Thread: Goalie shuffle

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Goalie shuffle

Thanks to these forums I\'ve become a great contender in my league now. My biggest problem I\'m facing is goalies now. I recently dropped Toskala because of his IR status and picked up Conklin. From what I\'ve gathered on these forums Ty won\'t play this good forever and will eventually do horrible. So for now I figure I\'ll just ride the success he has been having. The problems I\'m having is deciding what to do with Conklin and possibly Gerber. I\'m keeping Miller for sure as he consistenly plays and I\'m hoping him and the Sabres will turn things up in this last half of the season. I could pick up Toskala again when Ty falls off, but there are other options available. Legace, Tim Thomas, Bryzgalov and Hasek are all up for grabs. The only problem with Gerber is his rotation with Emery. I thought after Emery\'s outburst he would see less ice time than ever, but because of Gebers lack of production against the Capitals Emery was back in action. I\'m guessing Ottawa will be doing what Detroit has been doing with their goalies and splitting game time for these two. If this is the case is it worth keeping Gerber on board? I figure since Ottawa has a winning record Gerber will keep a winning record and overall a decent GAA and SV %. I know there\'s varying opinions on both Gerber and Emery but I\'m always up for suggestions. BTW our league gives points for best W, GAA, SV%, and SHO in a week for goalies. Thanks again for the input. =)
    20 Team H2H Dynasty Yahoo!
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,Hit,BLK,SOG,W,GAA,SV%,SHO
    C: Thornton, Henrique, Grabovski, S. Koivu, Powe
    LW: Ovechkin, Clowe, Booth, Hudler, S. Kostitsyn, Bailey, Tanguay
    RW: Doan, Ryder, Fehr
    D:Tyutin, Visnovsky, Salo, Klesla, Gleason, Allen, Campbell, Clitsome, Greene
    G: Lundqvist, Roloson
    C x3, LW x3, RW x3, F x2, D x6, G x1, BN x7

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Goalie shuffle

With Miller already on board, pick up Legace and Thomas, drop Conklin and Gerber. Both Legace and Thomas play on defensive minded teams and that helps the numbers for both goalies.

Continue to watch the soap opera that is the goaltending situation in Ottawa and if Gerber emerges as the number one, grab him quickly dropping either Thomas or Legace.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Goalie shuffle

Thanks for the reply, I\'ll probably see how Ty plays this week and drop Gerber now. I didn\'t expect any long term investment with Ty so I\'ll pick up the other goalie when its time to drop Conklin.

Torture

Default Goalie shuffle

I\'m with Comish. Drop em both, pick up Thomas and Legace (How the hell are they both still available, are you in a really small league or something?)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Goalie shuffle

Yeah, just some friends playing. Though only 4 of us are active. Actually I think both Legace and Thomas were dropped at one point earlier in the season. I know the guy who dropped Legace has both Osgood and Luongo >