Thread: Who to avoid

I...am your father.

Default Who to avoid

Who would you rather not have - Gore or S.Jackson? Or would you be fine owning either one?
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Immortal

Would not want to own Frank Gore. While both players have had their share of injuries over the past few years, Ive still found that Jackson has at least been productive when he does play. Gore has been completely hit or miss.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

A debate that many are trying to get answers for this year that is forsure..

Both guys will be hard pressed to actually play an entire season.. Tough decision..

Tough to expect Gore to get most of the touches when the 49ers brought in Brandon Jacobs this season to share the load with Gore and probably steal his goal line carries.. And that being said, the 49ers also have a real promising rookie in LaMichael James who can catch the ball out of the back field really well.. The 49ers seem to have a very tough schedule aswell ahead of them..

S.Jax is still an above average runner and will still get the bulk of the carries in St.Louis.. He is very good at catching out of the back field and is a every down back for the Rams.. The Rams did however draft a RB in the 2nd round this year, so I'm sure he won't get all the carries, he will still get most of them and the most important ones..

I would take Jackson over Gore!! But honestly I am hoping their are better options for me then debating between these two at my pick.. HAHA.. Goodluck though!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Padawan

Give me SJax all day over Gore. I believe Jackson will be a top 12 back this year, especially in ppr. The thing I don't get is why people question his durability? He's only missed two games the past few seasons.

Don't worry about Pead because he has looked terrible. SJax should be a 20 plus touch a game back.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Who would you rather not have - Gore or S.Jackson? Or would you be fine owning either one?

Don't like either, but I,too, would take my chances with Jackson. Pay attention to Det's situation. They are not happy with their backs, and they are making phone calls, trying to bring someone in. Ryan Grant was rumored, but they apparently want a better quality back. If that is the case, whomever they bring in may be a legitimate alternative.
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Dobber Sports Padawan

I'm avoiding both, but Gore's ADP is almost 10 spots past Jackson, so I would be more likely to gamble on him if he slid to the 4th round somehow.
    Tweet @ Me brah!
    10 team Auction Keeper-Year 7, No FAs, Points only, Weekly Lineups
    C-Backstrom, Stepan, Desharnais
    W-Ovie, Pacioretty, Kadri, Nyquist, Granlund, Schwartz
    D- Chara, Wideman, Kronwall, Phaneuf
    G-Varlamov
    Bench: Schenn, MSmith, Yakupov, Hartnell, Gionta, Williams, Carle
    Farm: Barkov, Kucherov, Monahan, Trouba, Klimchuk, Poirier, Nieto, Toffoli, Dumba, Gormley, GReinhart, BSmith, Aberg
    Proud owner of entire first round in KPL 2015 prospect draft