Page 7 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 17 57 ... LastLast

Thread: Vancouver Canucks

Dobber Sports Sage

Important news for daily leagues and Luongo owners. Cory Schneider will be getting the start Saturday night in Calgary. Adjust your Yahoo H2H starting lineup accordingly! I probably don't recommend starting him as Calgary has been playing some big games lately, but if ya need the start then I wouldn't hesitate.

Edler did look good last night. If he is playing this well already I have no worries for the third round

Stoked for a completely healthy defense. Ballard-Salo as my bottom pairing D? Yes, please.

Huge night for Kesler last night. Hatty, and not on an empty netter either. That wrist shot from that far out is a killer, and to pot two of those in a night is a testament to the work he has done on it. If I was a Kesler owner (oh wait I am) I would be (I am) thinking about selling high on him. It's just too hard to do, though. His work ethic is second to none and those are the players you can count on to consistently produce, as long as the skillset is there. It is now, so I wouldn't trade him based on the thought that he won't continue to produce. Do I think he'll score 40 goals every year? No. I do think that he will be in between the 30-40 goal range each year, though. I expect Kesler to be a 30 goal, 40 assist man with good SOG totals and 60+ PIM. Those PIM can reach the 100+ mark in a "good" year, but those will be few and far between as he's toned that part of his game down. Only way I would trade him was if someone overpaid or I needed to address a specific category or position and got fair value. Be happy if you're a Kesler owner. This team is destined to score lot's of goals for the next 4 years.
    10tm Dynasty Lg - $96M CAP
    G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO

C: Barkov, Eichel, McDavid
    RW: P. Kane, Okposo
    LW: E. Kane, Couture
    D: Subban, Byfuglien, Faulk, Vatanen, Morgan Reilly
    G: Schneider, Gibson/Andersen
    UTIL: Kuznetsov, Kadri, Little, Stone

Farm
    D: J. Schultz, Sekera, Hanifin, Hamonic
    F: Spooner, Silfverberg, Konecny, Roussell
    G: F. Andersen/Gibson, Mason, Ward, Anderson

Prospect:
    F - D Strome, Burakovsky, Raantanen, Bjorkstrand
    D - Ryan Murphy

Dobber Sports Sage

Dan Hamhuis is playing tonight! For the first time this season Vancouver will have it's top six D in the lineup. Exciting day.

Farm

Prospect:
    D - Ryan Murphy

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by ridinryan44 View Post
    Dan Hamhuis is playing tonight! For the first time this season Vancouver will have it's top six D in the lineup. Exciting day.
    Goosebumps....hehehe

Lets seriously just cross our fingers that nothing happens to one of them tonight. The way the season has gone it would not surprise me one bit...

Edit:

Holy **** I almost crapped my pants when i saw Kesler go into the boards last night....it looked so awkward and probably could have turned out so much worse than it was. Just hope they can evaluate it and make sure he's okay, as good as the Sedins are, Kesler has quickly become my favourite Canuck. Just the way he contributes in all aspects of the game night in and night out, they definitely need him at 100% if they are hoping to win the cup this year.
    Also as Kevin Weekes said last night, they had to be smarter out there. "Live to play another day" was what Weekes kept repeating, and I fully agree. While I don't think its okay to just take abuse from the other team, guys like Samuelsson and Burrows were actively engaging some of the Flames players, and to me that's the kind of boneheaded s**t this team could do without.
    Mind you I think they were overplaying Hank's slash. It looked to me like Hank thought that Kostopoulous was about to make a run at him and went for a preemptive hack.

Lapierre looked pretty good out there last night too. Glad that he jumped in there for Rome. Even managed to get a bit of a breakaway but I think he was so surprised that he got one that he had no idea what to do with it because he looked stupid on his deke move lol.
    My brother is of the opinion that a 4th line of Rome-Lapierre-Glass may actually be wise for the team. I can't say I disagree to be honest, it gives them some flexibility in case a defenseman (or 3) goes down during the playoffs, and Rome is pretty good at throwing some big hits and providing some energy. Actually makes me laugh a bit because I think that line would be a serious troll line in the playoffs lol.
    Last edited by bondon; April 10, 2011 at 1:24 PM.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by b0ndon View Post
    Goosebumps....hehehe

Lets seriously just cross our fingers that nothing happens to one of them tonight. The way the season has gone it would not surprise me one bit...

Edit:

Holy **** I almost crapped my pants when i saw Kesler go into the boards last night....it looked so awkward and probably could have turned out so much worse than it was. Just hope they can evaluate it and make sure he's okay, as good as the Sedins are, Kesler has quickly become my favourite Canuck. Just the way he contributes in all aspects of the game night in and night out, they definitely need him at 100% if they are hoping to win the cup this year.
    Also as Kevin Weekes said last night, they had to be smarter out there. "Live to play another day" was what Weekes kept repeating, and I fully agree. While I don't think its okay to just take abuse from the other team, guys like Samuelsson and Burrows were actively engaging some of the Flames players, and to me that's the kind of boneheaded s**t this team could do without.
    Mind you I think they were overplaying Hank's slash. It looked to me like Hank thought that Kostopoulous was about to make a run at him and went for a preemptive hack.

Lapierre looked pretty good out there last night too. Glad that he jumped in there for Rome. Even managed to get a bit of a breakaway but I think he was so surprised that he got one that he had no idea what to do with it because he looked stupid on his deke move lol.
    My brother is of the opinion that a 4th line of Rome-Lapierre-Glass may actually be wise for the team. I can't say I disagree to be honest, it gives them some flexibility in case a defenseman (or 3) goes down during the playoffs, and Rome is pretty good at throwing some big hits and providing some energy. Actually makes me laugh a bit because I think that line would be a serious troll line in the playoffs lol.
    Bieksa was hilarious in his interviews in the last few days. He's really enjoying playing hockey right now and that bodes well for the team. He made some jokes on how often Kesler leaves the ice with an "injury" and it's so accurate. I swear that at least twice a game Kesler hits the bench hobbled from a blocked shot or big hit. His style of play will create injuries, and I think he's been lucky to have stayed so healthy!

Farm

Prospect:
    D - Ryan Murphy

Dobber Sports Ninja

Bieksa was hilarious in his interviews in the last few days. He's really enjoying playing hockey right now and that bodes well for the team. He made some jokes on how often Kesler leaves the ice with an "injury" and it's so accurate. I swear that at least twice a game Kesler hits the bench hobbled from a blocked shot or big hit. His style of play will create injuries, and I think he's been lucky to have stayed so healthy!
    That interview with Bieksa on Saturday after the first period was hilarious. I think he accidentally hit the camera with his stick and his response was "Man that's the first hit I've thrown so far tonight..."

He's a good guy... real warrior out there, I hope they re-sign him. Just as long as he keeps doing what he's doing now and doesn't make any bonehead mistakes.

Dobber Sports Sage

Big day and big test for Vancouver tonight at home. They should come out flying as the energy in the building should be enough to power the entire city for the night. Vancouver has something to prove and they won't be holding back at all. Look for Oreskovich and Glass to run around hitting everything in sight early on. Setting the tone for a physical series that Vancouver can now be a part of now that Chicago has lost it's biggest bodies in the off-season.

Starting lineup for Vancouver:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
    Higgins-Kesler-Samuelsson
    Raymond-Hodgson-Hansen
    Glass-Lapierre-Oreskovich

Sounds like AV is going to mess around with the bottom six forwards until something clicks. I'm hoping Hodgson can show some chemistry with Raymond. It will be huge for Van if they can roll with 3 lines that can score.

Hamhuis-Bieksa
    Edler-Erhoff
    Ballard-Salo

I see a big post-season from Erhoff. I'd be looking to him as one of the top producing D in the playoffs, as long as Van moves forward. Edler could be close but will need to work off the rust. Samuelsson could still run the point with Erhoff on the first unit, big drop-off in talent on the second.

Cannot wait for game time.

Farm

Prospect:
    D - Ryan Murphy

Banned

Congrats on your President's Trophy but it's not an easy thing beating your playoff nemesis.

Signed,

The Ottawa Senators

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Congrats on your President's Trophy but it's not an easy thing beating your playoff nemesis.

Signed,

The Ottawa Senators
    Lol... I'll bet yesterday's draft results didn't help any either! I couldn't believe it. Some young stud D in Ottawa, and the re-emergence of Anderson gives you guys a great base to build off of.... now if you could only trade Gonchar!

Farm

Prospect:
    D - Ryan Murphy

Dobber Sports Sage

That interview with Bieksa on Saturday after the first period was hilarious. I think he accidentally hit the camera with his stick and his response was "Man that's the first hit I've thrown so far tonight..."

He's a good guy... real warrior out there, I hope they re-sign him. Just as long as he keeps doing what he's doing now and doesn't make any bonehead mistakes.
    Didjya see his comments regarding the comments from Johson/Wellwood/O'Brien by any chance?

"Well, we didn't win with them here, so..."

hahaha... guy is golden right now.

Farm

Prospect:
    D - Ryan Murphy

Banned

Lol... I'll bet yesterday's draft results didn't help any either! I couldn't believe it. Some young stud D in Ottawa, and the re-emergence of Anderson gives you guys a great base to build off of.... now if you could only trade Gonchar!
    I'm referring to how Ottawa could never beat the Leafs in the fist decade of the 2000's. I fear Vancouver may have the same jinx with Chicago although I think they'll win.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    I'm referring to how Ottawa could never beat the Leafs in the fist decade of the 2000's. I fear Vancouver may have the same jinx with Chicago although I think they'll win.
    Yea, I got that. Sucks to be playing them after placing 1st, but the positive is the confidence booster we get when we beat 'em. I'd also rather play CHI than NAS this year...Weber scares the shot outta me.

Farm

Prospect:
    D - Ryan Murphy

Dobber Sports Sage

How would I draft my Canucks in a playoff pool...

Basing this on a roster that demands 4 or more dmen, 1 goalie and 8+ forwards.

Daniel Sedin
    Henrik Sedin
    Christian Erhoff
    Roberto Luongo
    Ryan Kesler
    Mikael Samuelsson
    Alex Edler
    Chris Higgins
    Mason Raymond
    Sami Salo

Those are the main players I would focus on. Samuelsson is above Raymond based on 2nd line status and probable start on the first PP unit. Edler's value is low based on 2nd PP unit play to end the season. This could change drastically (I hate Samuelsson on the point) so I would swap the two if Edler jumps on to that first unit. Yes, I realize by then it will be too late. Higgins is also above Raymond due to 2nd line status. Kesler is below Erhoff and Luongo because of the defensive responsibilities put on him with Malhotra being out. His style of play and ice time is bound to tire him out.

Luongo could very well be the most valuable as long as Van moves forward, but I loathe to draft goalies as early as I would have to draft Luongo in playoff pools. If you think drafting a goalie first is important, he would be the very first goaltender I would draft.

Farm

Prospect:
    D - Ryan Murphy

Dobber Sports Ninja

Yay...no Dave Bolland to troll the Sedins tonight. They better win

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Man, it's been like waiting for x-mas, now that the 82 game warm up is over.

A sleeper D-man I could see breaking out is Ballard, though I'll take his shot blocking prowess over scoring with the depth Vancouver has on the blue line.

Go Canucks Go!

Dobber Sports Sage

Yay...no Dave Bolland to troll the Sedins tonight. They better win
    Very underrated omission on the Chicago side. They'll miss him more than most non-Chicago fans would know. Kinda evens out the the fact that we're missing Manny.

Farm