Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Blue Jays - relax

Dobber Sports Ninja

Ha...Vizquel. Points out the obvious and creates a media firestorm. Wasn't he supposed to be brought in for character lol

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    Ha...Vizquel. Points out the obvious and creates a media firestorm. Wasn't he supposed to be brought in for character lol
    Clearly he's no leader himself.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Alex Anthopoulos being interviewed on Sportsnet right now.

"It starts with the rotation, we need to improve our rotation so that it can compete in the best division in all of baseball." "That's our priority."

"The years when you struggle, you learn the most. I've learned a lot this year, I think we need more depth and we need to make a push to compete. Guys are going to get hurt, we can fill some spots and have some of the young guys waiting in the wings as well."

"Ideally, Anthony Gose will not be starting in left field next year. We like his progress, but we need an established player at that position."

"Travis D'Arnaud might open in the minors, but our concern is that he's healthy and ready to go for next season. He may be able to come into the lineup at designated hitter if all goes well."

"I expect our payroll to go up and we have our sights set on some of the top free agents out there. We can be more aggressive than usual and we will try and attract as many top free agents as possible."

"The Blue Jays can turn things around as quickly as the Baltimore Orioles, I really believe they can if we can add a few pieces. Its on me and its on the front office to do the work and make the 25-man roster better."

"I'm really looking forward to the off-season, I don't want to watch a team play this way. I want this team to win and I will do whatever I can to put a winning product on the field."

"Jose Bautista is doing well and he's well on track to return next year. We shut him down for precautionary reasons and because we don't have anything to play for right now."

Sounds like its going to be an exciting off-season.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Farrell mentioning to the press today that the closing role is basically Janssen's job to lose. What I wanted to hear. I just hope that Janssen can be just as good next year as he has been this year....I don't doubt that he's got the stuff to do it but a lot of the time I find relievers fluctuate a bit...especially closers.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Janssen just needs to keep those hitters guessing, he was very affective this season and I hope he locks down that closers job next year..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..