Thread: Keeper/Trade Dilemma - REP

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Keeper/Trade Dilemma - REP

So with my team and league set up the way it is. I will have a dilemma of keeping 12 at the end of the season with 13 players in mind. They are Crosby, Malkin, Backstrom, Kovalchuk, Parise, Ryan, Neal, Skinner, Karlsson, Subban, OEL, Rinne, Ward. With my farm team (under 100 GP) being: Galchenyuk, Granlund, Tarasenko, Yakupov, Silfverberg, Baertschi, Lindback, Markstrom.

My trade deadline is tomorrow and I have been offered Huberdeau and 1st round prospect pick (mid-late pick of this upcoming years draft) for Skinner. I would be able to protect Huberdeau and drop one of my prospect players like Silfverberg or Baertschi to keep Huberdeau and likely use his 1st round pick to pick that player up again.

Do i trade Skinner for Huberdeau? I thought about packaging a 2 for 1 deal to get a Stamkos or a Giroux but they said they are untouchables not leaving much for elite players.

Thanks for any feedback!
    H2H 12 Team/12 Keeper League. Cats: G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, HITS, BS, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SO, Saves

C - Crosby, Malkin, Backstrom
    LW - Gaudreau, Parise, E. Kane, Jenner (C), Panik (RW)
    RW - MacKinnon (C), Ehlers (LW), Komorov (C), Shaw (C), Vrbata
    D - Karlsson, Ekman-Larsson, Subban, Gostisbehere, Gudas, Klefbom
    G- Holtby, Bishop, Hellebuyck, Vasilevskiy

Farm - Aho, Eriksson-Ek, Schmaltz, Kaprisov, Theodore, Zaietsev, Sorokin, Stolarz

Dobber Sports Superstar

I think you have already thought this through and explored all the options you have available if you do this deal. Do this deal! I see Huberdeau as equalling Skinner at the very worst of times and the upside swings that even further in your favour big time. The Cats can't get much worse than they are this year! There is a great young core there and Huberdeau will be the "franchise" forward moving ahead. Skinner is no slouch, but IMO he is not a franchise forward and will likely bounce around the top six for the next few years. In other words, Huberdeau will have all the opportunity to reach his potential while Skinner will have a tougher road to follow. Huberdeau will be first line and first PP, he already is. Factor in the first round pick and I just can't see how this hurts you. With the keepers you already have you are in great shape and this deal only improves your team going into the draft next year. You have a few options as drops and cutting one loose will not hurt you. Hope this helps.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba55 View Post
    I think you have already thought this through and explored all the options you have available if you do this deal. Do this deal! I see Huberdeau as equalling Skinner at the very worst of times and the upside swings that even further in your favour big time. The Cats can't get much worse than they are this year! There is a great young core there and Huberdeau will be the "franchise" forward moving ahead. Skinner is no slouch, but IMO he is not a franchise forward and will likely bounce around the top six for the next few years. In other words, Huberdeau will have all the opportunity to reach his potential while Skinner will have a tougher road to follow. Huberdeau will be first line and first PP, he already is. Factor in the first round pick and I just can't see how this hurts you. With the keepers you already have you are in great shape and this deal only improves your team going into the draft next year. You have a few options as drops and cutting one loose will not hurt you. Hope this helps.
    i second this post by Bubba, Huberdeau is going to be the guy in FLA, and will likelyoutpoint Skinner in teh process. as for a drop Baertschi will be a one man island in CGY for a while so i would have no troubles dropping him over your others. You wil get some Silfverberg comments no doubt, but not from this guy...
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-