Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Can v Slo

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Great post - spot on.

Preaching player safety and education (including PSAs) across all skill levels, while condoning such on ice behavior seems at best counterintuitive, if not blatantly hypocritical.
    Agreed - with both of the previous posts.

To add one thing, the rough play with limited equipment is one thing. But the rough play (late hits, head shots, etc) with the gigantic equipment (elbow "pads") they have today is a totally different thing.
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    UHL Dynasty St. Louis Blues
    ...playoffs, how the eff did I make the playoffs?

UDL Western Kings
    ...oh boy... this build is gonna be a while...

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Great post - spot on.

Preaching player safety and education (including PSAs) across all skill levels, while condoning such on ice behavior seems at best counterintuitive, if not blatantly hypocritical.
    I agree. However, there is no need to condone ugly hits while also agreeing that they are not going to be eliminated from Team Canada Jr hockey.

Too many emotions for such a young group of players to play without crossing the line at times. It happens from other teams as well, but just not as often because they don't play that way as often.

I try not to moan and complain about the European teams with their hacking and slashing and peeing while sitting down because that's not going to change either - it's just a part of their hockey culture.

What makes me sad is watching Team Canada start diving like they did this morning against Slovakia because it's encouraged in the international system. I wish Canada would stay away from that, but again, they see Slovakia doing it and drawing calls and figure they should do the same. And even worse, it works. I HATE it.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I agree. However, there is no need to condone ugly hits while also agreeing that they are not going to be eliminated from Team Canada Jr hockey.

Too many emotions for such a young group of players to play without crossing the line at times. It happens from other teams as well, but just not as often because they don't play that way as often.

I try not to moan and complain about the European teams with their hacking and slashing and peeing while sitting down because that's not going to change either - it's just a part of their hockey culture.

What makes me sad is watching Team Canada start diving like they did this morning against Slovakia because it's encouraged in the international system. I wish Canada would stay away from that, but again, they see Slovakia doing it and drawing calls and figure they should do the same. And even worse, it works. I HATE it.
    Good points. Nothing wrong with playing on the edge. Crossing the line will happen, just be ready to handle the consequences when that does happen.
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    UHL Dynasty St. Louis Blues
    ...playoffs, how the eff did I make the playoffs?

UDL Western Kings
    ...oh boy... this build is gonna be a while...