Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Green for Doughty?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Green for Doughty?

G A +/- SOG PIM PPP

I have been offered Drew Doughty for my Mike Green.

I think Green's ceiling is higher than Doughty's, but considering the last two years, am I crazy to turn this offer down?
    10 team roto, Keep 17 + 50 farmers (Farm GP limits 246 F, 328 D and 200 G). Dress 9F 5D 1Ut 2G (G, A, D-pts, +/-, PPP, PIM, SOG, Hits, Blks, W, SV%, GAA)

F- Tavares Bergeron Simmonds Kucherov Radulov Skinner JVR Brown R. Smith Perron Kesler
    D- Doughty Josi Giordano Suter Muzzin Boroweicki
    G- Dubnyk Murray Smith
    Farm highlights: Abramov, Chlapik, Cirelli, Kunin, Mantha, McCarron, Perlini, Johnsson, Zykov, Ritchie, Honka, Kylington, Sorokin, C. Point, Dansk

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Depends to some degree on what you believe about Green - frankly I would do the deal - Doughty is young, established and undervalued due to a so-so year as a result of his holdout. Peace of mind comes with this trade as far as I am concerned.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

My vote is take that deal ASAP!!!

Dobber Sports Ninja

I would take that and run.

Not only is Green made of glass, but the fact that he's signed a fat new contract means he has little incentive to perform.

Doughty had an amazing playoff run and seems to be flourishing under Sutter. I would bet this will be the season he returns to 50+ point territory.

Dobber Sports Ninja

DD for me as well.

Dobber Sports Genius

I'd do that anyday, and that's beside the Green is a band-aid boy status now. I just think Green has declined due to his injuries and doesn't play like his younger self.
    Sites: www.twitter.com/tsgraveline tsgraveline.blogspot.com thesharkremarks.blogspot.com

Team 1:10 Multi-Cat Roto league

C- Malkin,Giroux,Thornton Galchenyuk, Schenn, Berglund, Eller
    LW- Hall,Ovechkin, E.Kane Saad
    RW- Seguin, Stewart, PAP
    D- Subban,Phaneuf Keith, OEL, Hedman,
    G- Pavelec,Hiller Lindback, Theodore, Lehner

Team 2:24 H2H League Multi-Cat

C- Weiss, Galchenyuk, Desharnais, Vitale
    LW- Parise, Bailey, Torres, King, Bissonnette
    RW- Ovechkin, Clowe, Asham, Gagner
    D- Boyle, Klesla, Souray, Hjalmarsson, Niskanen, Hickey, Lovejoy, Potter
    G-Holtby, Halak

Done and done, thanks gents! Rep all around...
    10 team roto, Keep 17 + 50 farmers (Farm GP limits 246 F, 328 D and 200 G). Dress 9F 5D 1Ut 2G (G, A, D-pts, +/-, PPP, PIM, SOG, Hits, Blks, W, SV%, GAA)

F- Tavares Bergeron Simmonds Kucherov Radulov Skinner JVR Brown R. Smith Perron Kesler
    G- Dubnyk Murray Smith
    Farm highlights: Abramov, Chlapik, Cirelli, Kunin, Mantha, McCarron, Perlini, Johnsson, Zykov, Ritchie, Honka, Kylington, Sorokin, C. Point, Dansk

Dobber Sports Master

There is value in playing devils advocate so......

I'm a little bit of a high risk high reward kind of guy, so I'd be looking at getting more than Doughty for Green. Adam Oates coaching the team creates the opportunity for the offensive powers to be let loose a lot more than they have been over the last 3 years. I am predicting a elite levels of fantasy production from AO, Backstrom and Green this year.

If Green plays well this year, you could reasonably expect 60-65 points. If Doughty plays well, I dont think you can expect anymore than 55 points, more likely it'll be closer to 50 even. You dont usually win hockey pools by taking the safer option all the time. You have to take a few risks to win it all and I think that Green has a good risk to reward ratio.

Regarding a new contract... not everyone is motivated primarily by money. A lot of these guys want to be the best because of a naturally high drive to succeed. Its what got them to the NHL in the first place. While, his new contract is not exactly irrelevant, I don't think its the kiss of death. I'd say there are many motivational influences for Green I'd argue that a chance to win the Stanley Cup is a pretty good motivator.

cheers,

AW

Dobber Sports Genius

DD for me too , and it wasn't close.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Call of Doughty View Post
    DD for me too , and it wasn't close.
    shocking...

Dobber Sports Veteran

Dude take it and run fast!!!

Green sucks. Doughty rules.
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Doughty is the safer bet, Green has higher ceiling but odds are slim to none he will get back to his 30+ goal season, its not 100% outta the question but certainly damn near. so go Doughty!

12 team keeper

dress 12F 6D 2G, bench 6F 3D 2G

keep 8 F, 4D, 1G, draft every year for the rest.

Forwards: 2pts/Goal 1pt/Assist 4pts/hattrick
    Defense: 3pts/Goal 1.5pts/Assist 6 pts/hattrick
    Both: 0.05 pts/Hit 0.05/Blocked shot

Goalie: 2pts/win 1pt/tie 5pts/Shutout 0.02pts/save

Dressed
    F - STAMKOS, OVECHKIN, KUCHEROV, PAVELSKI, BACKSTROM, DROUIN, PANARIN, WHEELER, Landeskog, Cammalieri, Marleau, Ward

D - HEDMAN, EKMAN-LARSSON, BARRIE, PARAYKO, Markov, Savard

G - HOLTBY, Anderson

Bench
    F - Burakovsky, Killorn, Hertl, Read, Rantanen, Sutter
    D - Trouba, Niskanen, Zidlicky
    G - Halak, Hammond

Dobber Sports Pro

Green's favourite song is 'Teach Me How To Doughty'.

Good deal for you. The potential upside for Green is cancelled out due to injury risk, and I prefer the safer bet in Doughty. Doughty may have a bit of a cup hangover to start that season, but don't let that fool you. Washington made some moves in the offseason, but their division also seems to have improved. Will be interesting to see how it plays out, but I believe you made the corect decision in going with Doughty.

" You said you don't give a f*ck about hockey. I've never heard anyone say that before."

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Doughty... no diggity.

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic_Wedgy View Post
    There is value in playing devils advocate so......

I'm a little bit of a high risk high reward kind of guy, so I'd be looking at getting more than Doughty for Green. Adam Oates coaching the team creates the opportunity for the offensive powers to be let loose a lot more than they have been over the last 3 years. I am predicting a elite levels of fantasy production from AO, Backstrom and Green this year.

If Green plays well this year, you could reasonably expect 60-65 points. If Doughty plays well, I dont think you can expect anymore than 55 points, more likely it'll be closer to 50 even. You dont usually win hockey pools by taking the safer option all the time. You have to take a few risks to win it all and I think that Green has a good risk to reward ratio.

Regarding a new contract... not everyone is motivated primarily by money. A lot of these guys want to be the best because of a naturally high drive to succeed. Its what got them to the NHL in the first place. While, his new contract is not exactly irrelevant, I don't think its the kiss of death. I'd say there are many motivational influences for Green I'd argue that a chance to win the Stanley Cup is a pretty good motivator.

cheers,

AW
    Appreciate the dissenting opinion here...I agree that all the pieces are in place for Green to return to his former self. In that sense it was hard to let him go.

But I felt I could/should do the deal because A) I won in a landslide last year so think I can survive a slight downtick in D stats if Green returns to form and B) I have quite a few injury-prone guys on my team already (Spezza, Franzen, Hall, Skinner, Datsyuk, Byfuglien, Goligoski) so I'd like to cut back on my band-aid boy quotient.

G- Dubnyk Murray Smith