Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Any interest in a new 30-team dynasty keeper?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Any interest in a new 30-team dynasty keeper?

Site has been made, rules are developed, looking for members still.

http://lofhl.proboards.com/
    Last edited by FutureFF; March 3, 2011 at 2:16 PM.

Dobber Sports Expert

u got pm mate.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

When I get home I guess I'm going to just post the rules to the league. I've gotten some inquiries, but not as much as I had hoped.
    Last edited by FutureFF; March 1, 2011 at 1:11 PM.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

These are the rules for the league:

1. Point Tracker: Fantrax
    2. Points registered are from day 1 of the regular season to the final game.

Scoring

Forwards
    G: 10
    A: 10
    PIMs: 2
    PPG: 15
    SHG: 20
    OTG: 15
    GWG: 25
    HTRK: 50
    +/-: +/- 5
    GP: 1
    SOG: 1
    Hits: 5

Defense:
    G: 25
    A: 10
    PIMs: 2
    PPG: 15
    SHG: 20
    OTG: 15
    GWG: 25
    HTRK: 50
    +/-: +/- 5
    GP: 1
    SOG: 1
    Hits: 5

Goalies:
    W: 25
    OTL: 5
    SO: 50
    PIMs: 3
    G: 100
    A: 50
    GP: 2
    SAVES: 2
    GA: -5

Active Rosters/Playoff Rosters

1. 19 total players
    2. 12 forwards, 6 defensemen, 1 goaltenders
    3. Must Abide by Salary Cap restrictions (NHL Salary Cap)
    4. Teams will also have a 5 man bench, no registered points for these players

Playoffs Scoring

12F 6D 1G (or as much as you can fill of it) and can fill their bench with as many players as possible. The bench does not count for scoring.

Minor League
    1. 50 players Maximum (Veterans and prospects)
    2. Insufficient for Salary effect
    3. Waivers are the same standards as the NHL.
    4. Injured players may be sent to the IR if listed as longer than day-to-day status. Emergency call-ups can be made where injured replacements will not be processed through waivers.

Salary Cap

1. Same as the NHL Salary Cap.
    2. Salaries will be provided by NHLPA.com or Capgeek.com or other noteable websites.
    3. Salaries are based on salaries before a player reaches bonuses... thus making the bonuses insufficient.
    4. Penalties of cap issues results in loss of points, spots in draft picks, and eventual removal from league.
    1st infraction - a warning. you have 1 week to solve the salary issue.
    2nd infraction - loss of 2000 points to your teams overall score.
    3rd infraction - loss of position in entry draft by 10 spots
    4th infraction- Failure to fix the issue a 4th time will result in removal of manager position of team.

5. If a team ends up receiving the infractions, then the effects of the infractions carry with the picks.

Trades

1. Trades will be permitted at any time prior to trade deadline (same date as the NHL deadline)

Vetoing Trades- Possibility if there are issues with current deals. Members must vote to veto a trade and need at least 51% of league approval. (thus a 9-8 vote does not rectify as 51% of the vote)

Draft picks of the current and next year are only able to be traded. If it is the 2011/2012 season, only the 2012 and 2013 draft picks can be traded.

Player Eligibility
    1. Prospects- Any player unsigned or to an NHL entry level Contract. Not subject to waiver process. Former NHL players no longer playing in the league do not count as prospects and are subject to waivers.

2. Veterans- Any player who is no longer playing on an entry level contract. Subject to waiver process

-Players who you draft, trade for or sign as a free agent who fit the veteran criteria may be sent to the minors without clearing waivers only in two conditions, 1) The team you acquired them from (if trade) had them in the minors and 2) He has spent no time on YOUR active roster. Any other player is subject to waivers.

3. If you are unsure of a players eligibility, please ask.

Inaugural Draft

1. A randomly generated list will be created (through website or draw of a hat) to determine the order of the inaugural draft.
    2. Any player that is able to play in the NHL (by age) can be drafted in the inaugural draft. Those too young must follow the NHL outlines of the entry draft. Any player of any league (within requirements to play in the NHL) can be drafted by any team.
    3. If teams are not properly filled to active player criteria, then points will be lossed in scoring, so you must keep an active team.

Entry Draft

1. Entry Draft: 7 rounds
    2. Entry Draft Order will be reverse order of standings
    3. Entry draft will be conducted in a traditional draft format.
    4. Any player eligible for the entry draft may be drafted, even if an NHL team does not draft them.

Awards

Stanley Cup - 1st Round draft pick [31st overall]
    Presidents - 1st Round DP (after cup) [32nd overall]
    Conference - 2nd Round DP (Conference Team with more points goes 1st) [63th-64th overall]
    Division - 3rd Round DP (Division team with most points picks 1st) [95th-101th overall]

Waivers

1. Any player dropped or sent to the minors(special circumstances exist) is subject to a 24 hour waiver session
    2. All teams except for the team who dropped said player may submit a claim
    3. The team with the highest waiver priority at the end of the waiver period will win that player
    4. Waivers will only fluctuate as a result of standings, you can not lose your waiver priority by winning a player.
    5. Players moving from bench to active (or vice versa) are not subject to waivers

When you send a player down from your active roster (or call him up from the minors), and he fits the waiver criteria, he will be subject to this process as well.

Waiver Priority

1. Waiver priority will be posted each week, and will be determined by standings at end of the week. ( reverse order of standings)

Free Agent Eligibility

1. Any player who may no longer be drafted in the NHL entry draft can be signed as a free agent. Meaning if they go undrafted one season and are eligible for the following entry draft, they can not be signed.

2. Any player passing through waiver claims.

3. Teams are allowed to sign 10 players per month

4. Teams may sign no more than 4 players in any given week

5. Only 1 signing allowed per day during the regular season/offseason.

UPDATES

1. Roster Updates will be done once a week. Sundays at 10:00am Eastern will be the only day for line changes. Changes must be submitted in the roster thread prior to these times in order for changes to be made.
    Last edited by FutureFF; March 1, 2011 at 1:12 PM.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Looks like fun, I would be interseted. Drop me a PM. Planning on making this a cash league or just competitive?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Vancityguy View Post
    Looks like fun, I would be interseted. Drop me a PM. Planning on making this a cash league or just competitive?
    Just competitive. Putting money into things takes the fun out of it for me.

I'll be on later tonight to respond to all who have messaged me.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

yeah hit me up
    [email protected]

Dobber Sports Padawan

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Are you from SCFHL2?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I'm interested and know one or two more who might be as well. I do have a couple of questions/suggestions for you though which might streamline things.

- Fantrax will provide salary caps for you. I've found there are for the most part accurate to capgeek's numbers. For the past 2 season's we've used our own numbers but next season will just use Fantrax's numbers as it's much easier. You can deal with the handful of exceptions easily.

- You mention a roster window every Sunday where you must post your lineup changes. Can I ask why? Fantrax will take care of this for you and allow your GMs to make changes during the week for the following week. Again, this cuts down on the commish maintenance. In fact many things like waiver priority can be handled by Fantrax. They've built a good product.

PM on the way
    30 team league, 23 man squad, 10 prospects. points only, NHL salary cap. Keepers: 9F, 5D, 1G or 7F, 3D, 2G
    Likely Keepers
    LW: Hartnell, Datsyuk C: Grabovski, Gagner, RW: Perry, Voracek, Purcell
    D: Byfuglien, Carlson, Kronvall G: Fleury, Howard

Prospects: F: Tatar, K. Hayes, McKegg, Watson, Friberg, da Costa D: Taormina, Gustafsson G: Murphy, Kuemper

Regular Season Champion 2010-11
    Second place 2011-12

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by dsteen View Post
    I'm interested and know one or two more who might be as well. I do have a couple of questions/suggestions for you though which might streamline things.

- Fantrax will provide salary caps for you. I've found there are for the most part accurate to capgeek's numbers. For the past 2 season's we've used our own numbers but next season will just use Fantrax's numbers as it's much easier. You can deal with the handful of exceptions easily.

- You mention a roster window every Sunday where you must post your lineup changes. Can I ask why? Fantrax will take care of this for you and allow your GMs to make changes during the week for the following week. Again, this cuts down on the commish maintenance. In fact many things like waiver priority can be handled by Fantrax. They've built a good product.

PM on the way

If Capgeek is closest to Fantrax's, then I will use capgeek as the salary source

to answer your question, I dont want this to be a consistant line change, because people can always update their lineups and move players from their minors to their bench without using waivers and some people may not notice.

It's to keep teams active, but if it's more necessary, I could do 2 lineup changes. Wednesday and Sunday since they are the two slowest hockey days.

It's just to moderate waivers as nobody wants to go flipping through page to page making sure nobody is cheating their lineups.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

At this point, it looks like this league is happening since I am getting more people messaging me for this. I'm going to work on the site in the next couple of days and get things going.

message me as there are spots still open, but looks like it's going to fill up rather quickly

Dobber Sports Master

just a friendly heads up
    if you have more than 24 teams , fantrax will charge 59.99$ beginning next season .

more than 24 teams = premium feature

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    just a friendly heads up
    if you have more than 24 teams , fantrax will charge 59.99$ beginning next season .

more than 24 teams = premium feature
    The other site I was looking at was www.pickuphockey.com, so if fantrax is gonna charge me $60, pickuphockey.com does the same thing league-wise.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I'm quite interested. [email protected]

Thank you sir.
    8 teams. . Full keeper. 20 active 8 bench+ prospects
    Pts only. Win=3,SO=3

Sedin Vanek Coutoure
    Pavekski kesler spezza
    BRichards Gallagher Dupuis
    Skinner Desharnais Pacioretty
    Chara Edler
    OEL Boyle
    Hedman Markov
    Ward,Quick
    Atkinson,turris,Versteeg,Huberdeau,Schwartz,rEllis ,kipper,Elliot
    Backlund, granlund,Grigs,Loktionov, Stalock, schenn,coyle,Gardener,saad,Pulkinnen,Lehner,Jmorro ,