Thread: Time to cut bait?

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Time to cut bait?

I've been waiting on Mike Green for the past 2 years to do something and he keeps putting up nothing for me, do I try and move him or keep him? I'm really struggling with this and my defence Green, Pietrangelo, Karlsson, Faulk, Goligoski, Ekman-Larsson is the best part of my team but I can only keep 3..
    Straight Points keeper league. Keep 5 Forwards,3 defence,1 goalie.

F: Nicklas Backstrom, Joe Thornton, Henrik Zetterberg, Zach Parise, Logan Couture

D: Erik Karlsson, Alex Pietrangelo, Oliver Ekman-Larsson

G: Sergei Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Padawan

Depends on what you can move him for. I'm still waiting on him in my one-year.
    12 Team Yahoo H2H Keeper (3 players/3 year max)
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, HIT, BLK, W, GAA, SV%, SHO

Banned

gotta give green more of a chance to show something this year, unless you can find someone to pay for his past reputation alone. now is not the time to sell him.

that said, i don't see him as one of your defence keepers anyways. Pietrangelo, Karlsson, Ekman-Larsson are all better keepers than Green.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by InnocentBystander View Post
    gotta give green more of a chance to show something this year, unless you can find someone to pay for his past reputation alone. now is not the time to sell him.

that said, i don't see him as one of your defence keepers anyways. Pietrangelo, Karlsson, Ekman-Larsson are all better keepers than Green.
    agree with IB here, if you are going to give up on him wait till his value jumps a little after a few good games and some points. Also agree that as of right now he isnt a keeper for you anymore.

Dobber Sports Genius

You've got 3 great keepers in Pieterangelo, Karlsson and OEL. I'd shop Green, and hope that you can get something for him. I don't see him recapturing his past success. He just doesn't look like the same player anymore.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by InnocentBystander View Post

selling low is not a good option so you better hope he improves his trade value or maybe shop him with another non-keeper.2 for 1.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Stud

Hang onto him, I'd only move him if you know you are getting good value for him, and I don't mean good value for what he's been producing recently.

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeFilly View Post
    You've got 3 great keepers in Pieterangelo, Karlsson and OEL. I'd shop Green, and hope that you can get something for him. I don't see him recapturing his past success. He just doesn't look like the same player anymore.
    That's my take. Only thing I would add is wait 'till he has a couple back-to-back games where he gets some points, name in the news, that kinda thing.

But ya, I'd shop him. Hell, there a GM in a former league - he's still asking for a first rounder.
    @SmittysRant