Page 36 of 89 FirstFirst ... 26 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 46 86 ... LastLast

Thread: Buffalo Sabres

Dobber Sports Master

Ya, the Leafs are out-skating the Sabres right now.

Sabres having a better 2nd though.
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel

Quote Originally Posted by TK12555 View Post
    Ya, the Leafs are out-skating the Sabres right now.

Sabres having a better 2nd though.
    Second got fun at the ten min mark. Still they make a hanit out of thos slow starts and for a team that cant score more the twice a game, that ain't a wise strategy.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Master

Rematch on Friday. Bring your A Game.
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel

Quote Originally Posted by TK12555 View Post
    Rematch on Friday. Bring your A Game.
    That was our A-game [sigh]....

Sabres were mostly incapable of any forecheck, eliminating any possibility of a sustained presence or pressure in front of Gustav-Lurch-Son.

Also...and this has absolutely no bearing on the outcome of the game, but offered as merely an observation....actually, let me pose it as a question to you TK.

What did you make of that Kaleta boarding penalty? He had similar one called on him versus Carolina. I thought both were bunk calls, like to get your perspective

Now I am by no means a Kaleta apologist...far from it. His rep as a cheap player is well earned, and he's oft guilty giving up position to make an unnecessary hit.

That said, if the Refs have him under a microscope rendering him incapable of playing his physical style....???? Well, if he can't hit a guy he's no good. That's my point.

That's all for now...
    @SmittysRant

Default News & Notes - 1.11.2012

Not gonna rehash last night's game; you can get a feel for that by looking at previous posts.

I will say the local media has finally begun to enter the Bargaining stage of the 5 Stages of Grief. This is good because they wallowed in the Anger phase just a tich too long IMO.

Remember my emails to them some weeks back suggesting if the Sabres were going to win a Cup they needed to drop Ruff (probably Regier too). Oh the hell fire and brimstone I caught for suggesting that. Now they're beginning to at least accept that may be a possibility while attempting to still pose trade scenarios that could save his job yet. Baby steps....

My sincere apologies to all those who followed my advice from last week and started their Sabres players this week after I foretold of a great and wonderful winning streak (to have begun no later than yesterday). I was wrong.

Reports are Ducks GM, Murray is coming out East again for a little scouting adventure. Here's hoping Stafford, Roy and Hecht all stow away in his suitcase for his return trip back to Anaheim.

Practice report....

Vanek did not practice today, but still no indication that his issue last night was anything other than food poisoning. I will monitor and post any updates accordingly.

Lines at practice today:
    Adam-Hecht-Pominville
    Gerbe-Roy-Stafford
    Boyes-Leino-McCormick
    Ellis-Gaustad-Kaleta

Ehrhoff practiced (non-contact)

That's all folks....
    @SmittysRant

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Not gonna rehash last night's game; you can get a feel for that by looking at previous posts.

I will say the local media has finally begun to enter the Bargaining stage of the 5 Stages of Grief. This is good because they wallowed in the Anger phase just a tich too long IMO.

Remember my emails to them some weeks back suggesting if the Sabres were going to win a Cup they needed to drop Ruff (probably Regier too). Oh the hell fire and brimstone I caught for suggesting that. Now they're beginning to at least accept that may be a possibility while attempting to still pose trade scenarios that could save his job yet. Baby steps....

My sincere apologies to all those who followed my advice from last week and started their Sabres players this week after I foretold of a great and wonderful winning streak (to have begun no later than yesterday). I was wrong.

Reports are Ducks GM, Murray is coming out East again for a little scouting adventure. Here's hoping Stafford, Roy and Hecht all stow away in his suitcase for his return trip back to Anaheim.

Practice report....

Vanek did not practice today, but still no indication that his issue last night was anything other than food poisoning. I will monitor and post any updates accordingly.

Lines at practice today:
    Adam-Hecht-Pominville
    Gerbe-Roy-Stafford
    Boyes-Leino-McCormick
    Ellis-Gaustad-Kaleta

Ehrhoff practiced (non-contact)

That's all folks....
    so does that mean, Roy is good to go ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    so does that mean, Roy is good to go ?
    Man Dutch.....fantasy-wise he's a 50 pointer with limited upside and periphs (shots mainly). He's no keeper but depends on your league set up and depth.

I still say wait till he hits a spurt and then sell faster than you can say "crosby has a concussion"
    @SmittysRant

Banned

Man Dutch.....fantasy-wise he's a 50 pointer with limited upside and periphs (shots mainly). He's no keeper but depends on your league set up and depth.

I still say wait till he hits a spurt and then sell faster than you can say "crosby has a concussion"
    haha yeah I hear you on that one, but what I meant is, is he going to be playing again? (looking at the practice lines)

or is he still out

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    haha yeah I hear you on that one, but what I meant is, is he going to be playing again? (looking at the practice lines)

or is he still out
    Oh no, signs are pointing to him returning to the line up by Friday, Not confirmed yet, mind you, but he practiced in full today.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Master

What did you make of that Kaleta boarding penalty? He had similar one called on him versus Carolina. I thought both were bunk calls, like to get your perspective
    I looked at it multiple times, and I think that was a 50/50 call. Kaleta did take a couple steps and hit him somewhat high and left his feet. Was it a clear cut charge? No. Only reason it was high is because Grabo's pretty short, so the point of contact was fine. But I think the fact that he got some strides in was the reason he got the penalty.

That call isn't made every time, and Kaleta is one of those guys that will get called for that, because it was on the edge. We got our revenge though, Kuleeeee

Default Leafs @ Sabres - 1.13.2012

The second of a home-in-home series. Can't really elaborate, cuz I'm pretty crazy at work. Here's the lines at practice this morning:

Vanek-Hecht-Pominville
    Stafford-Roy-Gerbe
    Adam-Boyes-Leino
    Ellis-Gaustad-Kaleta

Ehrhoff and Sekera are still designated 'no contact' so it'll be a while yet for their return. Haven't heard anything re Ennis.

Miller in net, I have to believe.

That's all for now. Sorry for the brevity, but, really, what more can say that hasn't already been said.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Ninja

Seeing Hecht on that top line makes me want to scream.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Quote Originally Posted by b0ndon View Post
    Seeing Hecht on that top line makes me want to scream.
    Agreed. Ruff needs to put Adam up there or send him back to Rochester. Ruff demoted him due to his poor defensive play, but...IMO....he's not going to improve by limiting his ice time and sticking him on a third line w/Boyes.

He can learn more by being on a line with Vanek and Pominville and they're responsible enough to mentor him and cover for his lapses.

Let the kid learn from the right players.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Monster

Some strong frusteration spoken by Miller tonight.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...042859708.html

Dobber Sports Immortal

Good for him for sticking around tonight and still talking to the media. He is right though, a trade likely won't change this massive funk. Although.....we could finally see Lindy's reign end.