Thread: How am I doing?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default How am I doing?

Hey all,

About 1/3 done my 2nd keeper league. We have to draft 24 players including 4 rookies. You can check out the picks here...

Points are goals (1), assists (1), PIM (0.2), +/- (0.5), wins (2), shutouts (2), OTL (1) SOL (1).

We start off with 8 forwards, 4 defenders, and 2 goaltenders and grow to 12, F, 6 D and 2G in 3 years. Each year we get a waiver and 3 picks. You keep your entire roster.

Which team do you like the best, mine is Slopitch. What should I get next? D, Prospects? Id like to add a goalie but no one is good left except maybe Reimer. Dont roast me to bad! lol
    LTHL - 11 team keeper points only league
    36 man roster and unlimited farm
    1PPG, 1PPA, 1.5PPW, 2 PPSO, 0.5 PPOTL

11F - Crosby, Malkin, Taveres, Benn, St Louis, Iginla, Selanne, Filpula, Vrbata, Marchand, Read
    6D - Chara, Edler, MDZ, Timonen, Faulk, Gilbert
    G - Lundquist, Rinne, Halak

Bench F - Atkinson, Silvferberg, Bozak, Bjugstad, Dalpe, Gerbe, Schroeder
    Bench D - White

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I like the 4th/5th/6th teams best (Nathan, Logan Losers, Shorty).

Not sure I agree with taking guys like RNH & Jamie Benn over Tuukka Rask (say).
    Also, drafting Lucic/Subban at your 3rd/4th rounders also seems like a big stretch.
    I realize PIM is factored in (at 20pts per 100 PIM), but I'm not sure I would've grabbed those guys over, say, Rick Nash, Bryz, Schneider, Parise.

Overall, I'd say your team is bottom 3 sorry.
    Not really fond of your draft, though I do like your two goalies (Lu & Miller). Each of those guys still has 5+ years of top tier goaltending.

Recommendations:
    In a "daily" league, I'd definitely be going after a 3rd goalie soon.
    If it's a "weekly" or BEST END-OF-YEAR points league, then you may just look to grab the best young forward available.

With a fairly poor draft so far, I think you have to continue to build young... for future years. Also, if the last place team is assured of getting next year's #1 pick - you may have to consider tanking the season so that you get the kid MacKinnon to help your team for future years.

Good luck.

Dobber Sports Expert

Not sure about your Landeskog,Lucic,Subban pick. Subban I could be ok with it because he has 45+ point upside with good PIM's but Lucic & Landeskog have a limited offensive upside IMO.

I am Benn fan, but I'm not sure I would have drafted him ahead of Perry,Seguin,Kopitar,Sedin.
    I think you got a steal with Miller & Luongo thought.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Well shit! lol I thought Lucic with 130 pims (an extra 25 pts) is better then most and should improve slightly playing with Seguin.

I think Landeskog will get better myself. Should be a 75pt/60pim guy. He was dominant as a rookie.

I took Fowler and Coutourier with my last 2 picks. Will build for 2013-14 possibly... I think all I really need to do is find a topend forward.

11F - Crosby, Malkin, Taveres, Benn, St Louis, Iginla, Selanne, Filpula, Vrbata, Marchand, Read

Bench D - White

Dobber Sports Ace

I'll go a little bit in the other direction...I like your later picks, Streit, Couturier, Voracek, Enstrom and do like your G in Miller & Luongo.

Where in the order did you draft? Depending on that, Lucic might be a reach and Subban a little high especially with his potential +/-. I'm a big Benn fan, but 2nd rd is a bit high when Spezza, EStaal and DSedin are still there
    Champion: 2010, 2014, 2015, 2016
    12 Team Keeper League - 12F, 6D, 3G, 3 Bench (Keep 6, in Bold)
    $250 Cap (0-9 +3; 10-19 +4; >20 +5 each season)
    WW = $10

G, A, +/-, PPG, PPA, GWG, SHG, W, GAA, SV%, SO - Points Based League

F: Guentzel (15), Point (11), Barzal (18), WNylander (15), Trochek (1), Eberle (1), Domi (4), Toffoli (1), TBertuzzi (1), Buchnevich (1), Tuch (1), Puljujarvi (1)

D: Theodore (17), Heiskanen (15), Pulock (7), Sanheim (1), Faulk (1), Morrissey (1)

G: Markstrom (7), Saros (15), Binnington (39), Jarry (40)

B: DeSmith (1), Lindblom (1)

IR or Out: Ghost (1), OEL (9), Teravainen (28), PMyers (1)

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I had 12th pick. Standard snake draft. I made it my MO to take guys under 25 early. Sounds like consensus is Benn, Subban and Lucic were a bit early. Time to make up some ground!

Bench D - White

Dobber Sports Expert

There is still a couple of young stud that you still have the possibility to draft. I see that Ryan Murphy, Kuznetsov,Nyquist,Zibanejad are still available.. I'll try to the most possible out of them.. then go with Older players who will produce
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by yougo View Post
    There is still a couple of young stud that you still have the possibility to draft. I see that Ryan Murphy, Kuznetsov,Nyquist,Zibanejad are still available.. I'll try to the most possible out of them.. then go with Older players who will produce
    Thanks for the feedback all! Its an Edmonton based draft (hence all the homerism)

I was hoping to snag Kuznetsov late but someone took my idea. Just got Nyquist and Silferberg. 12x 24 picks is gonna be toaster leavin's by the end of this! lol

Bench D - White