Thread: Team audit please...

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Team audit please...

Appreciate your thoughts on my team... finished 4th last year, now going into year two. Made a few trades this offseason to get where I am. Traded C. Stewart for a 1st round pick (Shinkaruk). Ended up trading Shinkaruk for Allen. Also made a blockbuster, trading P. Kane and my 2014 & 2015 2nd rounders for Huberdeau and 2014 & 2015 1st rounders (could both end up being top 5 picks).

10 team H2H dynasty league
    Start 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 1F, 6D, 2G
    15 man farm (<50 GP)
    G, A, P, PPP, +/-, HIT, BLK, SOG, FW / W, GAA, SV%, SV

C: Giroux (RW), Kopitar, E. Staal, H. Sedin, Spezza, Schwartz
    LW: D. Sedin, Huberdeau (C), Kunitz, Whitney, Bailey
    RW: St. Louis, Iginla, Callahan, Voracek, Burrows (LW)
    D: Chara, Enstrom, Green, Yandle, Suter, Campbell, Kulikov, Markov
    G: Rinne, Luongo, Hiller

Farm: Fasth, Allen, B. Smith, Pulock, Vatanen, Fucale, Jenner, Panik, Faksa, J. Andersson, H. Lindholm, J. Larsson, C. Knight, Vey, Bozon

Thanks in advance!

Dobber Sports Grand Master

From what I can tell, unless you get McDavid out of the Kane trade, that was not a good deal. Huberdeau could get to Kane's level, but I definitely wouldn't have made that deal. Getting Allen is alright, but I also don't like the Stewart deal. St. Louis kept him for a reason. Some of your forwards are getting old, I would try selling the Sedins for similar younger guys (try and get like Hall for Daniel), and I would also move Iginla for some younger guys with potential. Overall, pretty decent main team, I think your farm is very weak.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I definitely like acquiring Allen. The Kane deal looks kind of bad now, but it could easily work out in the long run. However the Kane deal was a rebuild move and you do have a lot of older guys. So I may try to move guys like Spezza,Chara,Iggy,Sedin,St. Louis,etc

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Kane is 24. Even in a rebuild, you keep him. Like I said. If the 2015 turns in to McDavid, it works out. If not, I'm sorry but sometimes you just lose deals. There's nothing in the 2014 class to be all that hyped about.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Overall a solid team. I agree with moving the Sedins, they just aren't elite anymore. I would also try to trade Luongo. Fasth should be n your roster with Hiller. One or two of your D would be good trade bait too, just because you are deep there.