Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones (Spoilers abound)

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by tgraveline View Post
    Last night's episode was pretty good, but maybe it's just because I miss things when I don't watch things with subtitles, but yeah, there were some scenes that left me wanting more and I'm still bugged by the Asha casting. I keep wondering about the Reeds as well. I thought they should have shown up already.
    Asha just annoys me in general. Her stupid smirk. But who knows....maybe they're trying to make you side with Theon for....future reasons.

Yeah Reeds are out of this season. It's now a matter of whether they'll be added in later in season 3.

Dobber Sports Stud

I still don't understand the smoke demon thing. How was it born? How is it able to kill people? Can it be killed? I'm completely lost with how it's existence came about.

I hope the show explains it down the road.
    Go Jets Go

Featured Columnist for the Winnipeg Jets
    http://bleacherreport.com/users/386108-anthony-capocci

Follow for Winnipeg Jets Updates
    www.twitter.com/CapocciJETS

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsFan View Post
    I still don't understand the smoke demon thing. How was it born? How is it able to kill people? Can it be killed? I'm completely lost with how it's existence came about.

I hope the show explains it down the road.
    I wouldnt count on it.
    ..All I know from the books is that it was made when Melisandre got Stannis into her bed, in the books the shadow is said to strongly resemble Stannis. Melisandre uses some sorcery and instead of a baby you get a shadowbaby that has a very low lifespan, but strength and the ability to barely exist at all. It isnt supposed to be a 3D shape, rather a literal shadow moving along the wall and floor.

I too hope they offer some explanation on the show, it was confusing in the books, with an entire page dedicated to describing it, in the TV show it was like a scene from "The Mummy" appearing in the middle of The Sopranos
    10 Team Roto Keeper League; 20 Keepers;
    Stats: G,A,Pts,ppg,ppa,pims,+/- ; W,sv%,svs
    C: Seguin, Panarin, Carter
    LW: Benn, Hall, Buchnevich, Coyle, Zucker
    RW: Kane, Simmonds, Stone, Nino, Gallagher
    D: Subban, Doughty, Byfuglien, Jones, Mcdonagh, Fowler
    G: Price, Holtby, Halak, Reimer

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by donions View Post
    I wouldnt count on it.
    ..All I know from the books is that it was made when Melisandre got Stannis into her bed, in the books the shadow is said to strongly resemble Stannis. Melisandre uses some sorcery and instead of a baby you get a shadowbaby that has a very low lifespan, but strength and the ability to barely exist at all. It isnt supposed to be a 3D shape, rather a literal shadow moving along the wall and floor.

I too hope they offer some explanation on the show, it was confusing in the books, with an entire page dedicated to describing it, in the TV show it was like a scene from "The Mummy" appearing in the middle of The Sopranos
    Yeah I hear that. I really don't see any explanation coming...at least for sure not this season. If Melisandre is being left behind by Stannis and Co then I doubt there will be a chance for her to explain wtf happened.

Im going to attribute it how I did when I read...some F'd kind of sorcery. If you remember in the books, she must birth TWO shadows because Renly is killed before we even have the chapter with Davos and her sneaky down in the cave in which she bears the one that kills......that other guy. Can't remember his name. Not in the show though.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Yeah I hear that. I really don't see any explanation coming...at least for sure not this season. If Melisandre is being left behind by Stannis and Co then I doubt there will be a chance for her to explain wtf happened.

Im going to attribute it how I did when I read...some F'd kind of sorcery. If you remember in the books, she must birth TWO shadows because Renly is killed before we even have the chapter with Davos and her sneaky down in the cave in which she bears the one that kills......that other guy. Can't remember his name. Not in the show though.
    Yeah, it was the castellan from Storm's End, who was protecting one of Robert's bastards from Stannis. They decided to leave that whole part out.

I really don't get the logic with all of the stuff that they're leaving out. If they're just going to butcher the whole story will-nilly, I'd have rather seen it made as a series of major motion-pictures with a bigger budget and a better cast like the Harry Potter series was done.

I'm about to check out on this whole thing.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Instant Karma View Post
    I really don't get the logic with all of the stuff that they're leaving out. If they're just going to butcher the whole story will-nilly, I'd have rather seen it made as a series of major motion-pictures with a bigger budget and a better cast like the Harry Potter series was done.

I'm about to check out on this whole thing.
    There is absolutely no way that this could be a movie. The story is way too big with too many characters. Anyone that I talk to who hasn't read the book has one complaint right now: too many characters! In the grand scheme of things so far the part you are referring to is pretty irrelevent. Sacrifices have to be made in an adaptation....especially one with five 700+ page books.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    There is absolutely no way that this could be a movie. The story is way too big with too many characters. Anyone that I talk to who hasn't read the book has one complaint right now: too many characters! In the grand scheme of things so far the part you are referring to is pretty irrelevent. Sacrifices have to be made in an adaptation....especially one with five 700+ page books.

It could certainly have been made as a series of movies. If they're just cutting the thing to shreds anyway.

I have no idea why they feel the need to "sacrifice" anything in any case. Have you forgotten that the series isn't even complete, and at the rate Martin's going it won't be complete for another eight years or more?

At the rate they're going, there going to come up to the end of DoD with nothing following it and they'll just have to start making it up at that point.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Immortal

But Harry Potter worked because it was centered on one character. He was in 80% of all scenes. You realize that a motion picture would be only 2.5 ish hours vs the 10 hrs that we're getting per season. Even more would be cut.

Anyways, just finished watching tonight's episode and WOW. I loved it.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Joffrey got cow-pied...LOL...loved it!
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by One87 View Post
    Joffrey got cow-pied...LOL...loved it!
    I loved Tyrion in that scene....now for the first of many GIFs.

http://warmingglow.uproxx.com/2012/0...the-new#page/2

I can't wait for a new 8 minute video of Tyrion slapping Joffrey.

Dobber Sports Wizard

What i want to know is who stole the dragons?
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by One87 View Post
    What i want to know is who stole the dragons?
    I don't feel like going back and checking...but have you read the books? And are you asking because that didn't happen in the books and you're wondering where they're going with it?
    Last edited by hockeyrobot; May 8, 2012 at 1:34 AM.

Dobber Sports Genius

I don't remember that happening in the book, but it's been awhile.
    Sites: www.twitter.com/tsgraveline tsgraveline.blogspot.com thesharkremarks.blogspot.com

Team 1:10 Multi-Cat Roto league

C- Malkin,Giroux,Thornton Galchenyuk, Schenn, Berglund, Eller
    LW- Hall,Ovechkin, E.Kane Saad
    RW- Seguin, Stewart, PAP
    D- Subban,Phaneuf Keith, OEL, Hedman,
    G- Pavelec,Hiller Lindback, Theodore, Lehner

Team 2:24 H2H League Multi-Cat

C- Weiss, Galchenyuk, Desharnais, Vitale
    LW- Parise, Bailey, Torres, King, Bissonnette
    RW- Ovechkin, Clowe, Asham, Gagner
    D- Boyle, Klesla, Souray, Hjalmarsson, Niskanen, Hickey, Lovejoy, Potter
    G-Holtby, Halak

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by tgraveline View Post
    I don't remember that happening in the book, but it's been awhile.
    No it didn't happen in the books. Im fine with the change because her story is kind of boring to me. At least this gives it some intrigue. I think it's pretty clear that the Warlocks stole them and are taking them to the House of the Undying. In the books it's mroe of an internal struggle that leads her there but since we rarely see that depth in the show, at least this way she will have more of a reason to go there instead of just an invite from Pyat Pree.

Dobber Sports Genius

Yeah, that was my thought.

Her story is one of my favorites in the books, but the show has really made it slow. I'm enjoying the show, but somethings are bothering me. Jojen and Miira aren't in it and it's going to be weird how they deal with that now.
    Sites: www.twitter.com/tsgraveline tsgraveline.blogspot.com thesharkremarks.blogspot.com

Team 1:10 Multi-Cat Roto league

C- Malkin,Giroux,Thornton Galchenyuk, Schenn, Berglund, Eller
    LW- Hall,Ovechkin, E.Kane Saad
    RW- Seguin, Stewart, PAP
    D- Subban,Phaneuf Keith, OEL, Hedman,
    G- Pavelec,Hiller Lindback, Theodore, Lehner

Team 2:24 H2H League Multi-Cat

C- Weiss, Galchenyuk, Desharnais, Vitale
    LW- Parise, Bailey, Torres, King, Bissonnette
    RW- Ovechkin, Clowe, Asham, Gagner
    D- Boyle, Klesla, Souray, Hjalmarsson, Niskanen, Hickey, Lovejoy, Potter
    G-Holtby, Halak