Thread: [Rumor] Spezza/Meszaros for O. Jokinen/Bouwmeester

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default [Rumor] Spezza/Meszaros for O. Jokinen/Bouwmeester

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/fla080619.html

Another rumour spreading on forums and web sites.......Just like the Malkin rumours, I\'m not sure I can see Spezza getting traded. At the same time, short-term this trade doesn\'t seem to be a bad one for Ottawa, especially considering Alfredsson is getting up there in age and the window for competing for a cup is getting smaller.

Fantasy-wise, as a Jokinen AND Spezza owner, I\'d like Spezza to stay put (with Heatley) and would like to see Jokinen being dealt to a team with more talent (than Florida).
    Six-Team League (8 keepers; 25-player roster; minimum of 4 defencemen; 1 team/goalies; bottom five players do not count in point totals)
    **Crosby, Benn, Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Tarasenko, Gaudreau, Kopitar, Mackinnon

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

edited the title.

Martin and Spezza never saw eye to eye in Ottawa. I don\'t get this deal.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Icon

Yeah this is kind of weak...

I can understand why both teams could feasibly want to do this, but I just don\'t think it\'ll shake out. Seems like niether team really gains anything in the overall scheme.

Mez and Bouwmeester aren\'t that different, and while jokinen is a bit older/more experienced, he and spazz are similar in terms of potential and production too.

I think florida will be entering rebuilding mode if jokinen and bouwmeester were to leave town... Moving sideways isn\'t what they need...

I don\'t get this one either. Seems to be a wash, so why do it?
    12 Team Dynasty League w/ Salary Cap (Updated: 3/23/2011)
    (CBS Sports Commissioner's League)
    Maximum Salary Cap: 70.5 million
    Roster Limit(s):
    Total: 23 + 2 available IR slot
    Active: C, C, C, W, W, W, W, D, D, D, D, G, G
    23 + 1 Man Roster (69.62 million) - 17 Keepers
    - Crosby (IR), Carter, Tavares, Duchene, Anisimov, Desharnais
    - Ovechkin, Giroux, Downie, Hall (LTIR), Tanguay, Samuelsson, Whitney, Justin Williams, Zuccarello
    - Green, Phaneuf, Doughty, Letang, Carlson, Karlsson
    - Price, Halak, Neuvirth, Varlamov
    Scoring Setup: W, L, GA, Saves, SO
    G, A, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, SOG, GWG, HT, FOW

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Top flight young center for Tier 2 older star center, and tier 2 younger defenseman for top flight young defenseman.

Why? Unless Florida throws in a 1st round pick this year, none of that makes sense to me.
    e11 team league
    F: Zetterberg, St. Louis, Iginla, Datsyuk, Alfredsson, Arnott, Forsberg, Stillman, Whitney, Knuble, Morrow, Holmstrom, Sakic, Doan
    D: McCabe, Lidstrom, Spacek, Markov, Schneider, Chara, Timonen
    G: Biron, Toskala, Ramo
    2ND PLACE

Dobber Sports Rookie

Why doesn\'t this make sense? Everyone rates players differently and even though both big name centres have similar production they are very different players. I would much rather have Jokinen on my team over Spezza.

Spezza is mostly a selfish player who does not play defense very well. High risk/high reward guy, whereas I think Jokinen would be a better leader although admittedly I have not seen him play that much. I have seen Spezza alot and he is soft, usually a peripheral player, but with great vision and super soft and skilled hands. Would rather have a grittier player who can drive to the net and go to the difficult areas of the ice and win battles and lead the troops in this way.

Dobber Sports Rookie

lanky is right. Martin never liked Spezza and he even sat him every other game in the playoffs a few years ago even though he was producing. Spezza couldn\'t find the way to his own end on a backcheck with a map and a compass and that doesn\'t suit Martin\'s style.

If he can stay healthy for a full season though he\'ll put up 100+ points and his best years are ahead of him so I wouldn\'t trade him for Jokinen.

I don\'t know if its because the draft is here in Ottawa but the rumours being thrown around the local media are crazy. Even if only a fraction of those pan out this weekend its going to be an interesting draft.

Dobber Sports Pro

primeau25 wrote:
    Top flight young center for Tier 2 older star center, and tier 2 younger defenseman for top flight young defenseman.

Why? Unless Florida throws in a 1st round pick this year, none of that makes sense to me.
    Where is Florida going to get that 1st round pick??

He is starting in goal for them.
    6Team/Points Only H2H Keep: 37+3goalies Start: 13F/6D/2G
    FWD = G(2), A(1), PP/SH(+1), GW(+2), SHOG(1)
    DEF = G(3), A(2), PP/SH(+1), GW(+2), SHOG(1)
    GOAL = W(3), OTL(1), SO(+2), SV(.10)

FOR: Malkin Ovechkin Kessel Stepan Gaborik Zetterberg Carter Vanek Pacioretty Duchene Skinner Lupul Hornqvist Perron Semin Okposo Byfuglien Granlund Bennett Strome Bjugstad Nichushkin Yakupov Galchenyuk Grigorenko Kuznetsov Kucherov Etem Burakovsky
    D: Letang Goligoski Kronwall Voynov JustinSchultz Hedman RyanMurphy AdamLarsson Pulock Sproul
    G: Lundqvist Lehtonen Schneider