Thread: Goalie questions.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Goalie questions.

Does anyone have any inside info. or want to crystal ball these goalies questions. Does the Monster have a job next year? Does Reimer take the starting job next year? Does Giguere remain? What about Rynnas? Is Elliott worth keeping? Will Emery ever get a start, and how about his situation next year. Thanks for any input.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I'm just going to give you my speculation about a few things, no real sourcing besides some web surfing, tv viewing etc on it. 1)Reimer will likely be the starter but could be in a platoon, possibly with Gustavsson or possibly with someone they sign, which means 2)Jiggy probably walks 3)Hiller's situation has apparently improved a little bit but not enough, http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...lems-continue/ and since Ellis hasn't been terrible until tonight, and Emery looked good in the AHL, I dono, I don't like Emery and don't see him starting much but he might get a few games in before Hiller returns.

4)Elliot is terrible and Colorado will pursue a free agent netminder this off-season 5)I don't trust Anderson, and I know you didn't ask about him but I wanted to throw that in
    Last edited by dongjohnson; March 13, 2011 at 10:01 PM.
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne

Dobber Sports Sophomore

My thoughts:

Does the Monster have a job next year?
    HIM AND REIMER IN T.O. IF NO HEART TROUBLES DURING OFF/PRESEASON.
    Does Reimer take the starting job next year?
    NO, 50/50 SPLIT WITH MONSTER, LET'EM BATTLE IT OUT. REIMER WILL BE BETTER
    SCOUTED BY OTHER TEAMS NEXT YEAR.
    Does Giguere remain?
    NOPE, ASK JUSTABOUT ANY LEAF FAN, THEY'LL SAY THE SAME...$$
    What about Rynnas?
    HEAVY WORKLOAD AS THE ALPHA DOG IN THE AHL/TRADE BAIT?
    Is Elliott worth keeping?
    NOPE, IMO COL'S GOING AFTER A VOKOUN/BRYZ TYPE IN THE OFFSEASON
    Will Emery ever get a start, and how about his situation next year.
    DAN ELLIS IS SIGNED ANOTHER YEAR, AND ANH IS HILLER'S TEAM, SO HE'LL BE IN THE AHL IF HE SIGNS THERE AGAIN, SO i'M GOING TO SAY HE SIGNS ON FOR A PLATOON SOMEWHERE AS A 1B GUY. HE'LL SEE ACTION NEXT YEAR, BUT ONLY 30 GAMES LIKELY, IMO.
    2011/12 Capped Keeper League Team((F)=Franchised@1/2 salary: 9F/3D/2G+spares

F-P.Kane(F)/C.Giroux(F)/M.Duchene(F)
    D-Green
    G-R.Luongo
    FREE ROOKIES:J.Eberle/N.Filatov/O.Ekman-Larsson/J.Bernier/C.Schneider

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by rifle View Post
    Does anyone have any inside info. or want to crystal ball these goalies questions. Does the Monster have a job next year? Does Reimer take the starting job next year? Does Giguere remain? What about Rynnas? Is Elliott worth keeping? Will Emery ever get a start, and how about his situation next year. Thanks for any input.

1) Monster's had some tough luck. I saw an itneresting article that suggested he's really uncomfortable with Allaire's style. Also, his heart problems are troubling. I think he'll get a shot but I doubt it will be in Toronto. The emergence of Reimer makes him expendable. I think he's under contract for one more year. I'm not sure they will give him another year.

2) Reimer will take the starting job unless they can sign someone better, Bryzgalov, Vokoun, etc. I predict he will not have as much success as this year but he'll give the leafs a more consistent effort from the nets.

3) Giguere could remain if three things happen 1) he agrees to take a ridiculously huge pay cut, which is unlikely given it's his last contract and he will try and max the dollars 2) The leafs find something to do with Monster; they can't waive him, someone would likely grab him 3) the leafs don't sign someone to start.

Having him Mentor Reimer would be great, unless there was a better option.

4) Rynnas is a good prospect. A few years away though. I bet he keeps working no his game in the minors.

5) Colorado turned into a disaster this year. They need goalie help, badly, and Elliot is not the answer. At best he's a fill in starter. He will never be a bonafide starter in the NHL, I don't think.

6) Up until yesterday Ellis played great, but if he falters again, expect Emery to get a look.
    One year, 9 team, roto

G/A/P/+,-/PPG/PPA/PPP/SHG/GWG/PIM/HITS

GS/W/L/GAA/SV%/SO

Start: C/C/LW/LW/RW/RW/F/W/D/D/D/D/UTIL

C: Henrik Sedin, Mike Ribeiro, John Tavares

LW: Alex Ovechkin, Thomas Vanek, Zach Parise, Simon Gagne

RW: Johan Franzen, Dustin Brown, Steve Downie, Drew Stafford, Matt D'Agostini

D: Shea Weber, John Carlson, Brett Clark, Cam Fowler

G: Henrik Lundquist, Ondrej Pavelec, Corey Crawford