Page 34 of 89 FirstFirst ... 24 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 44 84 ... LastLast

Thread: Buffalo Sabres

Administrator

Hey Bomm! Scale of 1-10 what is your level of confidence in a win tonight with 1 being Gaustad's confidence level going into that Lucic fight and 10 being Ville Leino's agent's confidence that he could sell water to a drowning man?
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Hey Bomm! Scale of 1-10 what is your level of confidence in a win tonight with 1 being Gaustad's confidence level going into that Lucic fight and 10 being Ville Leino's agent's confidence that he could sell water to a drowning man?
    MD, so glad you asked.

Uhhhh....more confident than I would be sending my kid to Danny Heatley's School of Driving, but not nearly as confident as George Parros' mustache.

To quantify, 6.5.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Star

already losing

MD26....0.00% chance they win tonight.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Ninja

I hate Derek Roy so much right now. He better be worth it in the second half
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Quote Originally Posted by b0ndon View Post
    Same shit, different year. As I've previously stated, I've seen this movie before.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by b0ndon View Post
    I benched him for that game, but have him going tonight - here's hoping.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Same shit, different year. As I've previously stated, I've seen this movie before.
    My team is doing pretty good, considering Roy, Zetts and Carter are taking turns sucking on the exhaust pipe.

Default Senators @ Sabres - 12.31.2011

[sigh]

With Ehrhoff deciding to wax pugilistic last night versus the Caps, he is the latest recipient of the famed UBI Award. Ehroff will now join Myers and Sekera on the IR. TJ Brennan has been re-called.

Everyone must be taking the day off cuz I can't find any confirmation on lines, starters....that sorta thing.

My hunch - Enroth starts, w/Miller having started the previous eight.

Gerbe is very close to returning and will be a game time decision.

That's about all I got...sorry.

In other news the Sabres have signed Jerome Gauthier-Leduc to a three year ELC. Should be another quality prospect coming up through the ranks over the next few years.

A statistical analysis on Ruff-coached teams:
    http://www.diebytheblade.com/2011/12...-coached-teams

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!
    @SmittysRant

Default Oilers @ Sabres - 1.03.2012

[sniff-sniff].....Ahhhhh, nothing like the smell of a brand new year and the wafting expectations it brings forth.

Yeah. All I'm hearing is the same cliched responses from the coach and the players: ...we have to finish our chances; ...the players need to work on finishing their chances; ...we create chances but it's up to us to finish them; ...I think the effort is there we just need to finish our chances.

ENOUGH!

If the Sabres have the solution, the answer to the aged riddle, the solution to the ever perplexing conundrum that continually vexes the organization year-in/year/out....then just implement it. Finish.

Stop using it as a f-ing sound bite, day-in/day-out and just....for the love of St. Jude....finish!

Whatever the hell that means anyway. Oh, and for the bloody record, I submit if you're not finishing then the effort is NOT there. Plain and simple.

Lines at practice this morning:

Vanek-Roy-Kassian/Pommer
    Stafford-Adam-Boyes
    Ellis-Gaustad-Kaleta
    Gerbe-Hecht-McCormick

• Miller (mind f***ed) gets the start
    • Despite not practicing, Ruff believes Pominville (flu) will play but....
    • Leino (busted foot) is practicing - no time table yet
    • Myers (wrist) is due for another CAT today. Both he and Ennis (ankle redux) are practicing and are close. In fact, Ruff stated it's up to Ennis as to when he returns.
    • Roy has two goals in last 21 games - apparently he needs to finish
    • Boyes practiced but is questionable, but who cares....really.

I'm playing against Miller and have Hall and Eberle rolling for me this week in my $$$ dynasty league, so now watch....after all my whining the Sabres crush the Oilers and Miller registers a shutout.

Know why? Cuz karma knows how to finish!
    @SmittysRant

Administrator

Bomm, my confidence level in the Oilers tonight is caught somewhere between having Khabibulin as my DD and having DD try to play the puck outside his own crease. Call it a 3/10. How confident are you in the Sabres?
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

The Magnificent One

Well I'm playing against the gm who has pommer, roy, and miller so expect pommer to be in and do well and miller as well. My team has a way of waking up sleeping giants.

Not going to be fun. But I do hope the trend continues that they don't do well.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Quote Originally Posted by newper114 View Post
    Well I'm playing against the gm who has pommer, roy, and miller so expect pommer to be in and do well and miller as well. My team has a way of waking up sleeping giants.

Not going to be fun. But I do hope the trend continues that they don't do well.
    Yeah mine too, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Bomm, my confidence level in the Oilers tonight is caught somewhere between having Khabibulin as my DD and having DD try to play the puck outside his own crease. Call it a 3/10. How confident are you in the Sabres?
    Well, certainly more confident then the Blue Jackets on the power play, but no where near the level of confidence Sean Avery feels in a Victoria Secret push-up bra.

RNH being out, I'm shootin' for the moon and give the Sabres a 5 out of 10.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Initiate

Now that Tim Connolly is gone it seems Sabre fans have turnned their animosity towards Derek Roy. I guess Roy is the new wipping boy for what is wrong with the Sabres.

Quote Originally Posted by kbooks View Post
    Now that Tim Connolly is gone it seems Sabre fans have turnned their animosity towards Derek Roy. I guess Roy is the new wipping boy for what is wrong with the Sabres.
    Not at all, actually. Connolly, Roy, and Stafford have all taken a lot of heat in years past (especially last year)for their lack of production come playoff time, and an overall inability to step up when needed (ie, reliability).

Nothing's changed.
    @SmittysRant