Thread: Saad

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Saad

do any of you think he's a legit top 6 forward? He had success when boss's/sharp got injured but didn't do a hole lot in the playoffs? Contemplating if he would be considered a keeper
    Rotissery STATS: points per category
    Stakers:G /A /+/- /PIM /SOG /GWG /PPP /SHP /Hit /Blk
    Goalie:W / SV% / SHO / PIM / G /A /PPP
    Starting Rosters: 12F / 6D / 2G and 3 bench
    15 Team - NHL Salary Cap (Current)
    8 keepers per team.

Forwards

Defence

Goalie
    Rask - Fleury

BENCH:

IR:

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Heard a rumour that he might get tried as 2C with the Hawks. Competition for the job though with Handzus and Pirri though.
    14 team H2H Dynasty: 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 6Bench

G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, PPP, HITS, BLK,
    W, L, GA, GAA, SA, SV, Sv%, SO

Center: Kuznetzov, Johansen, Glass(RW), Hayton
    LW: T. Johnson(C/RW), Gurianov(RW), Labanc(RW), Zucker(RW),
    RW: Kucherov, Vorocek, Atkinson, Konecny,
    Defence: Josi, Trouba , Klingberg, Morrissey, Zadorov, Gudas,
    G: Fleury, Rittich
    Bench: Steel(C), Watson(LW/RW), Comtois(LW), Blais (LW/RW), Zaitsev(D), Saros(G)

Dobber Sports Ace

I'm gonna keep an eye on him during training camp. Looks like one of those guys that could push you into contention, if he pans out, and doesn't cost you much.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

He didn't do much in the playoffs because he wasn't in the top 6. During the regular season he played with Toews and Hossa and was great. During the playoffs the much more physical and experienced Bickell and Handzus were thrown in to the top 6. Honestly, you'll have to wait until the season starts. In the top 6 he could put up 50-60 points. Outside of it, he doesn't have much value.

Dobber Sports Pro

Very few guys are close to untouchable in my leagues and he is one of them. None of the GM's who have Saad in any of my five leagues will deal him unless for a big overpayment. I would consider keeping him for sure.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Unless your league counts playoffs, completely disregard Saad's performance during the Hawks' Cup run. If you isolate his regular season performance, he did not look out of place at all in a top six role with the Hawks - there was definitely an adjustment period but he did look comfortable once he got going. Great knack for finding open space and a slick stickhandler and passer. Jury's still out on his long-term upside, but I would peg him in the 45-55 range for the next year or two, then steady progression toward a 65-70 point player.
    14-team keeper, Fantrax weekly H2H roto match-ups, daily rosters, 4 waiver moves per week
    8 Skater Cats (G,A,PPP,SOG,PIM,HIT,BS,FOW) and 3 Goalie Cats (W,GAA,SV%)

Start C/C/LW/LW/RW/RW/F/F/D/D/D/D/D/G/G/Util, + 4 bench spots (20 player roster size + 1 IR spot as per Fantrax IR settings)
    Keep 10 players (and 8 prospects w/ less than 25 GP), 10 round entry draft (5 round prospect draft)

2013-14: 1st place reg. season, 3rd in Playoffs
    C - Giroux, Getzlaf, Kadri, Gagner
    LW - Kunitz, JVR, Schenn (C/LW), Girgensons (C/LW)
    RW - Carter (C/LW/RW), Hossa, Pominville, Perron (LW/RW)
    D - Doughty, Josi, Edler, Cowen, Gorges
    G - Andersen, Halak

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by The Hockey Hitman View Post
    Very few guys are close to untouchable in my leagues and he is one of them. None of the GM's who have Saad in any of my five leagues will deal him unless for a big overpayment. I would consider keeping him for sure.
    I like him, but he definitely isn't untouchable, huge overpayment good.

Dobber Sports Ace

Why? He seems like a good prospect, but nothing I've read screams "massive upside".

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I traded him for Barkov in our league and the general consenus that I made out in the trade.
    Last edited by joee; August 13, 2013 at 4:17 PM.

The Great One

Getting Barkov for Saad is a huge steal, IMO.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Getting Barkov for Saad is a huge steal, IMO.
    Agreed.

As someone who has watched 90% of Saad's shifts, there is nothing screaming out to me to trade for him. He definitely has upside but nothing that should be untouchable. I think he'll be somewhere between 45-55 pts this year with his ceiling in the future being in the high 60s. Q did mention Saad getting a chance to compete for the 2nd line center role with Pirri and Kruger during camp. If he doesn't win that spot he'll likely start on the 3rd line. Granted, he'll see a lot of time on the top 6 this year especially when Hossa gets hurt.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

The Great One

I'm curious who you'd be keeping as his 8 keepers? In looking at the OP's team, I have a hard time seeing Saad as top-8 material. Maybe I'm missing an important category or something, as I generally only do points only leagues...

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by pts9889 View Post
    Agreed.

As someone who has watched 90% of Saad's shifts, there is nothing screaming out to me to trade for him. He definitely has upside but nothing that should be untouchable. I think he'll be somewhere between 45-55 pts this year with his ceiling in the future being in the high 60s. Q did mention Saad getting a chance to compete for the 2nd line center role with Pirri and Kruger during camp. If he doesn't win that spot he'll likely start on the 3rd line. Granted, he'll see a lot of time on the top 6 this year especially when Hossa gets hurt.
    Exactly he's a decent 45-55 guy but is a starting 3rd liner until something else happens. In our system a prospect has to play 25 games to be on a roster and even then it's for next season. So the guy I traded him to is contending this year and traded his 3rd pick (Barkov) for Saad as he can't wait another year for Barkov to arrive he needs a player now. I'm my last year of a rebuild so it worked out for me too.