Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Start Bryz @ NJD tonight?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Just saw the first goal scored and he made a good effort on the save. Flyers just suck at defense.

Second goal deflected off of Read's ass and in. Hard to blame Bryzgalov. That .750% tonight really hurts right now though.

Dobber Sports Wizard

bad bounces happen all the time though

goalies that are fundamentally sound positionally make many saves they have no right making by virtue of being in the right position when the puck comes at the net

this guy never seems to be there though

you cant blame the defense for that

Dobber Sports Ninja

Kovalchuk SHG

How about if I just say that the Flyers as a collective whole including Bryzgalov just absolutely blow.

Dobber Sports Wizard

wow 4 goals on 13 shots so far

Dobber Sports Wizard

Oh well, look on the bright side - at least he doesn't suck as much as Kipper.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    Seems to be trying his best to convince me otherwise!
    16 Team H2H League (Keep 6)
    3C - 3LW - 3RW - 6D - 2G

2013 1st place, 2014 1st place, 2015 1st place
    G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, HIT, BLK GS, W, GAA, SV%, SO
    C= Stall, Marchessault, Hayes, Suzuki
    LW= Svechnikov, Goodrow, DeBrusk,
    RW= P.Kane, Kucherov, Fiala, Johnson
    D= Rielly, Borowieki, Fowler, Hagg, Murphy
    G= Demko, Samsonov, Jarry, Allen, Shesterkin, Talbot

Dobber Sports Stud

I'm officially dropping him after tonight
    8 Team Yahoo Weekly H2H (1yr)
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 1Util, 2G, 4BN, 3IR
    G, A, +/-, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, GWG, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, L, GA, GAA, SV, SA, SV%, SHO

C: Tavares, Eric Staal, Getzlaf, Ribeiro
    LW: Lupul (LW,RW), Hartnell, Elias (C,LW), Cammalleri (C,LW), Ott (C,LW)
    RW: Malkin (C,RW), Backes (C,RW), Seguin (C,RW), Callahan
    D: Pietrangelo, Ekman-Larsson, Subban, Bouwmeester, Streit, Burns (D,RW), Wisniewski
    G: Rask, Backstrom, Bobrovsky
    IR: Spezza (C), Oshie (C,RW)

Dobber Sports Stud

I'm picking up Bob on waivers, but do you guys thing Bryz gets his act in order by the end of the season and worth keeping around? Cause he certainly hasn't helped my with my goalie stats so far this season.
    16 Team H2H League (Keep 6)
    3C - 3LW - 3RW - 6D - 2G

2013 1st place, 2014 1st place, 2015 1st place
    G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, HIT, BLK GS, W, GAA, SV%, SO
    C= Stall, Marchessault, Hayes, Suzuki
    LW= Svechnikov, Goodrow, DeBrusk,
    RW= P.Kane, Kucherov, Fiala, Johnson
    D= Rielly, Borowieki, Fowler, Hagg, Murphy
    G= Demko, Samsonov, Jarry, Allen, Shesterkin, Talbot

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by khiyasu View Post
    I'm officially dropping him after tonight
    8 team league and you still have him

wow in an 8 team league i would have dumped his ass a long time ago

Dobber Sports Ninja

I'm kind of curious if anybody would pick up Bryz if I were to drop him in my 12-team league where the best option available right now is Justin Peters. lol

Dobber Sports Veteran

I'm looking for a Friday spot start. Think Leighton gets the start for the rematch?
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    Hey Kipper is seeming to take offense to that right now... haha.
    12 Team Keeper Yahoo! Points League

Keep 8 (max 1 goalie)

3C 3LW 3RW 6D 2G
    Bench: 6 + 2 IR

G(3), A(2), +/- (1), PIM (0.5), PPP (1), SHP (2), SOG (0.5), FOW (0.05), HIT (0.25), BLK (0.25)

W (5.5), L (-2.5), GA (-1), SA (0.2), SHO (5)

Weekly Roster

C: Giroux/Ott/Stastny
    LW: Steen/Hartnell/Prust
    RW: Lupul/Callahan/Simmonds
    D: Karlsson/Letang/Burns/Green/Bieksa/Beauchemin/Goligoski
    G: Quick/Ward/Bishop/Khudobin
    Bench: Martin/Hornqvist/Ray Whitney/Backlund

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Not sure what reason there is for not starting him period unless it's against the Pens.
    Blayze...Are you watching the same Bryz and flyers for that matter as I am? Tonight is a clear cut reason not to start Bryz even if its not vs Pens.

After todays interview and play that follows, Bryzgalov has lost his confidence. Hes a spot start at best until the team...including Bryz demonstrated they are prepared to completely.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Blayze...Are you watching the same Bryz and flyers for that matter as I am? Tonight is a clear cut reason not to start Bryz even if its not vs Pens.

After todays interview and play that follows, Bryzgalov has lost his confidence. Hes a spot start at best until the team...including Bryz demonstrated they are prepared to completely.
    My thought process is pretty simple.

If you're going to blow a high-round draft pick on a goalie like Bryzgalov... you must think he's going to do well. You then have two options... you can play him like the starter you drafted him as and hope he catches fire and your strategy pans out, or you can NOT play him and pretty much throw away your goalie cats for the year by picking up half-assed, rag-tag, band-aid solution goalies who won't get you very far anyway.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    My thought process is pretty simple.

If you're going to blow a high-round draft pick on a goalie like Bryzgalov... you must think he's going to do well. You then have two options... you can play him like the starter you drafted him as and hope he catches fire and your strategy pans out, or you can NOT play him and pretty much throw away your goalie cats for the year by picking up half-assed, rag-tag, band-aid solution goalies who won't get you very far anyway.
    I get that man. And I guess that may be true if your in a 1 year pool (which is believe is the case for you if memory serves) and are not able to accumulate the assets needed to build on your goalie depth. If it's am reading Blayze correctly, he may not be endorsing Bryz (as he/you once did) rather refognizing the fact that if hes your only option...Dont give up on G stats by sitting your #1 guy.

For my keeper league team Coming into this season my goalies whereBryz/Halak (kept)... Backstrom and Vokoun Drafted for depth. Changes made throughout the year now have me with Rinne/Anderson/Bryz/Bernier/Vokoun. Clearly much stronger in net than before. And because I can only start 2 with max games played...Rinne is my everyday with spot starts for Bryz/Bernier/Vokoun...until Anderson returns or A competant Bryz returns.

So i guess the qualification to your statement "I can't think of a reason not to play him.." is more the case for 1year leagues where your options may be limited..or for keeper GM's who have failed to see need to act and spending some depth to retool their tender plan.

Warning for those keeper GM's...if you haven't already...consider Bryz'sapparent lack of confidence and current average play your Check Warning light on the dash (and not the one that means nothing). Act sooner than later...cause you Dont want to be stuck with him as your main option next year when is trade value plummets by the end of this year. (remember that guy called Ovie?).

Time to make a move IMO. But as Blayze suggests...For those unfortunates in 1 year leagues...act according next year. Atleast you have the opportunity to ctrl/alternatif/del each year.