Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Tim Horton's Coffee Lid!

Banned

I bought a vintage Gino Reda mug, so I wil use that instead of the Tim's cups.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Not sure if this applies, but Internet Explorer cries when you try to open most sites. It's a known annoyance.
    Hmm maybe we should start another thread on this.....

Banned

Although I agree with the lids being piss poor, I never understood the following

why the **** do people go to timmie's EVERY DAY? I mean, the line ups are gross, why would anyone want to stand in line for 20 minutes to get a coffee that you can brew at home in 5. You can even buy your precious timmies coffee for at home, so never understood that.

secondly, if you would add up what you would spend a year at timmie's you can probably go on holidays to mexico for. That in itself is crazy.

starbucks isn't any better, and it's trice the price and once you order you have to wait 20 minutes to get your damn coffee.

God I really hate these kind of places. I mean, obviously I go to tim's occasionally (if I make it once a month that's a lot) but it's really ridiculous if you really thought about it

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    Although I agree with the lids being piss poor, I never understood the following

why the **** do people go to timmie's EVERY DAY? I mean, the line ups are gross, why would anyone want to stand in line for 20 minutes to get a coffee that you can brew at home in 5. You can even buy your precious timmies coffee for at home, so never understood that.

secondly, if you would add up what you would spend a year at timmie's you can probably go on holidays to mexico for. That in itself is crazy.

starbucks isn't any better, and it's trice the price and once you order you have to wait 20 minutes to get your damn coffee.

God I really hate these kind of places. I mean, obviously I go to tim's occasionally (if I make it once a month that's a lot) but it's really ridiculous if you really thought about it
    because I live by 1 golden rule in my life, 1! Only buy Timmys with change!

ps. Starbucks sucks!
    10 Team Roto Keeper League; 20 Keepers;
    Stats: G,A,Pts,ppg,ppa,pims,+/- ; W,sv%,svs
    C: Seguin, Panarin, Carter
    LW: Benn, Hall, Buchnevich, Coyle, Zucker
    RW: Kane, Simmonds, Stone, Nino, Gallagher
    D: Subban, Doughty, Byfuglien, Jones, Mcdonagh, Fowler
    G: Price, Holtby, Halak, Reimer

Administrator

It's because we're all consumers and we all spend money on our various bad habits. Some drink coffee, others red bull, others gatorade, and others go to the movies, etc... I suppose most people's fancy dinner budget with their significant others could also cover a trip to Mexico.

Personally, I brew from home most of the time. On Mondays and Wednesdays I do my school work from home, and on weekends I also brew from home. But on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays I spend the day in my school office and there's an on-campus Timmys very close by where I don't wait more than a couple minutes in line. No worse than the grocery store.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Icon

You can even buy your precious timmies coffee for at home, so never understood that.
    Unless you have the proper coffee maker(expensive) the taste is clearly not the same.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    I bought a vintage Gino Reda mug, so I wil use that instead of the Tim's cups.
    Wow an authentic Gino mug. Now theres my hero!

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by donions View Post
    ps. Starbucks sucks!
    Funny story, I was on a date the other day and we hung out at Starbucks. I had never been there before and I didn't bother looking at the price tag next to the drink names, and I decided to be a nice guy and pick up the tab for both thinking it would only be a couple bucks (the Timmies rate) and then... TEN DOLLARS!!! Two coffees for ten bucks! At that price better have some insane nutrition that instantly gets me in shape and looking like an athlete!

Banned

It's because we're all consumers and we all spend money on our various bad habits. Some drink coffee, others red bull, others gatorade, and others go to the movies, etc... I suppose most people's fancy dinner budget with their significant others could also cover a trip to Mexico.

Personally, I brew from home most of the time. On Mondays and Wednesdays I do my school work from home, and on weekends I also brew from home. But on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays I spend the day in my school office and there's an on-campus Timmys very close by where I don't wait more than a couple minutes in line. No worse than the grocery store.
    that's actually a very good response.

It still blows my mind tho... just looking at the drive through line up here at timmie's makes me want to not go there

For 5 bucks, in my opinion, you are better off getting a booster juice (and I very rarely get those) instead of starbucks Starbucks sucks indeed, as their shit is never hot....

Guess your point of everyone spending money on useless shit is very valid tho, look at the smokers under us!

Dobber Sports Icon

Funny story, I was on a date the other day and we hung out at Starbucks. I had never been there before and I didn't bother looking at the price tag next to the drink names, and I decided to be a nice guy and pick up the tab for both thinking it would only be a couple bucks (the Timmies rate) and then... TEN DOLLARS!!! Two coffees for ten bucks! At that price better have some insane nutrition that instantly gets me in shape and looking like an athlete!
    LOL Geez Im killing myself reading these posts today!

Dobber Sports Icon

It still blows my mind tho... just looking at the drive through line up here at timmie's makes me want to not go there
    Agree with u there. Especially early Saturday morning....ouch

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by sparrowtrini View Post
    LOL Geez Im killing myself reading these posts today!
    My actual thoughts at the time: the rest of the night better be outstanding!

The Great One

that's actually a very good response.

For 5 bucks, in my opinion, you are better off getting a booster juice (and I very rarely get those) instead of starbucks Starbucks sucks indeed, as their shit is never hot....

Guess your point of everyone spending money on useless shit is very valid tho, look at the smokers under us!
    I love Booster juice...more than Tim Horton's, actually.

But you are correct. At one point in the past I was spending a small fortune on Tim Horton's coffee, but then decided I was fed up with the line-ups and money I was spending on a daily basis. So, I bought a good coffee maker and now make my coffee at home. I also bought a good blender and make my own smoothies (was spending too much on Booster juice too). Still, when I travel in Canada I always look for the Tim Horton's sign. Every small town has at least one (and usually 15) Tim Horton's. And I'm amazed that they are always busy. Doesn't matter what time of day or what day of the week, the line-ups are always insane!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by sparrowtrini View Post
    Unless you have the proper coffee maker(expensive) the taste is clearly not the same.

Or the coffee itself,all the Folgers, Mazwell etc. not the greatest. You need the good stuff. A friend introduced me to pureblacksunshine.com ~ better then Timmy's on a shitty machine and the video is much better then a Timmy's commercial.

the best part of homebrew is no lids to worry about.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Ritchierich View Post
    Or the coffee itself,all the Folgers, Mazwell etc. not the greatest. You need the good stuff. A friend introduced me to pureblacksunshine.com ~ better then Timmy's on a shitty machine and the video is much better then a Timmy's commercial.

the best part of homebrew is no lids to worry about.
    wow...that website is cool...the video freaked me out a bit.