Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Chara still a stud?

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    The other way to look at it is that time is on your side. He has five years left on his contract so you basically have that much time and it only takes one to make a good deal happen. Just keep him until the right deal comes along, but don't stop fishing.
    Good point re: the contract. Always an important indicator... It was for Elias to me too.

In an 8 team league it's hard to fish too much and the trend has been getting away from D. He doesn't hurt to keep, but is hard to sell. He's still a great piece though and makes the difference on a contending squad (i.e. my squad). The likely scenario remains a keep.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    Good point re: the contract. Always an important indicator... It was for Elias to me too.

In an 8 team league it's hard to fish too much and the trend has been getting away from D. He doesn't hurt to keep, but is hard to sell. He's still a great piece though and makes the difference on a contending squad (i.e. my squad). The likely scenario remains a keep.
    With only 8 teams there's going to be quality on the wire. You should be ok just keeping him. If he retires or falls below the waiver wire line, then just cut bait.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    With only 8 teams there's going to be quality on the wire. You should be ok just keeping him. If he retires or falls below the waiver wire line, then just cut bait.
    We have no wire... Very restrictive league. 35 players, 20 play, 15 bench. Full keeper. G and A only. 5 draft picks every year for every player not on any roster (incl. any player drafted or previously signed to a professional contract...i.e. no 16 yr olds).

He has value for sure still. Probably has most value on my team tho..
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Rookie

Awesome! Thanks guys! I think I will be keeping him. The other guys I'm considering in my last keeper spot are Backes, Kesler and M Koivu. But they all seem to be regressing making me think I can get them back for a decent price. It's an auction style salary cap draft, so price also has to get taken into consideration and I got Chara at a pretty good price.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    He's just like MSL at this point: elite fantasy value from an aging vet, physical specimen. But the return doesn't justify the real value in the vast majority of cases. Better off keeping him until retirement.
    In a new 10 team keeper last year I drafted MSL in the 9th round (87th overall). He was my 3rd most productive forward in a league thats counts hits/bs/pims.

In the same league Chara (who I traded for) was the 4th most productive dmen (and has been only dman in the top 5 each year since 2007).

Old guys helped me win a league where my top C's statiscially were Berglund, Cammelleri, Steen, Roy, etc... (and berglund/steen were trade deadline acquisitions)
    Last edited by cdubb; July 19, 2013 at 10:19 PM.
    Semi-retired