Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Pacioretty leaves game on a stretcher

Administrator

Default Pacioretty leaves game on a stretcher

Does not look good. Looked out of it for a while. Very irresponsible hit by Chara, who is ejected from the game. It was not an intent to kill but the puck was long gone and he followed through with the hit.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Does not look good. Looked out of it for a while. Very irresponsible hit by Chara, who is ejected from the game.
    damnit it all to hell, chalk up another of my guys out due to injury, this is getting ****ing ridiculous, why cant I catch even a little break?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Awful. Boston fans in Bell Centre must feel small in their shorts.

*french swears

Quote from Montreal Canadiens' President: "...Disgusting!"
    Keeper league H2H weekly (12 teams, 22P, 12K)
    9 Skater stats: P, G, +/-, PPG, PPP, GWG, Shots, Hits, BS -- 4 Goalie stats: W, SO, Save%, GAA%
    C: Dubois, Hischier, Patrick
    W: Rakell, Pastrnak, Ferland, Ho-Sang
    D: Dumba, Klingberg, Rielly, Klefbom
    G: Raanta, Grubauer
    Bench: Hart, C. Anderson, Kinkaid, M. Smith, Werenski, Myers, Zadina, Ferland, Ho-Sang,

Dobber Sports Ninja

Does not look good. Looked out of it for a while. Very irresponsible hit by Chara, who is ejected from the game. It was not an intent to kill but the puck was long gone and he followed through with the hit.
    Not to seem unconcerned about Pacioretty or anything, I hope he's okay...but did it look like a hit that Chara could be suspended for?
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

He is messed up for sure he hit that post full speed head first. looked none responsive after hit the ice till carried out.

Not sure about possible suspension, I would need to see replay again but first look it was pretty dirty

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by b0ndon View Post
    Not to seem unconcerned about Pacioretty or anything, I hope he's okay...but did it look like a hit that Chara could be suspended for?
    Yes. It's an illegal and careless check because the puck is long gone. If someone make a boneheaded play and the guy gets hurt he should be held accountable.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Banned

Yes. It's an illegal and careless check because the puck is long gone. If someone make a boneheaded play and the guy gets hurt he should be held accountable.
    except...he's Zdeno Chara, a star to his team so the league will either do nothing or at best issue him a token suspension

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by b0ndon View Post
    Full speed hit on the side boards where there was no glass.

Really?
    Keeper league H2H weekly (12 teams, 22P, 12K)
    9 Skater stats: P, G, +/-, PPG, PPP, GWG, Shots, Hits, BS -- 4 Goalie stats: W, SO, Save%, GAA%
    C: Dubois, Hischier, Patrick
    W: Rakell, Pastrnak, Ferland, Ho-Sang
    D: Dumba, Klingberg, Rielly, Klefbom
    G: Raanta, Grubauer
    Bench: Hart, C. Anderson, Kinkaid, M. Smith, Werenski, Myers, Zadina, Ferland, Ho-Sang,

Dobber Sports Master

as much as I dislike the Habs, you never want to see a guy leave on a stretcher. Home Max is okay. Keep us updated Eric.
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Diffusion View Post
    He is messed up for sure he hit that post full speed head first. looked none responsive after hit the ice till carried out.
    I honestly thought Pacioretty might be dead. He seemed out (unresponsive was a good choice of words) after quite some time. This has to have serious implications for Pacioretty, no way he comes back this year.

I'll have to take a look at exactly what Chara did, but on the one look I got at the hit, it sure looked like Chara drove his head into the turnbuckle. If you did that on the street you are goin' ta jail. I say the NHL drags its feet on this until they find out how bad Pacioretty is hurt and then they suspend Chara (if the replays bear out he did indeed do what I think he did).

I feel kind of sick after seeing that happen.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    I honestly thought Pacioretty might be dead. He seemed out (unresponsive was a good choice of words) after quite some time. This has to have serious implications for Pacioretty, no way he comes back this year.

I'll have to take a look at exactly what Chara did, but on the one look I got at the hit, it sure looked like Chara drove his head into the turnbuckle. If you did that on the street you are goin' ta jail. I say the NHL drags its feet on this until they find out how bad Pacioretty is hurt and then they suspend Chara (if the replays bear out he did indeed do what I think he did).

I feel kind of sick after seeing that happen.
    yeah but the Bruins need Chara for their playoff run Comish, the league clearly can't suspend him for almost killing someone

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by gfunkb7 View Post
    Full speed hit on the side boards where there was no glass.

Really?
    Relax buddy, I just wanted to get an idea of the type of hit it was because I didn't get a chance to see it, and like I said I hope Pacioretty isn't seriously hurt.
    If anyone can post up a link when they can I'd appreciate it.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    he had his eyes open while on the stretcher, i think it's way too early to make any prognostications about how long he will be out.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    yeah but the Bruins need Chara for their playoff run Comish, the league clearly can't suspend him for almost killing someone
    I don't see how they can't suspend him for something like this. The late hit was definitely some form of retribution over that whole incident with Pacioretty giving Chara a little shove after he scored the game winning goal that game awhile back.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Chara spent all of last game trying to beat up Pacioretty, it's clearly intentional if we consider their historic.
    6 teams, keeper, 12 Forwards, 6 Dmen, 2 Goalies and 5 Benched.
    Points only (2 for goals by Dmen)
    Limit of 3 seasons per player and salary cap of 93M.

Names in red are on their third seasons

F: Neal, Kadri, Hodgson, Backstrom, Conacher, Ribeiro, Hall, Zetterberg, Patrick Kane, Tavares, Kessel, Duchene
    D: Boyle, Kronwall, Pietrangelo, Subban, Weber, OEL
    G: Smith, Howard
    B: Tarasenko, Muzzin,Enstrom, Bobrovsky