Thread: which fantasy site has better chances of winning money leagues?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default which fantasy site has better chances of winning money leagues?

i posted in the other forum but its liek deserted over there so i figured id move it over here

at which of these sites do u think i would have a better chance of winning money if i played fantasy for a day:

fanduel.com (salary cap limit) or fandaygames.com (no salary cap limit)

my buddy is tellign me to play fanduel but i feel like their salary cap limit sux i havent played at either site so idk... help anyone?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Neither site is easier than the other. You need to know what you're doing to win on those sites. If you are picking one because you think it'll be "easier", then you are taking the wrong approach and you definitely won't win.

I've had a lot of success on fanduel, though, and to answer your question, the salary cap makes it "easier" in my opinion. You can get cheap players with good matchups who outproduce the well-known, more expensive players.

For example, one player I am using on a couple teams is Andre Roberts. Is it a risk? Yes. But the Cardinals are playing Buffalo, who have allowed 10 TDs through the air this year. Roberts is Kolb's go-to guy when Fitzgerald is covered, and statistically he also is one of the most effective redzone players so far this season. So, he's a great threat to score a TD this week. The top two RBs are injured so you know they will throw the ball against a weak secondary. Roberts should have a big week.

So, I'll spend $5200 on him and use my extra money elsewhere, while other guys will spend $8500 on Calvin Johnson and if the Eagles shut him down then they are pretty much screwed.

But, on the flip side, if Roberts does absolutely nothing, then I am screwed by having a player put up no points for me. But it's a risk I'm willing to take, and when you take into account player trends and player prices, it's a the smartest approach.

If you do good research it's easy to win money. If you don't, it's easy to lose money to the people who do.
    Last edited by AldoWeldon; October 14, 2012 at 12:25 AM.

Dobber Sports Novice

I just posted this reply in ur other post

You've goit a better chance of winning money of fandaygames.com becuaes theres no sslary cap limit u can pick any players u want i paid $5 yesterday and i won $20 thats a sweet deal

Dobber Sports Sophomore

so im playing a $5 for $20 league on fandaygames.com ill let u guys know how it goes... i liek my chances because like fathead said theres no salary cap that limited my picks i was able to pick any players i wanted