Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Halak-now what??

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    So true. 4 of those shots actually came in OT. I don't know if its a case of the team doesn't trust him to make the big save or what because when Elliot is in, they give up about 10 shots more a game. Strange.

I think it's the other way around. Halak is so good most of the time that the team plays a more defensive style around him. It's a mindset I think.
    Head to Head League: 1 point for G, 1 point for A. 2 for Goalie win, 3 for SO.
    Start 6 guys every week. 3 O, 2 D and 1G. No substitutions once they are in (before the first game starts on Monday).
    Protect 3 players every year in keeper.
    10 rounds of drafting
    F: Crosby, Point, P. Kane, JVR, Kopitar, Rakell, Tarasenko,
    D: Letang, Doughty, Karlsson, Grzelcyk, Faulk,
    G: Bob, Shesterkin, Demko, Kahkonen

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I was trying to target Halak in a dynasty league becuase I own Allen, but is this guy worth going after? It seems like durability is a huge concern with him and I'd like to get a guy that I know is going to be the #1 guy. I know Elliott sucks this season so he'll probably get the lions share of the work, but is Halak an elite goalie or is he just a beneficiary of a defensive-minded system?
    15-team keeper (keep 10) - G,A,+/-,PPP, Hits, Blocked Shots, W, SV%, Saves

Forwards - Kunin, Trenin, Eichel, Bjorkstrand, Boldy, Pastrnak, Boeser, Caufield, Laine, Crosby, Newhook, Konecny, Farabee, Rossi (NA)
    Defenseman - Brodin, Hamilton, Zadorov, Severson, Forsling, Braun, Roy
    Goalies - Sorokin, Hill, Varlamov, Daws

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by cizastro View Post
    is Halak an elite goalie or is he just a beneficiary of a defensive-minded system?
    if he stays put it really doesnt matter

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Agreed, but he's eligible to become a UFA after next season. If this guy were to go to a team that didn't play in such a defensive-oriented scheme, would he still put up great stats?

I guess I'm trying to figure out if he's the real deal regardless of what team he's on.
    15-team keeper (keep 10) - G,A,+/-,PPP, Hits, Blocked Shots, W, SV%, Saves

Forwards - Kunin, Trenin, Eichel, Bjorkstrand, Boldy, Pastrnak, Boeser, Caufield, Laine, Crosby, Newhook, Konecny, Farabee, Rossi (NA)
    Defenseman - Brodin, Hamilton, Zadorov, Severson, Forsling, Braun, Roy
    Goalies - Sorokin, Hill, Varlamov, Daws

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by cizastro View Post
    Agreed, but he's eligible to become a UFA after next season. If this guy were to go to a team that didn't play in such a defensive-oriented scheme, would he still put up great stats?

I guess I'm trying to figure out if he's the real deal regardless of what team he's on.
    its a bit early to wonder about after next season imo

i wonder if the struggles of bryz and lindback dont cause more than a few gms to question going hard after goalies from defensive systems (of course you would think that they would have used scouts to figure this shit out) so he may not end up leaving unless st louis is ready for him to move on