QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/R/T, K, DEF, IR, IR, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN

My picks are 1, 24, 25, 48, 49.....

Not sure who to pick first or strategy?

any thoughts?
    Team 1:
    10 Team Keeper, keep 16.
    Cat: +/-, PIMs, G, A, Pts, STG (PPG+SHG), GAA, SPct, W
    Roto, No Max games, weekly lineups - 12F, 6D, 4G - 6 bench

F: Benn, Bennett, Crosby, Hughes, Keller, Kopitar, Lindolm, Perron, Schmalts, Stephenson, Tavares, Thompson
    Bench - Lafreniere, Roslovic, Schenn

D: Chabot, Dahlin, Josi, Hronek, Morrissey, Schenn
    Bench - Sandin

G: F. Copley, Gustavsson, Skinner, Sorokin
    Bench: Merzlikins, Petersen, Andersen (IR)

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Mater View Post
    12 Team H2H

any thoughts?
    Yes, your first pick should be Aaron Rodgers, no question. He had the most points last year and plays in arguably the most explosive offense. The bonus is that he's one of few QBs that can run the balk for TDs, and considering thwt QB is the only player who touches the ball every offensive play, it would be a mistake to "pass" on him...lol..as orry, couldn't resist. You have quite some distance with your next pick, so you'll probabky miss out in the first tier of RB. However, if guys like AP, MJD and Charles are around, you should go for one of them apart from this, you may have to take a stud WR if there are no clear cut stud RBs left.

Guess i'll make this link famous around here as it is the best comprehensive site i've seen online:

http://fftoolbox.com/football/2012/cheatsheets.cfm
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mater View Post
    12 Team H2H

any thoughts?
    Personally I would go with Foster or Rice first overall.. There are some solid QB's that are falling to the later rounds that you could pick up.. When it gets back to pick 24 or 25 you will have to dig through a pile of RUBBLE for a decent RB..

I'd rather have:

Foster, Jennings, Cruz, and Rivers
    OVER
    Rodgers, F.Jackson, Dez Bryant, and McGahee

(just an example of guys who will be around from rounds 1-4)
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Personally I would go with Foster or Rice first overall.. There are some solid QB's that are falling to the later rounds that you could pick up.. When it gets back to pick 24 or 25 you will have to dig through a pile of RUBBLE for a decent RB..

I'd rather have:

Foster, Jennings, Cruz, and Rivers
    OVER
    Rodgers, F.Jackson, Dez Bryant, and McGahee

(just an example of guys who will be around from rounds 1-4)
    I hear ya, Zorro. I'm sure some good backs will slide. Peterson and Charles will surely fall as well as Mendenhall and Matthews. My point is there are less TRULY elite fantasy QBs to choose from than RB. Personally, I don't like the gap between 1 and 24. If you can trade down and close that gap, that would be ideal. Good luck to you Mater.

W:

Gotta side w/ Z on this (if it's not too late). I dig what One87 is sayin', but I have done several mocks a Cam is there at 24. Even if he isn't, it's not aout having the best QB, it's about winning the championship.

To me it's a supply/demand issue, and stud RBs are short in supply and high in demand (at least the healthy, workhorse types). Take Rice at #1. If Cam is there at 24 snatch him up. If not you could play it several ways....

#1Rice, ...if GMs are reaching and QBs are flying off the board in round #2 then take Ryan, Romo at #24 BUT, I betcha Cutler will be there at #48 and I like him this year so I might do the Dance of the Cojones, and go Rice/RB and Wr at 24-5 respectively then grab Cutler at 48 and my TE at 49. Depends on how the board is flowing, but the worst thing you could do is panic.

If I see GMs going left, I go right. No sense in being a follower. All ya get are the leftovers.
    @SmittysRant

Quote Originally Posted by One87 View Post
    I hear ya, Zorro. I'm sure some good backs will slide. Peterson and Charles will surely fall as well as Mendenhall and Matthews. My point is there are less TRULY elite fantasy QBs to choose from than RB. Personally, I don't like the gap between 1 and 24. If you can trade down and close that gap, that would be ideal. Good luck to you Mater.
    I am definitely hearing ya One87, but definitely don't agree with that strategy..

Peterson and Charles are coming off some major injuries and will not be 100% at anypoint this season.. Mendenhall and Matthews are injured now and will not be joining their respective teams until halfway through the season..

What I am saying is there really won't be any REALLY GOOD RB's left at pick 24, there will however be some pretty good QB's!!

Dobber Sports Wizard

H
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    I am definitely hearing ya One87, but definitely don't agree with that strategy..

Peterson and Charles are coming off some major injuries and will not be 100% at anypoint this season.. Mendenhall and Matthews are injured now and will not be joining their respective teams until halfway through the season..

What I am saying is there really won't be any REALLY GOOD RB's left at pick 24, there will however be some pretty good QB's!!

I agree with Peterson. Charles, on the other hand, I disagree. He was hurt very early last year. Word in KC is that he's 100%. I can't speak on Matthews, but Rashard will be ready after the bye. My point is just that these guys will likely fall and are highly ranked backs that should be available as well as productive this year. You still have guys like Wilson (NYG), Michael Bush (Chi), Donald Brown, Jacquizz Rodgers,etc that should be there.

If he wasn't sitting at 1, i'd agree with you. But Rodgers is clearly #1, the numbers don't lie. Foster is the #1 back for sure. But no one outproduced Rodgers last year and many will be hardpressed to do so this year. The Giants did their thing last year, and people have somewhat forgotten about GB.

As I stated previously, though, if he can trade down, that would be preferrible, mainly because of the gap between 1 and 24. He either gets an elite QB or RB, but he won't get another elite player in rd 2, which is why I favor a trade down.
    Last edited by One87; September 3, 2012 at 10:39 PM.

W:

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Gotta side w/ Z on this (if it's not too late). I dig what One87 is sayin', but I have done several mocks a Cam is there at 24. Even if he isn't, it's not aout having the best QB, it's about winning the championship.

To me it's a supply/demand issue, and stud RBs are short in supply and high in demand (at least the healthy, workhorse types). Take Rice at #1. If Cam is there at 24 snatch him up. If not you could play it several ways....

#1Rice, ...if GMs are reaching and QBs are flying off the board in round #2 then take Ryan, Romo at #24 BUT, I betcha Cutler will be there at #48 and I like him this year so I might do the Dance of the Cojones, and go Rice/RB and Wr at 24-5 respectively then grab Cutler at 48 and my TE at 49. Depends on how the board is flowing, but the worst thing you could do is panic.

If I see GMs going left, I go right. No sense in being a follower. All ya get are the leftovers.
    I understand, Bomm. To me, though, Rodgers is the best player, regardless of position. Who out-pointed him last year? Cam at 24. If that was a guarantee, i'd say go for it, but it's not. In my league, I took him at 9 and no for a fact he would h as ve.been gone before 20. He's a top 5 QB. By the time 20 comes up, the top 5 backs and QB shoukd be gone, unless someone screwed up.

W:

Dobber Sports Padawan

Flip a coin between rice and foster. Qb is tempting but you could get a nice qb in round 2 if you want a stud

Quote Originally Posted by One87 View Post
    You still have guys like Wilson (NYG), Michael Bush (Chi), Donald Brown, Jacquizz Rodgers,etc that should be there.
    So would you rather have Aaron Rodgers Jacquizz Rodgers and Michael Bush or Arian Foster and Matt Ryan and Greg Jennings??

Dobber Sports Initiate

Its not a question of who produced/will produce the most fantasy points, but who will beat the next guy in his position by the biggest margin. If you chose Foster first you can still get a guy like Rivers, Ryan, Romo several rounds later. That way you end up with Foster, RB1-, WR1, Romo/Rivers/Ryan instead of Rodgers, RB1-, WR1, R Bush/Sproles etc.

The gap between Foster and Reggie Bush is waaaay bigger than Rodgers vs Ryan/Romo/Rivers. I'd say Foster gets 150 more fps than Reggie but Rodgers only beats Rivers/Ryan with 70-80.
    14 Team Dynasty League
    5 C's, 8 W's, 5 D's, 2G's - 3 Prospects.

Scoring
    F: Goals(3) Assists(2)
    D: Goals(4) Assist(3)
    G: W(3) Saves(0.15) Goal Against(-0.75) Shutout(2)

C: Datsyuk, Grabovski, Backstrom, Bergeron, Bozak
    W: Kovalchuk, Ovechkin, P Kane, Hall, Sharp, Kessel, Nash, Silfverberg
    D: Enstrom, Letang, Kronwall, Faulk, Chara
    G: Miller, Price

IR:
    Prospects: Galchenyuk, Nyquist, Shore