Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I could have kept Crawford. Instead I kept Quick.

Dobber Sports All-Star

My guess for Vezina finalist this season:

Crawford
    Rask
    Anderson (if he comes back)
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by gainerama View Post
    My guess for Vezina finalist this season:

Crawford
    Rask
    Anderson (if he comes back)
    Crawford? Not a chance. Not even sure if he's the best goaltender on his own team. Crawford has played 13 games to Emery's 10. Emery is a perfect 9 - 0 to Crawford's 10-0-3.

Numbers are even close. The two are putting up rediculous seasons...but are doing it together. At nearly a 55/45 split, neither could possibly get enough individual work to be considered for a Vezina.

If Chicago picks one and goes with him...maybe that will change.

I expect the stars to re-allign afte Chicago loses their first regulation game.
    and Neither will be the discussion for Vezina.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Too early to tell anyway, we will have to wait it out to see. You could be right about CHI if the house of cards fall but until they do, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry

Dobber Sports Expert

If CHI can win the cup this year and Crawford can play anything close to how he has been so far, he could end up this year's version of Quick.
    This could be a fun test of the old adage that history tends to repeat itself. If Chicago wins the Cup this year and Crawford's numbers drop slightly from their presently surreal level, he might end up playing on the west coast next season a la Antti Niemi.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar/Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand
    D: Dobson/Trouba/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Edvinsson/York
    G: Saros/Demko/Askarov

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Crawford? Not a chance. Not even sure if he's the best goaltender on his own team. Crawford has played 13 games to Emery's 10. Emery is a perfect 9 - 0 to Crawford's 10-0-3.

Numbers are even close. The two are putting up rediculous seasons...but are doing it together. At nearly a 55/45 split, neither could possibly get enough individual work to be considered for a Vezina.

If Chicago picks one and goes with him...maybe that will change.

I expect the stars to re-allign afte Chicago loses their first regulation game.
    and Neither will be the discussion for Vezina.
    I don't see it with Crawford either, sorry. I suppose if he keeps it up to the end of the season, but assuming everyone's numbers are consistent, I think Price gets the nod over Crawford, along with Rask and Anderson.

Still, a lot of hockey left. Right now, though, I can't see Crawford getting much more consideration than Emery.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Wink

"Just remember that a back up goalie named Brian Elliot won the Vezina recently. Too early to tell anyway, we will have to wait it out to see. You could be right about CHI if the house of cards fall but until they do, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt."

Gainer...I just got this update emailed to me (above) from you. I can only assume you edited it? Regarding the back up goal tender winning the Vezina? No one by the name of Elliot has ever won the Vezina in history...let alone the recently.

Was that an Oopsie?

Dobber Sports Ninja

If you guys are discussing Vezina finalists I wouldn't discount Antti Niemi given the way he's been playing this year. Even during SJ playing like junk his SV% is still at .934 and 1.8 GAA or something. Lehtonen too with an 8-3-3 record or something and .930% playing on a much worse team in Dallas than a guy like Rask.

As mentioned though, still more than half a season to go and a lot of hockey to be played.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    If you guys are discussing Vezina finalists I wouldn't discount Antti Niemi given the way he's been playing this year. Even during SJ playing like junk his SV% is still at .934 and 1.8 GAA or something. Lehtonen too with an 8-3-3 record or something and .930% playing on a much worse team in Dallas than a guy like Rask.

As mentioned though, still more than half a season to go and a lot of hockey to be played.
    Don't disagree with you Bondon.

Infact...I'll go as far as to say that Niemi has a greater shot (as an X-Blackhawk) of being named a Vezina finalist over each of the current BlackHawk's.

And definitely over Brian Elliot (lol...sorry)

The only way a Chicago tender gets considered to be a serious vezina finalist would be if Chicago hand the job to 1 of them RIGHT NOW for the rest of the season and they successfully run with it.

But as a team...who cares about the Vezina...this tandum is working for the team as a whole...don't fix what's not broke right!?

Dobber Sports Demi-God

per OP:

At start of this season: Quick > Crawford.
    Case closed.
    Yes - there are instances where somebody may have kept Quick... but if you actually told somebody that their entire estate was on the line and said on January 1st, 2013:
    "Pick one or the other to win 2/3 season categories: GAA, SV%, W?"
    I think we all would have picked Quick.

You simply can't regret a proper decision that didn't go well.
    It's like somebody being upset with themselves for drafting Karlsson - just bad luck.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    "Just remember that a back up goalie named Brian Elliot won the Vezina recently. Too early to tell anyway, we will have to wait it out to see. You could be right about CHI if the house of cards fall but until they do, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt."

Gainer...I just got this update emailed to me (above) from you. I can only assume you edited it? Regarding the back up goal tender winning the Vezina? No one by the name of Elliot has ever won the Vezina in history...let alone the recently.

Was that an Oopsie?
    Yup, I got him mixed up with the Allstar selection again. Granted I don't see back ups in the allstar, but yes Lundy win the Vezina. My bad as I'm getting stuff mixed up now, LOL

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Yup, I got him mixed up with the Allstar selection again. Granted I don't see back ups in the allstar, but yes Lundy win the Vezina. My bad as I'm getting stuff mixed up now, LOL
    LOL...figured as much!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I kept Quick and now Bernier's great play is scaring me! He was suppose to be L.A.'s future goaltender and from what I've seen from him so far he looks pretty legit
    12 Team H2H Points 1 Year League
    Positions: 2C, 2RW, 2 LW, 4 D, 2 Util, 2 G, 4 Bench
    PLAYER: G 6, A 4, (+/-) 2. PPP 2, SOG .9, Blk 1
    GOALIE: W 5, GA -3, SV .6, SO 5

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by BulmaCrank View Post
    I kept Quick and now Bernier's great play is scaring me! He was suppose to be L.A.'s future goaltender and from what I've seen from him so far he looks pretty legit
    And it continues!

GO BERNIER!!!!!

With Brodeur down in NJ...hmmm...

just say'n