Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: [TRADE] DAL trades James Neal and Matt Niskanen to PIT for Alex Goligoski.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Dallas probably overpaid but they have pretty much 0 puck moving defencemen and as another poster said, this might free up enough capspace to re-sign Richards. They also needed to shake things up t hopefully get out of their slump (though the return of Benn could do that) and I think making the playoffs is huge to get Richards to re-sign there too.

If in fact this move frees up the capspace to re-sign Richards, then you're looking at Neal for Gogo+Richards. Weird way of looking at it I know but interesting none the less.
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow
    G (count 2): Askarov, Wallstedt, Wolf, Kochetkov, Levi
    3 round draft and 1 waiver per team per year

Dobber Sports Initiate

Well I guess the Penguins won't have to worry about trying to sign Goligoski anymore. But can they afford Neal past next season? He makes 2.9M next year and if he scores another 30 or 40 goals he won't come cheap.

The Magnificent One

this is such a bizarre deal. i got to say i love how everyone is like wow neals value sky rockets. umm isnt malkin out till next year, crosby who knows and j.staal also took a puck to the ear last night.. is he out long term also? neal becomes the go to guy on an AHL team. i am not saying long term his value should go up but for now it doesnt look so good.

the other thing is he wont be crosby's winger he will play 2nd line with malkin back at center next season. OR even 3rd line LW. because as much as we all dont like kunitz, PIT likes kunitz and crosby together. they have good chemsitry where crosby scores a ton and kunitz gets points every so often. so if malkin isnt moved back to center and staal back to third line then who knows where neal fits in. unless he shifts to RW which i think he is more comfortable at LW.

so lets not all go crazy just yet. sorry being the voice of reason here. PIT is not a name to be feared here. lets also see that he costs 3mil. that means another 8 players needed next season at under 1mil like this yr.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Bettman probably made the Dallas Stars do this trade. Stupid Penguins - they are rarely ever on the bad end of a trade (in recent years anyways)

Dobber Sports Guru

So as bad as Niskanen's been, he's still been one of the leading PP minute getter in Dallas -- does he get any in Pitt?

This has to help Martin as well -- more time with Letang on the PP. Although Malkin spends a great deal of time on the point too.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by newper114 View Post
    j.staal also took a puck to the ear last night.. is he out long term also?
    Staal is playing tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by newper114 View Post
    this is such a bizarre deal. i got to say i love how everyone is like wow neals value sky rockets. umm isnt malkin out till next year, crosby who knows and j.staal also took a puck to the ear last night.. is he out long term also? neal becomes the go to guy on an AHL team. i am not saying long term his value should go up but for now it doesnt look so good.

the other thing is he wont be crosby's winger he will play 2nd line with malkin back at center next season. OR even 3rd line LW. because as much as we all dont like kunitz, PIT likes kunitz and crosby together. they have good chemsitry where crosby scores a ton and kunitz gets points every so often. so if malkin isnt moved back to center and staal back to third line then who knows where neal fits in. unless he shifts to RW which i think he is more comfortable at LW.

so lets not all go crazy just yet. sorry being the voice of reason here. PIT is not a name to be feared here. lets also see that he costs 3mil. that means another 8 players needed next season at under 1mil like this yr.
    Obviously, long term...
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Prodigy

for all those saying dallas overpaid, niskanen albeit a decent player, is little more than a salary dump.

the trade is goligoski and cap space for neal and dallas' 7th defenseman

Dobber Sports Master

This is just the Pens setting up the eventual Malkin trade that I predicted last year... it is gonna happen.

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    This is just the Pens setting up the eventual Malkin trade that I predicted last year... it is gonna happen.
    If the Pens were able to deal Malkin for a monster package, they could be a more dangerous, well-rounded team. The return for Shrek could fill a few holes.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

what team could possibly offer something up for malkin? blues and kings off the top of my head...

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    what team could possibly offer something up for malkin? blues and kings off the top of my head...
    Not many teams and I really can't see either Kings or Blues paying up the price to get Malkin. Doesn't really fit into their plans in building their team.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

so now here comes some obvious questions;

When does Crosby come back???

....please be soon

What are the chances of Richards resigning????

....better but still not good; the bright lights of NYC are calling!!!!!

And who on earth can afford to deplete there roster to take on malkin and still improve their team????

....the atlanta thrashers or LA Kings??????

malkin + for burmistrov, ladd and bogosian???????
    malkin for brown and schenn?????

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    Not many, but I could hypothetically see packages like these:

Kings: Brown, J.Johnson, Clifford, Forbort

Blues: Oshie, Boyes, Schwartz, Cole

Oilers: Hemsky, Gagner, Penner

Rangers: Stepan, Callahan, Kreider, McDonagh

The Penguins need to improve their forward depth, especially at the wing position. These packages would supply the Pens will quality depth and make them a better team all-around.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    The Penguins need to improve their forward depth, especially at the wing position. These packages would supply the Pens will quality depth and make them a better team all-around.
    You know what, this deal alone helps a lot. Neal, Kunitz, either Malkin or Staal, Kennedy, Cooke, Jeffrey, Tangradi... It's not that bad. If the cap goes up then there might even be room to sign some UFA @ around 2 million. Trading Malkin is by no means a necessity for Pens.