Thread: 14 Team H2H Auction Draft Results

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default 14 Team H2H Auction Draft Results

I didn't prepare at all for my draft this year so I was hoping I could get a critique or two to give me an idea where I stand. I spent most of my money on my OF and kinda ignored pitching so I ended up scraping together a bunch of guys that could be had cheap.

Scoring is as follows:

R H HR RBI SB BB K AVG
    W SV K ERA WHIP

Here is my team:

C Jesus Montero
    1B Eric Hosmer
    2B Neil Walker
    SS Hanley Ramirez
    3B Chase Headley
    OF Matt Kemp
    OF Andrew McCutchen
    OF Justin Upton
    UTIL Jason Heyward
    BN Jonathan Lucroy
    BN Chris Davis
    BN Matt Carpenter
    BN Jean Segura

SP Ryan Vogelsong
    SP Josh Beckett
    SP Wade Miley
    RP Addison Reed
    RP - Empty
    P Matt Harvey
    BN Alex Cobb
    Last edited by Confidential; March 22, 2013 at 2:23 PM.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Confidential View Post
    I didn't prepare at all for my draft this year so I was hoping I could get a critique or two to give me an idea where I stand. I spent most of my money on my OF and kinda ignored pitching so I ended up scraping together a bunch of guys that could be had cheap.

Scoring is as follows:

R H HR RBI SB BB K AVG
    W SV K ERA WHIP

Here is my team:

C Jesus Montero
    1B Eric Hosmer
    2B Neil Walker
    SS Hanley Ramirez
    3B Chase Headley
    OF Matt Kemp
    OF Andrew McCutchen
    OF Justin Upton
    UTIL Jason Heyward
    BN Jonathan Lucroy
    BN Chris Davis
    BN Brandon Belt

SP Ryan Vogelsong
    SP Josh Beckett
    SP Wade Miley
    RP Addison Reed
    RP -
    P Rick Romero
    BN Mark Buehrle
    BN Alex Cobb
    Not horrible at all bud! I love your offense, you've got good bats all the way through and onto your bench. Yeah you don't have any top arms in the rotation but I do really like Cobb he's been rock solid this spring and should put up good numbers for you in your cats so should the young arm of Miley. Burhle, vogle, and becket are all veteran arms on good teams so they should do well in the W column so they won't hurt you either. Can you still add from your WW? Not exactly sure all the rules of an auction. If so who's still available? There may be a good sleeper there like an erasmo or a cashner.

Quote Originally Posted by ruckus1717 View Post
    Can you still add from your WW? Not exactly sure all the rules of an auction. If so who's still available? There may be a good sleeper there like an erasmo or a cashner.
    I'm not sure how other auction leagues handle it but the remaining players come off waivers tomorrow and we're free to add or drop with a max of 3 moves per week.

I may need to add a 3B or shortstop depending on how bad Headley's injury is. Jean Segura and Mark Reynolds catch my eye as guys available there.

Erasmo and Cashner are both available.

As are the following:

Iwakuma
    Vargas
    Santana
    Griffin
    Milone
    Ryu *HADOKEN*
    Teheran

Not much in terms of closers...

Cook
    Pestano

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Myself I like erasmo over Romero and cashner is rp/sp and he could have a high ceiling. He throws 100mph and has K/inning talent asking as he transitions like they hope he will. As for a possible 3 bag replacement yeah Reynolds has always shown great power and this spring he seems to have hit bat going quite well so he could be worth the pickup if you need!

Wow... Looks like I might be missing HanRam for a while too.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Like A.J. Griffin, Tommy Milone over Buerhle and Romero personally, especially in a 14 team league.

Would also speculate on Teheran.

Someone dropped Matt Harvey so I decided to pick him up dropping Romero.

I'm not sure what to do with my injuries to Headley and Ramirez. I'd have to drop a couple guys to pick up replacements so another pitching move will have to wait.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Pretty nice team you have there! Pitching needs some work and I love the Harvey pick up, he's dirty. I think you need to seriously consider dropping Buehrle for Ryu, Buehrle is a good MLB pitcher but doesn't have much value in fantasy. Any good relief pitchers on the wire? If you're looking for a good injury replacement guy for Headley, I like Matt Carpenter on St. Louis. Has 1B/3B/OF eligibility and can flat out hit. He's likely to be the starter at second base in a great Cardinals lineup, I like that a lot. In terms of a Hanley replacement, I like Nakajima if he's still available.
    Last edited by dmvincent; March 22, 2013 at 6:33 AM.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Question

Quote Originally Posted by dmvincent View Post
    Pretty nice team you have there! Pitching needs some work and I love the Harvey pick up, he's dirty. I think you need to seriously consider dropping Buehrle for Ryu, Buehrle is a good MLB pitcher but doesn't have much value in fantasy. Any good relief pitchers on the wire? If you're looking for a good injury replacement guy for Headley, I like Matt Carpenter on St. Louis. Has 1B/3B/OF eligibility and can flat out hit. He's likely to be the starter at second base in a great Cardinals lineup, I like that a lot. In terms of a Hanley replacement, I like Nakajima if he's still available.
    Funny you should mention Carpenter. I picked him up around 1am last night. I also grabbed Jean Segura as a SS replacement. I don't know much about the available options there, Nakajima included.

My moves were:

-Romero, Buehrle, Belt
    +Harvey, Carpenter, Segura

As for RPs I'm watching Bondon, Santos, Madson, Cook and Pestano to see what happens with them.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Confidential View Post
    Funny you should mention Carpenter. I picked him up around 1am last night. I also grabbed Jean Segura as a SS replacement. I don't know much about the available options there, Nakajima included.

My moves were:

-Romero, Buehrle, Belt
    +Harvey, Carpenter, Segura

As for RPs I'm watching Bondon, Santos, Madson, Cook and Pestano to see what happens with them.
    Segura is still young, he's not exactly fantasy relevant yet. I would rather go with Nakajima but otherwise I think you're in a good spot with the moves you made.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Well I just gave Segura the boot to pick up Mitchell Boggs since it looks like he will replace Motte as the RP in St. Louis for at least a little while.

I wish I didn't have to drop Belt. Have a feeling with him but I don't think I can make room at the moment.

Also just to mention, other SS options I have are:

Cozart
    Peralta
    Drew
    Nakajima
    Gordon/Cruz