75 points players !!!!! in a team with not a lot of goals year by year
    i trade him and i received a first pick (for drouin OR mckinnon )and a second round pick .

a lot of time when i read the posts here i am really surprise to see the value a lot of people give to some players!!!
    keeper league 18 GM sixth years
    Goal(1pts),helper(1pts),Victory(2pts),SO(1 pts)

forward**
    t seguin.... j hudler..... m lucic
    j benn..... a steen
    e malkin..... w simmonds
    a Kopitar.... t ennis

def**
    d doughty a markov
    s weber

goalies**
    s mason

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by pianoman View Post
    Thanks for giving my head a shake. I have a hard time taking an objective look at rookies/prospects, just because I can see the extremes and am a pretty risk averse guy.

I'll try working on getting a deal done. Rep all around!
    I'll be interested in hearing how this turns out. Because the return you've listed seems just too good to be true. I'll be amazed if that other GM doesn't back peddle...but hats off to you if you pull it off...

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    I'll be interested in hearing how this turns out. Because the return you've listed seems just too good to be true. I'll be amazed if that other GM doesn't back peddle...but hats off to you if you pull it off...
    He's really not budging on moving the 2nd overall. I pitched the same deal but with the 30th overall instead of 2nd overall.

I'm thinking maybe I just take Gallagher out, and try to push for the 2nd overall again?

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by pianoman View Post
    He's really not budging on moving the 2nd overall. I pitched the same deal but with the 30th overall instead of 2nd overall.

I'm thinking maybe I just take Gallagher out, and try to push for the 2nd overall again?
    The 2nd overall is worth WAY more than Gallagher. So yea, that's a better approach. I still don't think he'll bite though. But worth checking!

Dobber Sports Initiate

I've got a bite on the Galchenyuk+Gallagher+30th overall. But that's a really big step down from 2nd overall, thoughts?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'd not move Kopitar for Galchenyuk, Gallagher, and the 30th. I'd want the 2nd overall, and Galchenyuk at least.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by PensInThree View Post
    I'd not move Kopitar for Galchenyuk, Gallagher, and the 30th. I'd want the 2nd overall, and Galchenyuk at least.
    I agree. Gallagher and the 30th are both "meh" type assets. I'd ask Galchenyuk and 2nd overall and not worry about the minor assets. If he won't budge on 2nd overall pick, just keep Kopitar. It's not like guys like that grow on trees...