Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Huberdeau. Slow Start?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Huberdeau, MacKinnon, and Drouin were dominant. Wow.

Banned

Why are people paying attention to performances in glorified all star games?

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Why are people paying attention to performances in glorified all star games?
    You are actually wrong here. The Subway series is a gateway for young player to show they can perform against/with the best of their age group. It's their interview before the WJC Camp. I was there on Monday, and let me tell you that MacKinnon was utterly pissed by his performance in the two first period. He knew that he was being watched by Hockey Canada's brass.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by yougo View Post
    You are actually wrong here. The Subway series is a gateway for young player to show they can perform against/with the best of their age group. It's their interview before the WJC Camp. I was there on Monday, and let me tell you that MacKinnon was utterly pissed by his performance in the two first period. He knew that he was being watched by Hockey Canada's brass.
    The Subway series is a cash grab and not much more. Mackinnon was pissed with his performance, ok, but it has little to no influence at all on how Hockey Canada will view him for the WJC. None. It's still a glorified all-star game with little to no defence. Went to the OHL one last year, 10-8 final score or something like that. Yeah, that doesn't really show HC who is going to do well at the WJC.

A guy could shit the bed in his Subway Series games and it wouldn't matter if they actually were doing well already in their regular season. 1-2 exhibition games doesn't reveal much.

Dobber Sports Expert

MacKinnon was tried out at wing because he will have to play there to make the WJC. Hockey Canada was trying to see if he could adapt quickly.

I agree that it's a cash grab, but for most players there they do not see it as a glorified all-star game. I do not think for one second that Charles Hudon (5th round 2012 pick by Habs) or Xavier Ouellet (2nd round pick by Detroit in 2011), did not gave their all because they knew this was one of the best opportunity for them to shine in front of Hockey Canada.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by yougo View Post

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
    These games are instrumental in Hockey Canada evaluation of which players get invited to national junior team final selection camp.

McKenzie seems to have been led to believe that these games hold a lot of sway as well. Canada-Russia is always a big series, particularly this year with the lockout - the WJC is going to be a big deal and these games are being watched very closely.

Dobber Sports Novice

Default don't panic!!

I saw Huberdeau play this week, he's dominant.

Sometimes points are not revealing, I saw a play where he dominate two players back side of the net and put the puck to a teammate alone in front = no shots on goal ...

The Seadogs will put Huberdeau on the market , I guest Halifax to appropriate the best player in the Q.

In my opinion, Huberdeau is a future stud, for me a Rick Nash style will be nice. (or a mixt of Lecavalier and Iginla...)

Dobber Sports Ace

I just want Hubs to play Centre. Hopefully thats where Florida's brass see him as well.

Dobber Sports Sage

How about enough games at LW to give him dual eligibility?
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky71 View Post
    I just want Hubs to play Centre. Hopefully thats where Florida's brass see him as well.
    I'd rather see him playing wing for Bjugstad.

Seems to be heating up. Already 10th in scoring in Q. 22 points in 11 games in the month of November.
    UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

24 Team Fantrax Salary Cap H2H Dynasty League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    , Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    23 Man Roster - 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 1G, 4BN, 4IR
    27 Man Minor Team

C-
    Tavares, Stepan, Granlund, Bjugstad, Couturier
    LW- Ryan, Perron, Ennis, Killorn, Spaling
    RW-
    Wheeler, Simmonds, Coyle, Wingels, Shaw