Thread: Scheifele, Granlund, or Forsberg?

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Scheifele, Granlund, or Forsberg?

12 team H2H league with 17 keepers and 6 prospect farm team.

Considering trading Dougie Hamilton for one of Scheifele, Granlund,or Forsberg.

My current C are Seguin, Couture, Kesler, Roy, and Kuznetsov.

My current Dmen include Letang, J.Schultz, Carlson, Gudas, D.Hamilton, and Trouba.

Have 6th overall pick, so S.Jones might fall to me (and could redraft Dumba who I did not protect). Or just stick with Hamilton?

Skater Categories: Goals (G), Assists (A), Points (P), Plus/Minus (+/-), Penalty Minutes (PIM), Powerplay Points (PPP), Shorthanded Points (SHP), Game-Winning Goals (GWG), Shots on Goal (SOG), Faceoffs Won (FW), Hits (HIT)

Goalie Categories: Games Started (GS), Wins (W), Losses (L), Goals Against Average (GAA), Saves (SV), Save Percentage (SV%), Shutouts (SHO)

Roster Positions: C, C, C, LW, LW, LW, RW, RW, RW, D, D, D, D, D, D, Util, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR, IR
    Semi-retired

Dobber Sports Sage

Looks like you can only play at most 4 Cs, and you have to play 6 Ds.

Is it necessary to do the trade before the draft?

I would lean towards keeping Dougie--then see where you are at after the draft.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I like the trade for either Scheifele or Granlund just based on upside. Hamilton doesn't have an upside that I think is so great as to want to protect him in the face of these options.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Between Scheifele and Granlund here, and I'm gonna go with Scheifele despite Granlund's hype. He should be playing next to Evander Kane, which should help his stats.

I'd love to see a line of Kane-Scheifele-Wheeler if the Jets ever decide to split up their top line.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I like either Scheifele or Granlund. Between the two who do I choose? Flip a coin. I have been debating these two in my head for the entire off-season and have flip flopped too many times. Probably Granlund if you want the edge in points and Scheifele if you want to fill out the grit categories a bit more.
    13 team Roto keeper league 12 F, 6D, 2G, G,A,+/-, PIMS, Hits, TOI(D), GAA, SV%, (Forwards are forwards, no distinction between L,R,C)

F) Ovechkin, Stamkos, Kunitz, Parise, Byfuglien, Backstrom, Little, Gaudreau, Hudler, Brassard, Girgensons, Nelson
    D) S. Weber, Phaneuf, Subban, Carlson, Josi, Vatanen
    G) Rask, Jones

The Great One

Couldn't you just hold Hamilton, and then if Jones does fall to you at 6th, trade Hamilton after the draft? I can't exactly tell by your post, but it sounds like you are thinking of trading Hamilton based on the belief that you might be able to draft Jones; drafts are so unpredictable.

From your list, I'm not really that keen on Forsberg. Granlund is the sexier name of the other two...but being behind Koivu for the indefinite future, I could see an argument why opts for Scheifele.

But to be honest, I think I'd be much more comfortable keeping Hamilton, or trading him if I drafted Jones...

Dobber Sports Veteran

I'd go for Schiefle. I think he hast the most upside. I put Forsberg slightly over Grandlund but it's close.

Dobber Sports Ace

Thanks .... Yah I might wait to make the trade ...

Previously when I asked the GM about those forward prospects I had Hamilton, Schultz, Trouba, and Dumba as D prospects on the farm so was looking for more balance. Since then I had dropped Dumba, and assumed Seguin would play C and traded for Kesler which reinforced my Cs.
    Last edited by cdubb; August 17, 2013 at 8:28 PM.
    Semi-retired

The Great One

Yeah, that's the move I'd make too. There are a lot of people very high on Hamilton, so I think the market for him will be the same now as it will be after your draft. It just makes sense to me to see what you team looks like before trading a player like that. Good luck!