Thread: Brendan Gaunce profile

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Brendan Gaunce profile

We have been counting down the top 20 Canucks prospects at the Canucks Army. Today I profiled #4, Brendan Gaunce. He has garnered some comparisons to the likes of Ryan O'Reilly and Keith Primeau.

http://canucksarmy.com/2012/8/28/ca-...brendan-gaunce

Gaunce, on the other hand, is more of a big playmaking center. He's got among the best vision and playmaking ability in the OHL. His play away from the puck is outstanding too and it really helps to create time and space for his linemates. He's also way more physical than Jordan ever was. Brendan is someone who thrives on the physical aspects of the game.

He throws big hits and is very active in the corners and on the forecheck. While I don't expect him to put up the gaudy offensive numbers that he did in the OHL, or NHL, Gaunce is much more of a Keith Primeau type of center. In regards to Gaunce's skating, his brother Cameron (Avs prospect) had the same problem when he was in the OHL. But he really improved it over the course of his OHL career. I'd expect the same out of Brendan. Once his skating improves, it'll help his game in transition and make him a much more effective puck carrier.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Genius

A pretty good read. I love reading about prospects that I haven't had enough time to follow, yet.
    Sites: www.twitter.com/tsgraveline tsgraveline.blogspot.com thesharkremarks.blogspot.com

Team 1:10 Multi-Cat Roto league

C- Malkin,Giroux,Thornton Galchenyuk, Schenn, Berglund, Eller
    LW- Hall,Ovechkin, E.Kane Saad
    RW- Seguin, Stewart, PAP
    D- Subban,Phaneuf Keith, OEL, Hedman,
    G- Pavelec,Hiller Lindback, Theodore, Lehner

Team 2:24 H2H League Multi-Cat

C- Weiss, Galchenyuk, Desharnais, Vitale
    LW- Parise, Bailey, Torres, King, Bissonnette
    RW- Ovechkin, Clowe, Asham, Gagner
    D- Boyle, Klesla, Souray, Hjalmarsson, Niskanen, Hickey, Lovejoy, Potter
    G-Holtby, Halak