Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Stepan/Byfuglien or Voracek/Shattenkirk

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    **** you are smart.

That is exactly the idea I've been struggling with. We have to play each roster player a minimum of 5 weeks only. I could play Stepan (or Voracek) the minimum 5 times and roll with my other forwards most other weeks. Parise, for example, I'd probably play each and every week (minus injuries or weeks in which Minny only plays twice).

Conversely, I will probably play Byfuglien each week, as he is clearly my best dman.

This is precisely the dilemma.
    Have you checked out the schedule to see if there are weeks when Parise/Benn/Hall/Semin are playing twice that coincide with Stepan or Voracek playing 4 times? that could give you an edge......

Dobber Sports All-Star

Bondon's got a point, if you can only start 3 F in a week, chances are Voracek might not be good enough to start for you in most weeks. Stick with big Buff.
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by wendelclark17 View Post
    Have you checked out the schedule to see if there are weeks when Parise/Benn/Hall/Semin are playing twice that coincide with Stepan or Voracek playing 4 times? that could give you an edge......
    honestly, no, I haven't checked. That is a lot of work and when injuries are also factored in, it will almost certainly come up at some point this year where I will want to play Stepan or Voracek because they play more games than Hall, Semin, etc.

It also helps sometimes to play Voracek the same week I am playing the Giroux owner (to offset Giroux's production, a bit)

You can't always tie one player's production to another's, but in some cases (Malkin/Neal), you can do that to a degree.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Ninja

Oh haha I didn't see there was a minimum starts per year.

I guess for me it comes down to how you see the Voracek vs. Stepan comparison then. I don't think Stepan is all that bad now that the Rangers have added Nash to the wing group....Stepan will be play with some good talent. The quality ice time probably won't be fantastic but I think he'll be good enough to provide you with some decent production in the weeks that you have to start him.

wendel does bring up a great point though about looking at the schedules and seeing how they stack up against each other for all players involved.

I'd still take Stepan and Big Buff though for the record

Dobber Sports Genius

I missed that you started only 3F in a week, knowing that I have to change my mind. b0ndon made a good point and I agree.
    Derek Reese - Future Hall of Famer

14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty
    H2H, Salary Cap 108 Mil, Player actual salaries
    1 Week scoring period
    G,A,PTS,GWG,PIM,SOG,STP,HT,BL,+/-,W,GAA,SV,SO
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

F - Marchand, Marner, Marchessault, Stamkos, Tuch, Comtois, Farabee, Bennett, McCann, W. Nylander, Nugent-Hopkins, Kapanen
    D - Barrie, Oleksiak, Suter, Gudbranson, Savard, Lyubushkin, Ferraro
    G - Saros, Rittich

Bench - Mittelstadt, Reimer, Roslovic, Keller, Reaves, Toews
    Prospects - Byfield, Mercer, Veleno, Chmelevski, Tippett, Comrie, Tomasino, Valimaki, Gustavsson, Wolf