Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: (CAPS) Ted Leonsis weighs in

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default (CAPS) Ted Leonsis weighs in

Blog post by Ted Leonsis on trade deadline.

Also, Matty Perreault did not play for Hershey today. I am wondering if he is going to be traded.

Thoughts?
    Follow me on twitter @mikerocksthered
    https://twitter.com/mikerocksthered

ESPN 10 Team H2H
    F: Kessel, Backstrom, E. Staal, Marleau, Hossa, Kesler, Vrbata, Bozak, Koivu, Wilson, Tlusty, Fisher
    D: Chara, Shattenkirk, Souray, Beauchemin, Liles, Carlson, Vlassic, Greene
    G: Brodeur, Fasth, Ward IR: Ray Whitney

Yahoo 10 team H2H
    F: Marleau, Tlusty, Vanek, Pominville, McDonald, Clarkson, Huberdeau, Koivu
    D: Boyle, Greene, Chara, Pietrangelo, Hedman, L Schenn
    G: Brodeur, Fasth

Dobber Sports Ace

i read that he wasnt going to play in the next 2 games for Hershey as soon as he was sent down..dont know why though
    God bless us,everyone of us!

Dobber Sports Stud

Wishful thinking on my part hoping he would shed light on why the team sucks so much.

It's probably because its obvious to everybody but him and McPhee.
    Sneeze Girl: retired (Brett Favre'd)

9 Keeper, 7 Teams:

1 G, 1 A, 1 PPA, 1 PPG, 2 GWG, 1 SHG, +/-

3 WIN, -1 LOST, 5 SHUTOUT, -0.5 GA, 0.3 SV, -0.2 SHOT

Dobber Sports Master

What would they get for Perrault? The kids good.
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

i hope the caps get destroyed in the playoffs (for different reasons this time). as much as i dislike them being a pens fan, they were much more exciting to watch when they scored 1 million goals a game. switch back to the old method, and sign/trade for a couple shutdown dmen who can actually skate (I.E NOT SCOTT HANNAN), and they should do much better.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

What Washington did this year was attempt to convert a high-performance sports car into a reliable SUV by changing the paint and doors. You can't overhaul a team's identity by adding a defenseman or preaching "harder work" defensively.

Washington lost last year because they faced a very good defensive team in Montreal. Montreal also beat Pittsburgh. It happens in the playoffs.

I was/am dumbfounded by what they have been trying to do all season long.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Pro

Dale Tallon seems to have made it a strategy to go after players with potential buried in deep / mistrusting systems. Perrault would be a logical candidate to go the other way if the Caps acquire a second line C. So maybe Perrault is being kept as part of a potential package for Weiss? I don't see much of a fit with other seller teams, and Perrault wouldn't be of use to a buyer team trading a center.

And I do think that if it's Weiss, other teams can outbid the Caps. The best forward prospects in the Caps system are Russians, which many teams will be wary of, including, I would wager, FLA. Otherwise, their biggest prospect/young movable asset is in goal, and FLA is pretty set here. Their 1st round pick won't be too high.
    Rebulding in two lifetime keepers, squads to follow ...

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by TK12555 View Post
    What would they get for Perrault? The kids good.
    I saw the suggestion of MP85 and a 1st or 3rd for Weiss.

ESPN 10 Team H2H
    F: Kessel, Backstrom, E. Staal, Marleau, Hossa, Kesler, Vrbata, Bozak, Koivu, Wilson, Tlusty, Fisher

Yahoo 10 team H2H

Banned

this article sounds like a lot of wishful thinking to me...who's he trying to convince, himself or the fans? Either way, neither should be buying it, no Caps fan can feel good about a win like that, its an unconvincing win at best

the Caps are going about things all wrong IMO, when you are really strong at a particular aspect of the game and weak on others you don't compromise your strength so you can be mediocre at all, you continue to accentuate your strengths and build/work on your weaknesses

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by mikerocksthered View Post
    I saw the suggestion of MP85 and a 1st or 3rd for Weiss.
    that makes way too much sense to ever happen

that would be a good trade for both teams no doubt

Dobber Sports Master

Ted has some spelling mistakes in there....Come on, billlllionnaire owner, did you type that article on your iPhone or BB Torch?...

I think Ted sounds like he's trying to convince himself, because he certainly isn't convincing me. Good luck, Ted, but your team was better when it let in 6 goals, but scored 7 to win the game, instead of 0 and embarrass itself...Playoffs or regular season, a win is a win, so you don't have to win 1-zip to win in the playoffs, just because Montreal did. Just focus on winning 7-6, you were good at it.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports All-Star

It seems to me that even if this new system was fantastic and they were winning all their games, which they aren't, there is still a major flaw.

When the Caps were winning 6-1 & 5-2 last year, it gave the stars a chance to go out there and relax while they were blowing people away, including the goalies. This year, however, they are running around the whole game, blocking shots, stressing out and generally doing more than their talent needs them to.

I am wondering if come playoff time, these guys are going to be exhausted from the grind of a real season and not relaxed like they were coming into last year's playoffs (even though my Habs took them down).

Anyone feel this way?
    10 Team Yahoo H2H - Keep 5 - G,A,+/-,PPP,PIMS,HITS SOG,GWG/W,GAA,SV%,SO
    C: Tavares, Pavelski, Fabbri, Matthews, Rakell,
    LW: Landeskog, Sedin, Perron
    RW: Kucherov, Oshie, Radulov, Backes
    D: Subban, Petry, Gostisbehere, Green, Yandle, Werenski
    G: Price, Talbot

Canadian Dad Blog - http://canadiandad.com

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Great article on GMGM. http://www.onfrozenblog.com/

and something to keep in mind:
    Rock the Red reminds us that McPhee “has a knack for making moves that nobody sees coming.” The good crew there also offers a helpful analysis of the budget limitations likely to restrain McPhee a bit today — unless he gets creative. That blog, though, doesn’t seem to see the urgency of McPhee’s needing to making an impact in the middle of the second line that I do. The Red Rockers remind that the last time the team needed an impact center — in 2008 — McPhee went out and landed one: Sergei Fedorov. The second line hasn’t been stable and consistently productive since Feds left.
    With that said, I wouldn't be surprised to see Semin involved in a trade today....something has to been done to not only improve the team, but to shake things up to kick the existing players into gear.

What could Semin fetch, or Semin and Perreault?

ESPN 10 Team H2H

Yahoo 10 team H2H

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Killer67 View Post
    It seems to me that even if this new system was fantastic and they were winning all their games, which they aren't, there is still a major flaw.

When the Caps were winning 6-1 & 5-2 last year, it gave the stars a chance to go out there and relax while they were blowing people away, including the goalies. This year, however, they are running around the whole game, blocking shots, stressing out and generally doing more than their talent needs them to.

I am wondering if come playoff time, these guys are going to be exhausted from the grind of a real season and not relaxed like they were coming into last year's playoffs (even though my Habs took them down).

Anyone feel this way?
    Very good point Killer67. It's definitely a possibility for sure. The Caps games are always intense and usually close-low-scoring. One could say that these games are better for their preparation because they will be better able to deal with adversity and close games that seem to have a playoff atmosphere.

From a fantasy perspective, the NEW caps suck. Mike Green won't be any better than a Yandle, Lidstrom, Boyle or Doughty if they keep this approach up.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by mikerocksthered View Post
    Great article on GMGM. http://www.onfrozenblog.com/

and something to keep in mind:

With that said, I wouldn't be surprised to see Semin involved in a trade today....something has to been done to not only improve the team, but to shake things up to kick the existing players into gear.

What could Semin fetch, or Semin and Perreault?
    Brad Richards who is a centerman

Semin is cheaper than B Richards (likely 7 years at close to $50 million). I don't see it happening but you never know.