Thread: Tough choice for tonight

The Wolverine

Default Tough choice for tonight

Start two:

Rinne vs LA
    Bryzgalov at Cgy
    Thomas at Clb

Their numbers in the past 14 days: (W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO are the cats)

Rinne 3, 1.47, 172, .950, 2
    Bryz 3, 2.30, 176, .926, 1
    Thomas 1, 2.71, 142, .928, 0

Currently have Thomas sitting but quite a tempting matchup against Columbus. Rinne is a sure thing so it's between Bryzgalov and Thomas.

Thanks in advance.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Start two:

Rinne vs LA
    Bryzgalov at Cgy
    Thomas at Clb

Their numbers in the past 14 days: (W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO are the cats)

Rinne 3, 1.47, 172, .950, 2
    Bryz 3, 2.30, 176, .926, 1
    Thomas 1, 2.71, 142, .928, 0

Currently have Thomas sitting but quite a tempting matchup against Columbus. Rinne is a sure thing so it's between Bryzgalov and Thomas.

Thanks in advance.
    Wow...to me this is a crapshoot in a good sense lol. You've got 3 amazing options.
    if I had to choose between Bryz and Thomas, I would have to go with Thomas...really either choice is fine but I'm gonna go with the guy with the 2.03GAA and .938 sv% O.o haha
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Icon

Even though Rinne is playing lights out, I think you need to go with the other 2 guys here as they are facing far weaker teams.

However, if you are set on starting Rinne, I think Bryz is your best choice of the other two. Thomas may not get the start tonight and the Bruins don't usually confirm their starting goalie until half an hour before the game.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by b0ndon View Post
    Wow...to me this is a crapshoot in a good sense lol. You've got 3 amazing options.
    if I had to choose between Bryz and Thomas, I would have to go with Thomas...really either choice is fine but I'm gonna go with the guy with the 2.03GAA and .938 sv% O.o haha
    Thanks b0ndon. Yeah I am very fortunate with these options. It is the main reason I am leading the league so far.

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    Thomas may not get the start tonight and the Bruins don't usually confirm their starting goalie until half an hour before the game.
    Thanks 4T2. Oh yeah, that is a very good point, especially since I live in Scotland. I could be off to sleep before they announce it.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Hard to sit Rinne, but the kings are playing good hockey lately, and Bernier has a good record against the preds this year. 2-1-0 with great peripherals.

Thomas is a good start against CLS (if he starts). Cls is 3-4-3 in their last ten and Boston has a great record on the road this year! only 9 losses.

Calgary was hot but has definitely cooled off, having lost their last two, one in decided fashion. But Phonenix, having won their last 2, haven't been playnig super either.

This one is a toss up.

If Thomas starts, he's gotta be in.

If not, Bryz and Rinne is an easy choice.

If Thomas does start....he's your guy...and I'm going against the grain and saying Bryz. The kings are hot and Bernier's played well against the preds this year.

That's my suggestion: Bryz and Timmy T.

For what it's worth.
    One year, 9 team, roto

G/A/P/+,-/PPG/PPA/PPP/SHG/GWG/PIM/HITS

GS/W/L/GAA/SV%/SO

Start: C/C/LW/LW/RW/RW/F/W/D/D/D/D/UTIL

C: Henrik Sedin, Mike Ribeiro, John Tavares

LW: Alex Ovechkin, Thomas Vanek, Zach Parise, Simon Gagne

RW: Johan Franzen, Dustin Brown, Steve Downie, Drew Stafford, Matt D'Agostini

D: Shea Weber, John Carlson, Brett Clark, Cam Fowler

G: Henrik Lundquist, Ondrej Pavelec, Corey Crawford

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Gfunk View Post
    Hard to sit Rinne, but the kings are playing good hockey lately, and Bernier has a good record against the preds this year. 2-1-0 with great peripherals.

Thomas is a good start against CLS (if he starts). Cls is 3-4-3 in their last ten and Boston has a great record on the road this year! only 9 losses.

Calgary was hot but has definitely cooled off, having lost their last two, one in decided fashion. But Phonenix, having won their last 2, haven't been playnig super either.

This one is a toss up.

If Thomas starts, he's gotta be in.

If not, Bryz and Rinne is an easy choice.

If Thomas does start....he's your guy...and I'm going against the grain and saying Bryz. The kings are hot and Bernier's played well against the preds this year.

That's my suggestion: Bryz and Timmy T.

For what it's worth.
    Thanks Gfunk for using recent production or matchups to give your choice.

The Great One

I'd start Thomas and Rinne. Bryz is an awesome goalie, but Calgary at home will be tough.

Thomas to me is the easy choice to play. And between Rinne (at home) or Byzgalov (on the road), I'd go with Rinne.

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    I'd start Thomas and Rinne. Bryz is an awesome goalie, but Calgary at home will be tough.

Thomas to me is the easy choice to play. And between Rinne (at home) or Byzgalov (on the road), I'd go with Rinne.
    Thanks SeaDawg. I knew this question would give a variety of answers!

Dobber Sports Icon

Rask was first off the ice this morning so it looks like he will get the start... not set in stone. I would definitely go with Rinne and Bryz though just in case.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Wow I wish I had this problem!

Anyway I agree that I would bench Bryz.

While I have Bryz and think he is great, the other two goalies simply have easier games.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    Rask was first off the ice this morning so it looks like he will get the start... not set in stone. I would definitely go with Rinne and Bryz though just in case.
    Twitter is a buzz (and other sources too) suggesting that Rask is now the likely starter, so I take back my previous suggestion and say you should start Bryz and Rinne now. Doesn't look like Thomas will be starting.

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    Twitter is a buzz (and other sources too) suggesting that Rask is now the likely starter, so I take back my previous suggestion and say you should start Bryz and Rinne now. Doesn't look like Thomas will be starting.
    Thanks, that makes it easier for sure. I'm going to leave it with Rinne and Bryzgalov even if they don't officially announce Boston's starter until the end and ends up suddenly being Thomas.

Thanks again everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Thanks, that makes it easier for sure. I'm going to leave it with Rinne and Bryzgalov even if they don't officially announce Boston's starter until the end and ends up suddenly being Thomas.

Thanks again everyone.
    Did you end up going Rinne Bryz?
    One year, 9 team, roto

G/A/P/+,-/PPG/PPA/PPP/SHG/GWG/PIM/HITS

GS/W/L/GAA/SV%/SO

Start: C/C/LW/LW/RW/RW/F/W/D/D/D/D/UTIL

C: Henrik Sedin, Mike Ribeiro, John Tavares

LW: Alex Ovechkin, Thomas Vanek, Zach Parise, Simon Gagne

RW: Johan Franzen, Dustin Brown, Steve Downie, Drew Stafford, Matt D'Agostini

D: Shea Weber, John Carlson, Brett Clark, Cam Fowler

G: Henrik Lundquist, Ondrej Pavelec, Corey Crawford

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Gfunk View Post
    Did you end up going Rinne Bryz?
    Yeah I did. Not a great night but not horrible either. Wasn't a good night for Rinne but considering I'm dominating in GAA and SV%, it doesn't hurt me as much and at least I got another win from Bryzgalov and a few more saves. Those latter two categories are more important right now.