Page 76 of 89 FirstFirst ... 26 66 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 86 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1329

Thread: Buffalo Sabres

Default Re: Buffalo Sabres

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    lol Bomm! I'm still gonna cheer for an Edmonton upset in the lottery!!!
    jeebus Edmonton?! I understand not rooting for the good guys (), but the Oilers?? How many top firsts do they get before we take them to the back of the shed?
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    How many top firsts do they get before we take them to the back of the shed?
    Ooh, ooh, I got this one...until we get it right?

Seriously though, Sabres fans have got to really love what Murray has done this year. If you're gonna tank, tank hard...just don't follow the Oilers model (advice from an Oiler fan = priceless, am I right!?)

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Bettman is gifting McDavid and Eichel to the Sabres and Coyotes, stop throwing Edmonton and Toronto around as possible destinations.. Those teams can fight over Hanifin, Strome, and Marner..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

I'll just say this, Sabres - moving forward - will not be an easy team to play against. Their D will only get stronger, and their size is increasing. Offense will take a year or two what with the youngin's, and a move for a goalie would go a long way. But I really like what I'm seeing as far as pressure, forecheck, defensive depth.
    @SmittysRant

I love Eichel. I have no problem whatsoever drafting Eichel at #2.

But how many f@!cking turns does the Oilers organization get to get it right?! Holy shite can Katz get off of Bettman's knob and let someone else have a go...??

The Oilers...jeebus...rinse, lather, repeat.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Ninja

I'm looking forward to seeing Eichel and Evander Kane play for the Sabres. I really think Ennis will see a nice return next year.

Dobber Sports Sage

One reason I would have liked seeing McDavid in Buffalo is the large number of games that Buffalo is on NBC Sports here in the states. Even though they were awful this year they must of had 6-8 prime time matchups.

I'd like to see Buffalo turn it around. Eichel, Kane, Grigerson, Grigorenko, and that young D corp are some nice pieces.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Stud

the glass is most certainly half full in Buffalo

from the look of it they are doing a rebuild the right way

Evander Kane typifies Sabres hockey IMHO
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Titan

Eichel and E.Kane will mesh well together I think. 2 big young guys with “party-boy” personalities. They can’t get into too much trouble in Buffalo, but their same attitudes could mesh and become BFFs. Their style of play could very well make them a Western built team in the East to totally mess people up. Play style wise I think each team got what they needed, but really if Edmonton got Eichel I’d be saying the same thing.

I feel pretty bad for Eichel tho. He’s been overshadowed by an obvious talent, and the whole city of Buffalo was going for McDavid. Even after the Lottery Murray was saying how he feels bad for the city, and he’s upset he didn’t get McDavid. How about you say their excited to get such a great talent in Eichel and welcome to the city and what not. It’s like not getting Ovi, and settling with Malkin. Or Hall and Seguin. You got the 2nd best player in the last like 6 drafts combined.

But after watching those videos of Eichel wasted after the championship game saying, “Buffalo, I’m coming for ya” I don’t think this kid cares what others think. Dude exudes personal confidence. I’m excited to see this kid play, hopefully he has the drive to be THE best, and not just one of the best.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

I love Eichel, and think he'll be a great fit. I really want him to start immediately but wouldn't blame him if he wanted to play at BU for his sophomore year. I know Murray is going to try to flip that second 1st rounder.

What's the draft date this year?
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    I love Eichel, and think he'll be a great fit. I really want him to start immediately but wouldn't blame him if he wanted to play at BU for his sophomore year. I know Murray is going to try to flip that second 1st rounder.

What's the draft date this year?
    June 26-27th according to their website.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    June 26-27th according to their website.
    Thanks...lol...you'd think I would have noticed that.

So due to the results of this recent lottery, yours truly has the opportunity to own McDavid in two leagues. In my primo $$ dynasty league I am entering year two of a complete rebuild. It's a points only league where only Gs and As count. D-men are allotted 2pts per G/A. I am keeping McDavid in this league, without question.

However, in my limited keeper (8) i finished third last. I just had no consistency due to very shaky goaltending. In this league we follow the NHL draft lottery so I was paired w/Edmonton. The irony does not escape me...

Question is in this league it's G, A, Hits, PIM, and SOG. Is there a significant difference between McDavid/Eichel respective games to warrant a trade down to the #2 spot given these scoring cats?
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Tim Murray is pretty disappointing and bush league. To go full negative in his press conference after Edmonton won the lottery is straight embarrassing for Buffalo. Apologizing to Buffalo fans and talking about how disappointing this is, way to make Eichel feel welcome.

Banned

Tim Murray is a beauty.

He crossed a line, but ultimately no one cares. I certainly don't. He hates the pomp and circumstance of the event and he let that get the better of him. I get it.

Eichel will quickly get over any perceived slight.
    @SmittysRant