Page 55 of 414 FirstFirst ... 5 45 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 65 105 155 ... LastLast

Thread: Toronto Maple Leafs

Dobber Sports Guru

frmo twitter:

Jonas Siegel ‏@jonasTSN1050
    Leafs will evaluate Gardiner upon arrival in Pittsburgh. Just needs to be cleared by the doctors.
    Gardiner is on the verge of returning and judging by our zone entry on the PP last night we could certainly use him.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Is JVR going to start putting up points? Does he look brutal? I suppose he's a pretty streaky guy.
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Luffy D Monkey View Post
    Is JVR going to start putting up points? Does he look brutal? I suppose he's a pretty streaky guy.
    He hasn't looked brutal, but hasnt looked great either. I'd give him a 6/10 so far in his two games but I do think playing with Grabovski and Kulemin will help him.

Dobber Sports Guru

Man what a tilt last night between Orr and Engelland. Here's a pic of the damage to Engelland's face.

James Mirtle ‏@mirtle
    The damage Orr did to Engelland. http://lockerz.com/s/279107894

Dobber Sports Guru

Frattin has been called up to replace injured Lupul. Any guesses where Frattin fits in the lineup?
    UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

24 Team Fantrax Salary Cap H2H Dynasty League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    , Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    23 Man Roster - 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 1G, 4BN, 4IR
    27 Man Minor Team

C-
    Tavares, Stepan, Granlund, Bjugstad, Couturier
    LW- Ryan, Perron, Ennis, Killorn, Spaling
    RW-
    Wheeler, Simmonds, Coyle, Wingels, Shaw
    D-
    JJ, Schultz, Cowen, Muzzin, Bortuzzo, Stanton
    G- Lehtonen, Rämö

F: Lehterä, Wennberg,
    McNeill, de la Rose, Fast, Leivo, Arnold, Archibald, Lindström
    D: Gelinas, Beaulieu, Koekkoek, McCabe, Johns, Gryba
    G: Berra, Talbot, Brossoit, Ullmark, Lieuwen, Rynnäs

*UHL Champion 2014*

Dobber Sports Icon

Id thk he'd lineup with kadri.
    And probably we see Mac(for now) move up with Kessel.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by sparrowtrini View Post
    Id thk he'd lineup with kadri.
    And probably we see Mac(for now) move up with Kessel.
    Agreed. JVR clicked nicely Grabovski and Kulemin so I dont think they break them up. MacArthur finished the game on the Kessel line.
    Last edited by wendelclark17; January 24, 2013 at 2:48 PM.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    I agree too.
    Mac is a pretty decent player on the boards, like Lupul, so he's probably the best fit on that line. Grabbo/Kulie/and JVR found a little chemistry which was nice to see.
    JVR intercepting that outlet pass from Malkin was frickin sweet. And then zinging it in with a quick shot. I know it's early, but I STILL CANNOT BELIEVE THEY GOT JVR FOR SCHENN.

Reimer needs a little lovin - that was a tough, tough spot he got thrown into. One of the most dangerous attacks in the NHL and he came up with an admirable effort. Yes, he should have had the first goal, but that was a sneaky quick release from Malkin after Reims had sort of followed Cros to the middle of the ice. Had Reims seen the pass even a split second sooner, I think he makes that save.The breakaway goal - some are saying it was weak too, but come on - it was a breakaway. And not just any shooter either - best player in the world. Those types find a way to get their goals. That goal is not on Reimer.

PK is impressing me. McClement and Komarov are not getting a lot of attention but are playing well.

Franson - poor guy. Trade him already if he doesn't fit into your team. Come on. Enough with the healthy scratches.
    Im with you on Reimer, really tough spot to play your first game in like 300 days. Looked quick moving in the crease and seems fairly comfortable, Malkin's goal was due to bad form on his trailing leg, he didnt keep it tight enough when coming across which he will have to work on. The breakaway was tough, slightly rolling puck and crosby slaps it five hole, really tough to read those shots.

Dobber Sports Guru

I'm liking Kostka more and more ever game. His patience with the puck, especially on the PP, is impressive. I would like to see Carlyle give Gardiner and Kostka the first PP together.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by wendelclark17 View Post
    I'm liking Kostka more and more ever game. His patience with the puck, especially on the PP, is impressive. I would like to see Carlyle give Gardiner and Kostka the first PP together.
    Don't hold your breath. I just heard on the FAN 590 that Gardiner got sent down to the Marlies today.

10th year Keeper League, Fantrax

14 teams, H2H, keep 10, daily starts
    G (3), A (2), +/- (1), PIM (0.1), PPP (1), FOW (0.1), FOL (-0.1), BLK (0.5), HAT (3), W (5), SO (3), SV (0.1), GA (-0.5)

C (3) - Schmaltz (LW, RW), Mercer (RW), Norris (IR), Domi (LW), T. Johnson (RW), Nosek (LW)
    LW (3) - Keller (RW), Hagel, McCann (C), Zacha (LW), Kubalik (RW), N. Foligno (IR)
    RW (3) - Fiala (LW), Vilardi (C), Ehlers (LW), Kakko
    D (4) - Theodore, Orlov, Grzelcyk, T. van Riemsdyk, Clifton, Skjei, Weegar
    Util (1)
    G (1) - Montembault, Allen, Halak

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by The Guvnah View Post
    Don't hold your breath. I just heard on the FAN 590 that Gardiner got sent down to the Marlies today.
    **** me you're right ...... I must say I didnt see that coming. He hasnt played great but still .....

James Mirtle ‏@mirtle
    Gardiner hasn't looked like himself in two games so it makes sense to give him some time with the Marlies. Easy to send up and down.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Definitely a surprise. I doubt he'll spend much time down there though.

10th year Keeper League, Fantrax

14 teams, H2H, keep 10, daily starts
    G (3), A (2), +/- (1), PIM (0.1), PPP (1), FOW (0.1), FOL (-0.1), BLK (0.5), HAT (3), W (5), SO (3), SV (0.1), GA (-0.5)

C (3) - Schmaltz (LW, RW), Mercer (RW), Norris (IR), Domi (LW), T. Johnson (RW), Nosek (LW)
    LW (3) - Keller (RW), Hagel, McCann (C), Zacha (LW), Kubalik (RW), N. Foligno (IR)
    RW (3) - Fiala (LW), Vilardi (C), Ehlers (LW), Kakko
    D (4) - Theodore, Orlov, Grzelcyk, T. van Riemsdyk, Clifton, Skjei, Weegar
    Util (1)
    G (1) - Montembault, Allen, Halak

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by The Guvnah View Post
    Definitely a surprise. I doubt he'll spend much time down there though.
    Well I just dropped him anyways in a one-year league ..... I cant afford to have guys on my active roster that arent producing ..... picked up Hamilton in the meantime.

I hope he gets it sorted out soon, the leafs need his mobility from the back-end.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by wendelclark17 View Post
    Well I just dropped him anyways in a one-year league ..... I cant afford to have guys on my active roster that arent producing ..... picked up Hamilton in the meantime.

I hope he gets it sorted out soon, the leafs need his mobility from the back-end.
    In a one year league you can't afford to mess around so good call there. Development-wise this is better than leaving him on an island in the NHL and potentially wasting a year. He can go down and ease himself back into things.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Have to say Reimer was rock solid. The goals were basically rust. Especially Malkins. Rick St.Croix finger has already been seen on him.
    Need to send Scriv down and add a veteran backup.

Scrivens never liked him. Will never like him. Despite his win in Montreal hes a subpar goalie. Looks shakey out there.

Kostka "thumbs up". As i mentioned a month ago from watching the marlies ive really liked. Thing is hes simplified his game even more to improve his defensive side.

Komasarik - What gives with the leafs? 2 of 4 games so far. Both games he plays like the Koma of old. Go away Franson. Gotta believe its about giving the kids a real look which is the way it should go. Just want his fantasy hits, blks & pims...blah.

Gardiner - this is what shocked me. Why wasnt he still with the Marlies for conditioning b4 coming back? Easily the reason why he was sent down.

Frattin - Nice game. He worked hard after a bad camp in the beginning. Just needs the opportunity.

In conclusion - Mr. Nonis go and get Nino.