Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Jones-Drew wants traded!

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Dyv View Post
    Imagine with me, if you will, that you ran the Detroit Lions. Defense is improving, heralded as one of the up and coming young D's in the league. DB's need a little, sure, but your offense is one of the top 5 in the league, too.

You also keep running into just miserable luck with your backfield. Why NOT offer up some future picks for MJD?

I'm not saying they will, mind you, but if your Jacksonville why would you pay the guy such crazy money if you're not even close to competing? The thing for me is what makes the most sense, by far, is TRADING MJD for a pacakage of first, second and third round picks so that in 2 years the Jags can be competitive. The new owner wants to win, and betting the farm on an aging warhorse just isn't bright.

If you're the Lions you look at getting over the top - that one more star caliber player, even if it causes a bit of a rebuild - for both teams a package of picks makes a LOT of sense.

Other teams being mentioned include the Jets (but they are at least a QB and a RB away so why bother getting one piece right now?)

For me, personally, as a Lions fan (ashamed) I'd rather see the team suck it up, commit the draft picks and cash and go for it than simply be 'in the mix' but never quite there. GO FOR THE SUPER BOWL!!!!

If the Lions organization really believed they were able to go for the super bowl, it think they should make this trade. And congrats to you for sticking with them for so long but MJD does not make them a contender.

They are a young team and keeping early round picks will benefit them far more than signing MJD. Especially since they seem to be a few years away from entering the conversation.

Now maybe my Steelers might make that trade!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Wait...

Quote Originally Posted by TheWhale View Post
    If the Lions organization really believed they were able to go for the super bowl, it think they should make this trade. And congrats to you for sticking with them for so long but MJD does not make them a contender.

They are a young team and keeping early round picks will benefit them far more than signing MJD. Especially since they seem to be a few years away from entering the conversation.

Now maybe my Steelers might make that trade!
    Now don't you call a homer a homer here!

PIT trading him for Wallace would be brilliant for both teams, wouldn't it?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Dyv View Post
    Now don't you call a homer a homer here!

PIT trading him for Wallace would be brilliant for both teams, wouldn't it?

It would be fantastic but that's not the Rooney's MO. If they can't find it in the clearance bin at wal mart, they aren't shopping.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Jacksonville needs a QB.

Detroit will never compete with Schwartz as HC.
    Tweet @ Me brah!
    10 team Auction Keeper-Year 7, No FAs, Points only, Weekly Lineups
    C-Backstrom, Stepan, Desharnais
    W-Ovie, Pacioretty, Kadri, Nyquist, Granlund, Schwartz
    D- Chara, Wideman, Kronwall, Phaneuf
    G-Varlamov
    Bench: Schenn, MSmith, Yakupov, Hartnell, Gionta, Williams, Carle
    Farm: Barkov, Kucherov, Monahan, Trouba, Klimchuk, Poirier, Nieto, Toffoli, Dumba, Gormley, GReinhart, BSmith, Aberg
    Proud owner of entire first round in KPL 2015 prospect draft