Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Pacioretty leaves game on a stretcher

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Yeah sorry I'm french
    6 teams, keeper, 12 Forwards, 6 Dmen, 2 Goalies and 5 Benched.
    Points only (2 for goals by Dmen)
    Limit of 3 seasons per player and salary cap of 93M.

Names in red are on their third seasons

F: Neal, Kadri, Hodgson, Backstrom, Conacher, Ribeiro, Hall, Zetterberg, Patrick Kane, Tavares, Kessel, Duchene
    D: Boyle, Kronwall, Pietrangelo, Subban, Weber, OEL
    G: Smith, Howard
    B: Tarasenko, Muzzin,Enstrom, Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by ocossette View Post
    Yeah sorry I'm french
    lol that's ok. We got it
    Yahoo Full keeper Dynasty League | 20 Teams, 4C 4LW 4RW 6D 2G 3BN |
    Categories: (G A +- PPP PIM FOW SOG HITS BLK | W SV GAA SV% SHO)
    C - Monahan, Kadri, Barzal, Dubois
    LW - Marchand, Benn,
    Guentzel, Kreider
    RW - Laine, DeBrincat, Fischer, Tuch
    D - Karlsson, Muzzin, Niskanen, Skjei, Matheson, Forbort
    G - Bishop, Lehner
    BN - Jankowski, Perlini
    Farm
    C - Norris
    RW - Kyrou
    D -
    Brannstrom
    G - Gillies

Dobber Sports All-Star

Yeah sorry I'm french
    Don't worry, I'm drunk and for some reason, it made sense to me
    10 Team Yahoo H2H - Keep 5 - G,A,+/-,PPP,PIMS,HITS SOG,GWG/W,GAA,SV%,SO
    C: Tavares, Pavelski, Fabbri, Matthews, Rakell,
    LW: Landeskog, Sedin, Perron
    RW: Kucherov, Oshie, Radulov, Backes
    D: Subban, Petry, Gostisbehere, Green, Yandle, Werenski
    G: Price, Talbot

Canadian Dad Blog - http://canadiandad.com

Dobber Sports Ninja

P.S. It's offical, he has a commotion.
    lol, I love your slight word mix up. Knew what you meant right away, but +1 for making me smile!

Pacioretty HAS a concussion, but this incident certainly has CAUSED quite a commotion!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I posted a poll to get your opinion into stats:

http://www.dobberhockey.com/index.ph...ad.php&t=99536

P.S. Thanks for the explanation Mr. Comish because now I was going to tell concussion every time (and the rep too).
    Last edited by ocossette; March 8, 2011 at 11:31 PM.
    6 teams, keeper, 12 Forwards, 6 Dmen, 2 Goalies and 5 Benched.
    Points only (2 for goals by Dmen)
    Limit of 3 seasons per player and salary cap of 93M.

Names in red are on their third seasons

F: Neal, Kadri, Hodgson, Backstrom, Conacher, Ribeiro, Hall, Zetterberg, Patrick Kane, Tavares, Kessel, Duchene
    D: Boyle, Kronwall, Pietrangelo, Subban, Weber, OEL
    G: Smith, Howard
    B: Tarasenko, Muzzin,Enstrom, Bobrovsky

The Great One

That is a tough call. I hate the result for certain, but if the turn-buckle wasn't there I am convinced Chara wouldn't have even received a penalty on the play. The puck was gone, but only by a second or so. We've seen guys finish hits, especially rubbing guys into the boards, long after the puck is gone and there is normally no penalty. Maybe, at best, we sometimes see an interference call

I feel real bad for the injured player, but I don't think Chara will be suspended at all.

But, one factor working against Chara is the history between the two players (going back to their previous game against each other).

I hope Pacioretty will be ok.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Oh hey look, other people don't think it's a dirty hit:

TSNBobMcKenzie Bob McKenzie
    As for Chara hit, first reaction, subject to review, is that it wasn't an overly dirty or malcious hit. Interference? Yes. Terrible result.

Glass/boards configuration exacerbated it in big way. Started as a simple tho late rub out with bad consequences.

adater adater
    Any other place in rink, Chara's hit on Pacioretty is clean and nothing happens. Not his fault turnbuckle was right there suddenly.

Wait a minute, the puck wasn't loooong gone. It was only gone for a half second and Chara finishing off the play. Hard hit but not dirty imo

and Milbury also agreed that it wasn't overly dirty
    you lose credibility using Milbury on your side
    God bless us,everyone of us!

Banned

Oh hey look, other people don't think it's a dirty hit:

TSNBobMcKenzie Bob McKenzie
    As for Chara hit, first reaction, subject to review, is that it wasn't an overly dirty or malcious hit. Interference? Yes. Terrible result.

Glass/boards configuration exacerbated it in big way. Started as a simple tho late rub out with bad consequences.

adater adater
    Any other place in rink, Chara's hit on Pacioretty is clean and nothing happens. Not his fault turnbuckle was right there suddenly.

Wait a minute, the puck wasn't loooong gone. It was only gone for a half second and Chara finishing off the play. Hard hit but not dirty imo

and Milbury also agreed that it wasn't overly dirty
    I've said it before but it bears repeating, the day I give a flying f?ck what that fat oaf McKenzie has to say about anything related to the Habs will be a VERY cold day in hell, he's the epitome of a Leafs homer and has zero credibility with regards to anything related to them...if this were Kessel he'd be screaming bloody murder

And Milbury???? are you serious? Milbury??? You're an idiot if that's what you're trying to use as a reputable source.

Why is it that whenever a hockey player demonstrates incredible awareness and coordination on the ice, be it tipping a slapshot into the top corner or feathering a saucer pass over 3 sticks or undressing a defenseman everyone celebrates their skill and agility and talent and acute hyper-awareness on the ice... but when some a$$hole like Chara throws a dirty hit that could easily end a career everyone is full of excuses about how he 'wasn't aware of the situation, the glass, the angle, or was unable to change his trajectory and avoid inflicting the injury'? I'm sorry that's a real lame duck excuse. The bottom line here is that this Chara had a chip on his shoulder against Patches, he saw an opportunity to punish him and he took it to its ultimate conclusion with no regard for the consequences. The puck is gone long before the hit, he shouldn't have been hitting him like that period, but had he even an ounce of respect for his opponent he could simply have hit him and took him out of the play without major injury...he chose not to, he chose to be an a$$hole and punish him. Did he mean for it to be THAT brutal a hit? I dunno, possibly not, but he wanted to hurt him, I think that part is clear... watch the video closely, Chara almost rears back that left arm just before contact to get the necessary leverage to push Patches head and upper body such that he slams into the stanchion. There's just no need of that on the play at all, especially not down 4-0 on a meaningless play...the whole thing could easily have been avoided.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

RDS.ca has some pretty good angles of the ht: http://www.rds.ca/

It looks like Chara is aware of the structure of the boards and intentionally guides him with force into the stanchion. We've seen players try to do this over and over again, like when Koci crushed Nystrom: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rs2CkEsTUnU. This time the result was much worse.

I guess a suspension is debatable, but the idea that players have no respect for each other seems less and less debatable as the seasons go by.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

It was Paciorettys speed that made the hit so brutal..the speed that he gained because he managed to clear the puck BY Chara which means Chara should have f#%ked off and let him by for their 5th goal while he tries to catch up but no he throws the late shove. Yes it was barely a push but he shouldn't have thrown it, it WAS a penalty, and the outcome looks pretty severe. Looking at these guys history makes it look even worse for Chara.. I don't think Chara is a dirty player but this hit didn't need to happen. Pacioretty had him beat and it could have just been left at that. Lets see how long the kid is out for now but this year is looking ugly for the NHL. Lots of crap going on and they can't do anything about it
    1 year:
    Player stats: G, A, PMs, SOGs
    Goalie stats: SV, GA, W, SO

Forwards: D. Sedin, E. Staal, Vanek, Hall, Bergeron, Marchand, Lupul, Clarkson, Voracek, Tanguay, Stepan, Ryder
    Defence: Chara, Boyle,
    Goalies: Rask, Miller, Khubodin, Peters
    IR

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    I've said it before but it bears repeating, the day I give a flying f?ck what that fat oaf McKenzie has to say about anything related to the Habs will be a VERY cold day in hell, he's the epitome of a Leafs homer and has zero credibility with regards to anything related to them...if this were Kessel he'd be screaming bloody murder

And Milbury???? are you serious? Milbury??? You're an idiot if that's what you're trying to use as a reputable source.

Why is it that whenever a hockey player demonstrates incredible awareness and coordination on the ice, be it tipping a slapshot into the top corner or feathering a saucer pass over 3 sticks or undressing a defenseman everyone celebrates their skill and agility and talent and acute hyper-awareness on the ice... but when some a$$hole like Chara throws a dirty hit that could easily end a career everyone is full of excuses about how he 'wasn't aware of the situation, the glass, the angle, or was unable to change his trajectory and avoid inflicting the injury'? I'm sorry that's a real lame duck excuse. The bottom line here is that this Chara had a chip on his shoulder against Patches, he saw an opportunity to punish him and he took it to its ultimate conclusion with no regard for the consequences. The puck is gone long before the hit, he shouldn't have been hitting him like that period, but had he even an ounce of respect for his opponent he could simply have hit him and took him out of the play without major injury...he chose not to, he chose to be an a$$hole and punish him. Did he mean for it to be THAT brutal a hit? I dunno, possibly not, but he wanted to hurt him, I think that part is clear... watch the video closely, Chara almost rears back that left arm just before contact to get the necessary leverage to push Patches head and upper body such that he slams into the stanchion. There's just no need of that on the play at all, especially not down 4-0 on a meaningless play...the whole thing could easily have been avoided.
    Oh I'm sorry, what happened to your disrespectful comments about me getting bent?

McKenzie is the farthest thing from being a homer. He has no biases unlike yourself and the other Habs fans who are so emotional over this hit. Also, the fact that you think Chara, one of the nicer guys in the league, is an ******* is hilarious.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Yea just watched it. That was awful. Reminded me of JJ on Smyth a few years ago...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjb9X...eature=related

Dobber Sports Veteran

There seemed to be some intent, or at the least a bit of recklessness. I think 3 to 5 games is fair, all things considered.
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne

Dobber Sports Veteran

In a split second you're probably not even thinking what's around you. You think he's got time to even remember that the stantion is there if he's focused on hitting Pacioretty?
    Thats just you giving benefit of the doubt. Its your right...

No way in my mind do I believe for one second that he didn't know that was coming.

He had a mad on. And you know as well as I do fromt he days of Chara playing with the sens that when he gets a mad on he gets it done.
    REDRUM
    -roto - 10 team - keep 20 of 24 - G, A, PTS, +/-, PIM, PPG, PPA, W, SV, SV%

C - Nathan MacKinnon, Aleksander Barkov, Nick Bjugstad, Jonathon Huberdeau
    LW - Evander Kane, Jaden Schwartz, Brayden Schenn, Chris Kreider, Jonathon Drouin, Sven Baertchi
    RW - Kyle Okposo, Valeri Nichushkin, Gustav Nyquist, Chris Stewart
    D - Oliver Ekman Larsson, Dougie Hamilton, Viktor Hedman, Kevin Shattenkirk, Erik Johnson
    G - Jonathon Bernier, Sergei Bobrovsky, Darcy Kuemper, Robin Lehner

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    Why is it that whenever a hockey player demonstrates incredible awareness and coordination on the ice, be it tipping a slapshot into the top corner or feathering a saucer pass over 3 sticks or undressing a defenseman everyone celebrates their skill and agility and talent and acute hyper-awareness on the ice... but when some a$$hole like Chara throws a dirty hit that could easily end a career everyone is full of excuses about how he 'wasn't aware of the situation, the glass, the angle, or was unable to change his trajectory and avoid inflicting the injury'?
    Thats one of the best comparisons I have read on these boards in a long time.

Nice very nice....
    REDRUM
    -roto - 10 team - keep 20 of 24 - G, A, PTS, +/-, PIM, PPG, PPA, W, SV, SV%

C - Nathan MacKinnon, Aleksander Barkov, Nick Bjugstad, Jonathon Huberdeau
    LW - Evander Kane, Jaden Schwartz, Brayden Schenn, Chris Kreider, Jonathon Drouin, Sven Baertchi
    RW - Kyle Okposo, Valeri Nichushkin, Gustav Nyquist, Chris Stewart
    D - Oliver Ekman Larsson, Dougie Hamilton, Viktor Hedman, Kevin Shattenkirk, Erik Johnson
    G - Jonathon Bernier, Sergei Bobrovsky, Darcy Kuemper, Robin Lehner