Thread: Profar sticking around??

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Profar sticking around??

Well Yahoo might have just made my day if this is true....

Rangers general manager Jon Daniels said Monday that the club plans to discuss a way to keep Jurickson Profar in the majors after Ian Kinsler (rib cage) returns from the disabled list.

Advice: It was assumed that Profar would head right back down to the minors when Kinsler is ready, but his strong play has the Rangers reconsidering. "If it's going to be once a week, you don't want him sitting around doing that," said Daniels. "Something we're going to talk about is whether there's an opportunity to get him in the mix and get some guys off their feet." Profar, 20, is hitting .324 (12-for-37) with two home runs, one double and six RBI in 10 games since being called up from the minors.
    Would you guys hold on to Kipnis no matter what in this situation? Just in case......

Or would you try to move Profar? Talking in a yearly league btw...the one in sig.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

If its just a 1 year I'd try to cash in on profars name! Kipnis is a very good 2 bag and you're not gonna get much better at SS with tulo. You may find some prospect lover or rangers fan who will over pay quite a bit to have the #1 prospect in the world. Who knows, if he slumps for a few weeks they'll probably ship him back to AAA until sept where as your other 2 MI have set jobs! I love profar but that would be my strategy if it was a 1 year.