Page 39 of 89 FirstFirst ... 29 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 49 ... LastLast

Thread: Buffalo Sabres

Default Sabres @ Bruins - 2.24.2012

Ohhhhhhh BOY!!! This is gonna be a good one.

Last mtg Sabres made the Bruins their ball-gagged gimp with a 6-0 beat down. There is no way in hellfire the Bruins are going to stand being humiliated on their home ice by the lowly Sabres - especially after last night's game vs the Stars. [EDIT: It's a home game for the Sabres. Last time I listen to a co-worker.]

Consider this guy firmly rooted at home in front of 50" of plasma HD goodness!!

HOT DIGGITY!

[ahem]...excuse me whilst I collect myself.

So the Sabres need a win to keep [false] hope alive. No ifs, ands, nor buts about it. Trade deadline looming you can bet everyone will be on their best behavior.

Miller in net - though i might avoid this game if you have a viable alternative.

Lines look like:
    Vanek-Roy-Pominville
    Leino-Ennis-Stafford
    Gerbe-Gaustad-Kaleta
    Tropp-Ellis-Kassian

That's all for now, but I will be online throughout tonight's contest. No way in hell I am watching this from a bar stool.

See ya later....
    Last edited by Bomm Bastic; February 24, 2012 at 2:49 PM.
    @SmittysRant

Firts period done (0-0) - great hockey being played. not cheap or unnecessarily physical, juts a great back-and-forth game. Good scoring chances for both sides.

Buffs transition game looking good. Crisp passes outta the zone. Patient.

I suspect the physical play will ratchet up once a goal is registered (especially if the Sabres score first).

Corey Tropp with a great scoring opportunity. Love this kid - you're in a multicat dynasty w/a farm he should be on it. You'll thank me in two years.
    @SmittysRant

Playing the Rangers tonight; 1-0 Sabres and much feistier than the Bruins game last night.

Miller and Ennis look great, bbut despite bing up by one the stat lines don't read in Buff's favor:Sabres- 3 hits, 6 shots and 7 of 18 faceoffs won.
    @SmittysRant

Default The Deadline - 2.27.12

Darling you got to let me know
    Should I stay or should I go?
    If you say that you are mine
    I'll be here till the end of time
    So you got to let me know
    Should I stay or should I go?

-The Clash

Well, the day of reckoning is upon us. Regier had better have honed his best sales pitch, cuz if he ain't selling by day's end, he'll be run out of town by the fans (mainly me).

St Loius, Montreal, Chicago, Toronto purportedly interested in Roy. Gaustad has a dozen suitors lined up begging for him, if ya believe the media reports.

Other names being bandied about are Leopold, Gragnani, Suckera [ahem], Boyes and Stafford

One would think Regier is not interested in a rental player for a playoff push. Why? Cuz they're right up against the cap, and (theoretically) one would think Regier would have put Hecht on LTIR and Boyes on waivers as preparatory moves (ie clear some cap space). However, the deadline for waivers was Friday at noon.

Gaustad holds the most value, and IF the Sabres really wanted him for the future they could re-sign him during the off season. He becomes a UFA after this season and is rumored to be asking for a 5-6 yr deal worth $3-4 million - terms no sane team will likely pay for a third line, checking center. So it would seem wise to get an asset for Goose now, and then re-sign him if they are so compelled.

I'll be here all day.....
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    [I]
    St Loius, Montreal, Chicago, Toronto purportedly interested in Roy. Gaustad has a dozen suitors lined up begging for him, if ya believe the media reports.
    Montreal should immediately be taken off that list. SportsNet keeps insisting that Montreal has interest in Roy, and that shmo Garrioch parroted it this morning. Previously, even Dreger/TSN reported it. It makes no sense at all, and they should know better. The Habs have Plekanec/Desharnais/Eller as their top 3 centermen (yes, I have intentionally left out "The $8M Player Who Deserves Never To Be Named Again And Will Be Gone Next Year"), where does a small skilled Cman like Roy fit in? Preposterous, and it's getting annoying. Even if the (stupid) rumors of Pleks being shopped are true, it still wouldn't make sense to bring in Roy.

Chicago, now there's a fit, and even Toronto to some extent. Doubt St Louis is a fit.

So is it true Regier is demanding a 1st rounder in exchange for Gaustad? If so, what a dreamer...

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    Montreal should immediately be taken off that list. SportsNet keeps insisting that Montreal has interest in Roy, and that shmo Garrioch parroted it this morning. Previously, even Dreger/TSN reported it. It makes no sense at all, and they should know better. The Habs have Plekanec/Desharnais/Eller as their top 3 centermen (yes, I have intentionally left out "The $8M Player Who Deserves Never To Be Named Again And Will Be Gone Next Year"), where does a small skilled Cman like Roy fit in? Preposterous, and it's getting annoying. Even if the (stupid) rumors of Pleks being shopped are true, it still wouldn't make sense to bring in Roy.

Chicago, now there's a fit, and even Toronto to some extent. Doubt St Louis is a fit.

So is it true Regier is demanding a 1st rounder in exchange for Gaustad? If so, what a dreamer...
    Agreed. I would be surprised were Regier to trade anyone, let alone Roy or Gaustad, to a division opponent.

And no, Regier is not holding out for a first for Gaustad - he's just not showing his hand either. That said, today is the day teams make haste and consequently overpay. I could see Gaustad going for a second rounder, despite that also being an overpay for a checking line center.
    Last edited by Bomm Bastic; February 27, 2012 at 9:24 AM.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Icon

Agreed. I would be surprised were Regier to trade anyone, let alone Roy or Gaustad, to a division opponent.

And no, Regier is not holding out for a first for Gaustad - he's just not showing his hand either. That said, today is the day teams make haste and consequently overpay. I could see Gaustad going for a second rounder, despite that also being an overpay for a checking line center.

I think Gaustad could easily fetch a 2nd rounder. Look at what guys like Moore and Malhotra have fetched at trade deadline over the years. He is a big strong checking line guy with faceoff ability, the kind of stuff that interests playoff-bound GMs (although short of making them salivate).

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

I think Gaustad could easily fetch a 2nd rounder. Look at what guys like Moore and Malhotra have fetched at trade deadline over the years. He is a big strong checking line guy with faceoff ability, the kind of stuff that interests playoff-bound GMs (although short of making them salivate).
    His value is also high due to it being a sellers market. With so many teams still in contention not many want to risk unnecessarily messing with their product.
    @SmittysRant

Sabres just took to the ice for their morning skate - Gaustad is on the ice. Diametrically opposed rumors concerning Gaustad/Red Wings.

Doubt Det would give up a first, and not sure any of their forward prospects are at a developmental level within Regier's [assumed] range.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Icon

Told you Gaustad would fetch a good return, they got a swap of 1st for 4th for him. Pretty damn solid.

Dobber Sports Guru

Told you Gaustad would fetch a good return, they got a swap of 1st for 4th for him. Pretty damn solid.
    You also told that Regier is a dreamer demanding 1st rounder for Gaustad Apparently Darcy's dreams come true.
    UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

24 Team Fantrax Salary Cap H2H Dynasty League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    , Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    23 Man Roster - 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 1G, 4BN, 4IR
    27 Man Minor Team

C-
    Tavares, Stepan, Granlund, Bjugstad, Couturier
    LW- Ryan, Perron, Ennis, Killorn, Spaling
    RW-
    Wheeler, Simmonds, Coyle, Wingels, Shaw
    D-
    JJ, Schultz, Cowen, Muzzin, Bortuzzo, Stanton
    G- Lehtonen, Rämö

F: Lehterä, Wennberg,
    McNeill, de la Rose, Fast, Leivo, Arnold, Archibald, Lindström
    D: Gelinas, Beaulieu, Koekkoek, McCabe, Johns, Gryba
    G: Berra, Talbot, Brossoit, Ullmark, Lieuwen, Rynnäs

*UHL Champion 2014*

Regier on now...

• Had he not gotten a first rounder. They would have kept Gaustad till term
    • Hodgson to provide (ideally) instant offensive boost
    • Foligno and McNabb to fill "toughness" role eventually. Skill level is what's needed and more important at this point.
    • Tops centers very tough to find. Hodgson nice fit with Ennis, Myers and younger kids.
    • Calls on Roy were minor compared to Gaustad - probably due to contract situation.
    • Not much action overall till hour and half from deadline.
    • Long term a very good day.
    • Hecht is on LTIR
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Carcillo View Post
    You also told that Regier is a dreamer demanding 1st rounder for Gaustad Apparently Darcy's dreams come true.
    Touche!

That's true, Darcy did a pretty good job here finangling a 1st, job well done.

Moving Grags makes room for a much tougher McNabb. The window on buying low on this kid is closing.

Kassian had a lot of issues in Rochester re his toughness. Not consistent not always willing to use his body. For a kid purportedly gunning for a fulltime roster spot, he had a funny way of showing it. ya don't teach toughness...you're either willing or not.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Sage

Moving Grags makes room for a much tougher McNabb. The window on buying low on this kid is closing.

Kassian had a lot of issues in Rochester re his toughness. Not consistent not always willing to use his body. For a kid purportedly gunning for a fulltime roster spot, he had a funny way of showing it. ya don't teach toughness...you're either willing or not.
    Not what I wanna hear, bomm. Stop it. We don't new Taylor Pyatt 2.0
    10tm Dynasty Lg - $96M CAP
    G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO

C: Barkov, Eichel, McDavid
    RW: P. Kane, Okposo
    LW: E. Kane, Couture
    D: Subban, Byfuglien, Faulk, Vatanen, Morgan Reilly
    G: Schneider, Gibson/Andersen
    UTIL: Kuznetsov, Kadri, Little, Stone

Farm
    D: J. Schultz, Sekera, Hanifin, Hamonic
    F: Spooner, Silfverberg, Konecny, Roussell