Thread: Ehrhoff UFA status

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Ehrhoff UFA status

So Ehrhoff is a UFA this summer. Any word out there on his status? Are the Canucks likely to re-sign him? Will he walk? If he does, how will that affect his fantasy status/upside?
    HHG - Amish Flyers
    10 team roto keeper (keep 17) w/50-man minors
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SOG,H,Blk,P2D,SktPts;W,GAA,SV%
    6-Time League Champ
    Active
    F: Barkov/Gaudreau/Guentzel/Tarasenko/Laine/Point/Teravainen/Norris/Bratt/BSchenn/Schmaltz/Ek
    D: Hughes/Weegar/Trouba/Klingberg/Pionk/Ghost/Spurgeon
    G: Jarry/Kuemper/Husso/Ullmark
    Minors
    F: Robertson/Hintz/Lafreniere/Batherson/Farabee/Jeannot/Frost/Tomasino/Garland/Holtz/Sillinger/Johnston/McMichael/Podkolzin/Maccelli/Beck/Brisson
    D: Nemec/Lundkvist/Zellweger/Rathbone/POJoseph/Hutson/Fehervary
    G: Swayman/Wallstedt/Brossoit/Fedotov/Prosvetov/Vejmelka/Prosvetov

Dobber Sports Novice

living in van, I haven't heard yet, but I believe that they will resign him, they would be silly not to. His fantasy upside, top 5 dman in my mind, I just traded for him...

Dobber Sports Apprentice

As MB68 indicated, there hasn't been official word, but...GM Gillis has spoken several times on local radio that he's hopeful that Christian will stay and if the $ can work then he's optimistic. Ehrhoff has mentioned several times that he loves Vancouver as well. So far Gillis has been quite successful in getting the guys he wants to buy into the "take less to play in a great situation." I'm banking on him re-signing, but that's just a hunch & going by what I've been hearing.

Dobber Sports Ace

I think he'll re-sign in Vancouver, but he's not the top Dman on the Canucks - Alex Edler is.

Ehrhoff is a really nice player with a good offensive upside, but this year will be his biggest year. He's going to be over 50pts with Edler out until the playoffs, but I'm not sure he'll hit that again.

He'll certainly be a mid-40's kinda guy, but don't sell the farm to grab him.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Depends a lot on whether he takes a hometown discount or not... And to the guy who said top 5 fantasy d-men... Yea, just no. Not even top 15.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by mbrown68 View Post
    living in van, I haven't heard yet, but I believe that they will resign him, they would be silly not to. His fantasy upside, top 5 dman in my mind, I just traded for him...
    Green, Doughty, Boyle, Enstrom, Byfuglien, Visnovsky, Kaberle, Weber, Yandle, Letang, Lidstrom, Keith, Pronger, Chara, etc...
    10-Team Non-salaried H2H Keeper, 20 Players Each, Keeping 10
    13 active (3 C, 5 W, 3 D, 2 G, 2 Util) / 7 reserve
    Player Stats: G, A, P, PPP, HIT, BLCK, SHP, SOG
    Goalie Stats: W, GAA, SAVE%, SO, Saves

C: Barkov, Schiefele, Tavares, Trocheck
    W: Kucherov, Panarin, Gaudreau, Huberdeau, Wilson, Hall, Keller, Kubalik, Toffoli, Hathaway
    D: Sergachev, Doughty, Gudas
    G: Vasilevskiy, Markstrom, Francouz

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Yea, ehrhoff isn't even my first choice on Vancouver...

Dobber Sports Novice

LOL. I would love to be in a pool with these goofs.

Green? Boyle? Enstrom? Byfuglien? Visnovsky? Kaberle? Lidstrom? Pronger? Chara?

I would love to be in a pool where guys are drafting these clowns over Erhoff. they are either a flash in the pan or dead next year. Take Erhoff if you want a solid dman. or listen to these clowns and lose.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I would love to be in a pool where guys are drafting these clowns over Erhoff. they are either a flash in the pan or dead next year. Take Erhoff if you want a solid dman. or listen to these clowns and lose.
    What the heck is this with guys running around calling other forum members clowns - is the a secret passage into Dobberhockey from HF Boards?

Look around mbrown - we take our fantasy hockey seriously here, we like to have fun with each other and by and large we respect each other's opinions no matter how much we disagree with them. I invite you to join us in that, trust me it is a lot more enjoyable that crawling out from under a rock once in awhile to bite tires.

If you are serious about wanting to play with us clowns - PM me - I'll make sure to get you in a league with some of us.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    What the heck is this with guys running around calling other forum members clowns - is the a secret passage into Dobberhockey from HF Boards?

Look around mbrown - we take our fantasy hockey seriously here, we like to have fun with each other and by and large we respect each other's opinions no matter how much we disagree with them. I invite you to join us in that, trust me it is a lot more enjoyable that crawling out from under a rock once in awhile to bite tires.

If you are serious about wanting to play with us clowns - PM me - I'll make sure to get you in a league with some of us.
    Atta way Shoeless, set em straight! We don't need that kind of immature name calling around here to prove a point. Like the shoe said, keep it at HF Boards.

And in a keeper league I'd take Boyle over Ehrhoff. In fact, I'm keeping Boyle over Ehrhoff in my limited keeper at the end of this year.
    Yahoo 1 Year Leagues:
    G, A, PIM, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G, 4Bn, 1IR

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I respectfully request you take a look at this thread. It has many gems on giving advice.
    http://www.dobberhockey.com/index.ph...=quality+posts
    There are 2 seasons, Hockey & Waiting for Hockey

Dynasty, 7 Teams, Pts Only
    35 Skaters+3 Goalies
    Start:1G,6D,12F
    G: 2pt win, 2pt SO, 1pt OTL
    5 changes/month
    Playoffs run with 1 lineup

G: Price,Fleury,Rinne
    D: Green,Phaneuf,Doughty,J.Johnson,Markov,Edler,
    Ehrhoff,Carlson,Pitkanen,McBain,OEL
    F:Malkin,D.Sedin,Kopitar,Perry,Datsyuk,Spezza,
    Cammaleri,Carter,Iginla,Savard,Selanne,Plekanec,
    Voracek,Hemsky,Burrows,C.Giroux,Backlund,Filatov,
    Couture,Paajarvi,Grabner,Connolly

Dobber Sports Expert

Ehrhoff is wroth around 5 million in my books.

Anyways, in my mind, if you're looking at a keeper, Ehrhoff is aruond top 15. Decent age, chips in a little of PIM, helps a little in +/-, plays on a pretty good PP. I believe he has 55 potential.

Dobber Sports Pro

Just for interest sake here are stats for a few guys, not everyone. FPTS are based on my CBS keeper league.

GP G A PTS PPG SHG +/- PIM SOG FPTS
    Lidstrom
    70 14 41 55 7 0 0 18 149 473.5
    Erhoff
    69 10 36 46 6 0 15 48 170 435.6
    Weber
    70 15 28 43 5 1 9 52 223 433.1

Chara
    69 12 24 36 7 1 22 84 226 411.6

Keith
    70 5 32 37 2 1 2 18 152 319
    IDHL League 28 team H2H league multicat full keeper
    Rebuilding

Cooley, Guenther, Hoglander, Lundell, Quinn, Voronkov, Stankoven, Carlsson

Hutson, Zellweger, Clarke, Miller, Xhekai, Malinski, Thrun

Skinner, Dostal, Hofer

Beck, Bolduc, Dumais, Gaucher, Gunler, Pervalov
    Ufko, Benning, Del Mastro, Peart, Grudinin

Dobber Sports Initiate

He was #9 in my league last year, #5 this year for overall points. Extremely durable, consistent 40+ points, consistent +/-, #1 pp duty, entering his prime where a lot of the other top 10's are nearing the end of their careers... on arguably the best fantasy hockey team to be on. Not sure how he doesnt fall in the top 10

and fwiw he will re-sign in the 5-5.5 range.
    14th year-12 team-Keep 10 + 5 farm
    C-Larkin, Trochek, Pavelski, Hayes, R Strome
    LW-Huberdeau, Meier, Kreider
    RW-Gaudreau, Rantanen, Radulov, Kyrou
    D-Letang, Hamilton, Carlson, Burns, Giordano
    G-Andersen, Lehner, Jones

IR-Tarasenko

Farm - Vilardi, Newhook, McMichael, Gusev, Holtz