Thread: Acquiring Eberle?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Acquiring Eberle?

In points only set-ups, I wouldn't be hesitant to go after Eberle but in my league, I'm not so sure his value is as good. It's a salary cap league with cats of G, A, STPTS, +/- and PIM. Eberle's cap hit starting next year is a hefty 6 mil. He also doesn't provide anything in the PIM cat and could hurt you in +/- (of course that could change dramatically as the whole team gets better but who the hell knows). So for 6 mil, we have a player who hits 3 of the 5 categories. But will he be a consistent 75-point player or was last year a fluke? He is struggling this year, which is not a huge concern but still a concern nonetheless. One likes to see a steady progression, say like Tavares's and the fact the Eberle is strugging with so much talent around him is concerning. He's not the only one but still you gotta wonder.

So to get to the point, do you guys see him consistently hitting 75 points? Is he as bad defensively as his +/- indicates or would that likely improve as the team gets better?

I think the Eberle owner is getting impatient and I could buy low right now. He's offered me Eberle and Fasth(I have Hiller but also Nabokov as my 2nd goalie and we start 2 goalies) for P.Kane and Muzzin but the downgrade from Kane to Eberle is too much, especially this year since I'm currently in 2nd place and have a very good chance of winning. I'm thinking of countering with Oshie and Muzzin for Eberle. The Eberle owner has repeatedly tried to get Oshie from me this year. Too low?
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Ace

Eberle career:

G: 18 two years ago, 34 last year (great progress)....6 so far in 27 games

A: 25 two years ago, 42 last year (great progress)....12 so far in 27 games

+/- of -12, +4 and -9 so far this year. EDM will not become a great +/- team most likely until 2014, next year their D and G are still in flux as far as I can see unless they trade for Luongo and shuffle their D big time...

PIM: Like you said, he does not have any real PIM value, only 10 PIM last year in 78 games challenges Moulson for the Lady Byng..

SHPTS: 11 (4 PPG and 7 PPA) two years ago, 20 (10 and 10) last year and 8 (3 and 5) so far this year...gets plenty of PP time with great teammates. Just not finishing as well No SH pts the last two years

Last year Eberle had a 1028 PDO and his team socred 12.84% of the time he was on the ice which Dobber states is unsustainable - I agree and we've seen its impact this year as expected. He and RNH also got the highest off zone starts % on EDM and I do not think Eberle is being as protected this year (this could be a reason why RNH is struggling too compared to last season).

Dobber predicted 46 pts, 20 G and 26 A...not going to make that unless he goes hog wild. This is a nice buy low opportunity as I think its a strike season dip combined with some adjustment to the mean and his team still emerging...

I'd do Oshie + Muzzin for him, absolutely worth it...selling high on Muzzin and Oshie will not hit his ceiling in STL IMO...he may consider it too low, but I'd still start there and hope he walks into his Oshie love
    Champion: 2010, 2014, 2015, 2016
    12 Team Keeper League - 12F, 6D, 3G, 3 Bench (Keep 6, in Bold)
    $250 Cap (0-9 +3; 10-19 +4; >20 +5 each season)
    WW = $10

G, A, +/-, PPG, PPA, GWG, SHG, W, GAA, SV%, SO - Points Based League

F: Guentzel (15), Point (11), Barzal (18), WNylander (15), Trochek (1), Eberle (1), Domi (4), Toffoli (1), TBertuzzi (1), Buchnevich (1), Tuch (1), Puljujarvi (1)

D: Theodore (17), Heiskanen (15), Pulock (7), Sanheim (1), Faulk (1), Morrissey (1)

G: Markstrom (7), Saros (15), Binnington (39), Jarry (40)

B: DeSmith (1), Lindblom (1)

IR or Out: Ghost (1), OEL (9), Teravainen (28), PMyers (1)

Dobber Sports Wizard

Offer of Oshie and Muzzin rejected.

I'm gonna think about other options here. If I wasn't in the run this year, I'd seriously consider offering Datsyuk but I'm afraid the difference in production between him and Eberle for the rest of the year could cause me the title. Not even sure the Eberle owner would accept anyway.

Dobber Sports All-Star

If you're in 2nd, I wouldn't mess around. Go after Eberle in the offseason.
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by gainerama View Post
    If you're in 2nd, I wouldn't mess around. Go after Eberle in the offseason.
    Yep, that's an option but it carries the risk of Eberle picking up his game and his owner upping the price.