Thread: Forsberg Foppery

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Forsberg Foppery

I couldn\'t think of a more appropriate forum to place this than Injuries.

Peter Forsberg is a supremely talented hockey player. No arguments I assume. Regardless of his injury history, I think it was a good signing by Colorado. A decent risk that he could contribute when healthy.

I think what we saw during these playoffs was that the Forsberg Flu is CONTAGIOUS!hmy:

I just read that Forsberg wants to play next year in Colorado, health permitting. Sorry that\'s just too funny. If I were GM, I would sign him with the expectation of 40 games and use him in every shootout.

Here\'s some quotes I found for Forsberg:

Fops takes a world of pains, to prove that bodies can exist without brains; the former so fantastically dressed, that the latter\'s absence may be safely guessed - Charles Churchill

Foppery is never cured; it is of the bad stamina of the mind, which, like those of the body, are never rectified - Samuel Johnson

Merriam-Webster Online Dictionairy defines Foppery as a foolish character or action: folly

:kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Forsberg Foppery

How true are those quotes/definions?? That is almost bang on.

Colorado is the only team who Forsberg should ever play for again, because it just seems they don\'t care whether he plays or is just in the building. If he was to have gone to any other team this year he would have been a BUST. But in colorado he is a saviour.

Personally I think he should just stay in Colorado and just play home games next year. See how that works out for him.

\"No Flying Forsberg\" clause in his contract..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Forsberg Foppery

Zorro wrote:
    [quote]How true are those quotes/definions?? That is almost bang on.

Colorado is the only team who Forsberg should ever play for again, because it just seems they don\'t care whether he plays or is just in the building. If he was to have gone to any other team this year he would have been a BUST. But in colorado he is a saviour.

Personally I think he should just stay in Colorado and just play home games next year. See how that works out for him.

\"No Flying Forsberg\" clause in his contract..[/
    quote]

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :laugh:
    Mooseheads: 14 team H2H (CBS)
    +/-,G,A,DG,DA,PIM,PPP,GWG,GAA,SPct,W,
    Dress 8F,4D,2Gweekly,roster22,3Gmax
    F:Benn,Tavares,Backstrom,Galchenyuk,O'Reilly,Kuche rov,E.Kane,Radulov,N.Foligno,T.Ennis,Lee,Hartman,T ,Johnson
    D:Weber,Burns,Werenski,Vlasic,Theodore,Severson
    G:Bishop,Fleury,Mrazek

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Forsberg Foppery

haha, the hockey version of Roger Clemens? hopefully without the growth hormone?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Forsberg Foppery

I shouldn\'t have made it sound like the quotes were about Forsberg, they are about foppery. But with a nickname like Foppa, I thought it was appropriate.

They are all real quotes as far as I could tell.

I love how hard Forsberg competes, but he\'s done as an everyday player and it\'s the NHL and the fans loss.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket